Flipper Goes Insane--Pimps out Concord House

By rufita11   Follow   Thu, 6 Dec 2012, 8:03pm   5,936 views   46 comments
In San Ramon CA 94583   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

This flip is all pimped out. I have no idea why anyone would do this to a house in that neighborhood. A psych eval may be in order. http://www.redfin.com/CA/Concord/2116-Dena-Dr-94519/home/1769831

Go to Google street view and check out the neighbors along with the skid marks on the road--obviously from the same car lovin' neighbors.

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 7-46 of 46     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

7   10:10am Tue 11 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Mick Russom says

Concord is a dump. Most of the bay area is a dump. 1970s/ early 1980s junk buildings everywhere, most homes are shacks, mold, asbestos in deterioration, and horrible elementary schools and high schools. Its a god damned nightmare. Within 24 months of departure.

The dot-com bubble, and housing bubble have forever changed the Bay Area. The Bay Area I knew in the 90s is a completely different place. Even with all the base closures and a recession, it was never this bad.

2. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

8   10:38am Tue 11 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

rufita11 says

E-man. No they are not. Those are looong skid marks with skips from spinning tires. At the end, it curves almost into a neighbor's house. Put the little orange man on the road and go a few houses down.

Yep, use street view. They are most defiantly skid marks, you can even see the power-line shadows on the street as well.

3. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    722 threads
    9,979 comments

9   10:59am Tue 11 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (7)   Dislike (2)  

HOA $25 a month.
    I love it, not a deal breaker, but JUST enough to allow a panel of pathetic losers tell everyone around them how to live.

4. swebb

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    31 threads
    645 comments
    Denver, CO

10   11:04am Tue 11 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

rufita11 says

Befriend or Ignore
    Friends: 3
    Threads: 9
    Comments: 106
    Aliases
    San Ramon, CA
    3 8:41pm Thu 6 Dec 2012 Share Quote Permalink Like Dislike

E-man. No they are not. Those are looong skid marks with skips from spinning tires. At the end, it curves almost into a neighbor's house. Put the little orange man on the road and go a few houses down.

I saw shadows from power lines, no skid marks. If they are skid marks they appear to be from a bicycle.

5. rufita11

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    19 threads
    306 comments
    San Ramon, CA

11   11:18am Tue 11 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

@swebb --Did you go to street view and actually walk the street? That is how you get to see the most interesting and alarming stuff.

6. epitaph

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    14 threads
    378 comments

12   11:23am Tue 11 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

HOA $25 a month.

I love it, not a deal breaker, but JUST enough to allow a panel of pathetic losers tell everyone around them how to live.

I don't care if the HOA pays me fees, the HOA itself is a dealbreaker.

I like being able to change my own oil in the driveway.

7. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    154 threads
    5,266 comments

13   12:00pm Tue 11 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (5)   Dislike  

Looks like a lot of work was put into the house, it looks very luxurious. However, there are lot of items simply not listed and potential buyers should ask about.

His description says nothing about fundamentals of the house such as electrical, plumbing, roof, central air... if those things are old and need work that's a major expense waiting to happen. If it's on a slab, plumbing work will not be cheap, and 1953 usually means there are old cast iron pipes that have rotten away and will often clog and leak.

There is carpet on the floor in some places. If the house is 1953 usually it means there is asbestos tile (which was popular during that time) right under the carpet (as most owners simply covered it instead of replacing it).

8. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    722 threads
    9,979 comments

14   12:05pm Tue 11 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

FortWayne says

There is carpet on the floor in some places. If the house is 1953 usually it means there is asbestos tile (which was popular during that time) right under the carpet (as most owners simply covered it instead of replacing it).

As an ex Carpet installer, thankfully the common thing here in South Florida at the time was a choice of Green Avocado high-low/sculpture carpet on a concrete slab or bare terrazzo.

9. tatupu70

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    23 threads
    7,910 comments

15   12:23pm Tue 11 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

leo707 says

Yep, use street view. They are most defiantly skid marks, you can even see the power-line shadows on the street as well.

I looked and they sure looked like power line shadows to me. They are VERY thin to be skid marks. And it's very odd that the "skid" marks just happen to be directly below power lines...

10. Homeboy

Follow
    Befriend
    39 threads
    3,546 comments

16   12:46am Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

tatupu70 says

I looked and they sure looked like power line shadows to me. They are VERY thin to be skid marks. And it's very odd that the "skid" marks just happen to be directly below power lines...

You are looking in the wrong place. There are skid marks in the street. There are also shadows from power lines, but those are IN ADDITION to the skid marks.

11. Philistine

Follow
    Befriend
    683 comments
    Los Angeles, CA

17   12:56am Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

This house is a tacky bunch of shit. Fit and finish throughout screams Lowes. The structure is a stick frame salt box with some gingerbread slapped on. Soulless and bland and frankly depressing.

When will people learn that big fat crown moldings and chair railing in a room with 8' ceilings is oppressive and diabolical? The "fancy" cut tile in pic #22 makes me constipated.

The ultimate in bad taste.

12. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    427 comments

18   12:58am Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Street view, 3 houses down the one with the open garage. Looks like the gangbanger is flipping off the google car :-D. Nice Hood!!!!!

13. mycal

Follow
    Befriend
    2 threads
    3 comments
    Concord, CA

19   8:32am Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Huh? Walk north for a few properties past the overgrown lot with the delivery truck and you will definitely see car skid marks running down the road. No question.

I would also never buy with a HOA but friends had told me that they aren't really enforcers. The HOA is really to care for the community pool and park. A nice option which I was able to occasionally use on a day pass.

I found the house that I was overbid on: http://www.redfin.com/CA/Concord/2136-Dena-Dr-94519/home/685242 The same people are still there, most likely underwater. $469,500 July 2004. If I recall, ask was $400k and I bid $415k.

14. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    5,891 comments
    San Jose, CA

20   8:51am Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

Mick Russom says

Concord is a dump. Most of the bay area is a dump. 1970s/ early 1980s junk buildings everywhere, most homes are shacks, mold, asbestos in deterioration, and horrible elementary schools and high schools. Its a god damned nightmare. Within 24 months of departure.

The fortress is nice(er)

swebb says

I saw shadows from power lines, no skid marks. If they are skid marks they appear to be from a bicycle.

I thought the same thing until I moved up the street a bit.

The skid marks are running lengthwise down the street. They are clearly automotive skid marks.

yup1 says

rufita11 says

Street view, 3 houses down the one with the open garage. Looks like the gangbanger is flipping off the google car :-D. Nice Hood!!!!!

I don't think he is flipping off the car. It looks like he is talking on his cell with one hand while holding something in the other.

15. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    154 threads
    5,266 comments

21   11:06am Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

FortWayne says

As an ex Carpet installer, thankfully the common thing here in South Florida at the time was a choice of Green Avocado high-low/sculpture carpet on a concrete slab or bare terrazzo.

I wish they did that here. CA, mostly up North, used asbestos for insulation. A lot of it is still around these days. When we bought our place we found some of the left over gems in our place too (as usual just covered by carpet since the owner was too afraid to remove it himself).

16. rufita11

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    19 threads
    306 comments
    San Ramon, CA

22   11:42am Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

mycal says

Huh? Walk north for a few properties past the overgrown lot with the delivery truck and you will definitely see car skid marks running down the road. No question.

I would also never buy with a HOA but friends had told me that they aren't really enforcers. The HOA is really to care for the community pool and park. A nice option which I was able to occasionally use on a day pass.

I found the house that I was overbid on: http://www.redfin.com/CA/Concord/2136-Dena-Dr-94519/home/685242 The same people are still there, most likely underwater. $469,500 July 2004. If I recall, ask was $400k and I bid $415k.

Looks like you dodged a bullet, literally and financially. Additionally, that high school has been a zoo for a couple decades now.

17. Homeboy

Follow
    Befriend
    39 threads
    3,546 comments

23   11:49am Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

New Renter says

I don't think he is flipping off the car. It looks like he is talking on his cell with one hand while holding something in the other.

But check out the other guy, in the dark shirt, a couple frames down the street. I had the same thought - maybe he's flipping the bird, but it's too blurry to tell for sure.

18. SkyPirate

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    100 comments
    Atlanta, GA

24   12:29pm Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

PPete says

This is a very nice part of NorCal.

I'm from Atlanta and that neighborhood looks pretty nice. I find it hard to believe that landscaping this good is in a bad part of town.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2116+Dena+Dr+Concord,+CA+94519&hl=en&ll=37.989185,-122.0251&spn=0.001082,0.001102&sll=33.660713,-84.412192&sspn=0.051722,0.070553&t=h&hnear=2116+Dena+Dr,+Concord,+Contra+Costa,+California+94519&z=20&layer=c&cbll=37.989185,-122.0251&panoid=xVZNBE6O7APP2fYtmtsDlw&cbp=12,209.26,,0,17.85

But hey, I know nothing about CA. Maybe gang-bangers enjoy gardening and planting roses when they aren't busy doing drive-bys.

19. SkyPirate

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    100 comments
    Atlanta, GA

25   12:40pm Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  
  20. SkyPirate

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    100 comments
    Atlanta, GA

26   12:40pm Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  
  21. bg

Follow
    Befriend (14)
    48 threads
    438 comments
    Pacifica, CA
    Premium

27   9:32pm Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

APOCALYPSEFUCK is Shostakovich says

It needs a trapeze in the living room so harem members can hang from the ceiling and their sister wives take turns eating them out.

AF, that is uncalled for. zombies and cannibals, please.

Philistine says

This house is a tacky bunch of shit. Fit and finish throughout screams Lowes. The structure is a stick frame salt box with some gingerbread slapped on. Soulless and bland and frankly depressing.

When will people learn that big fat crown moldings and chair railing in a room with 8' ceilings is oppressive and diabolical? The "fancy" cut tile in pic #22 makes me constipated.

The ultimate in bad taste.

@Philistine That belongs on the Best of Page. I wish I could like your comment 10 times. Hilarious!

22. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    427 comments

28   10:59pm Wed 12 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

New Renter says

You need to go forward just a little more, and the guy on the left looks like he is flipping off the camera :)

23. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (47)
    364 threads
    19,066 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

29   9:28am Thu 13 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

I know his area well. I own a house two blocks away from here. The house is grossly overbuilt for the area although it really is a nice working class neighborhood. There's the Holbrook Heights HOA that costs about $200 a year and includes a nice park and public well maintained swimming pool.

My house is a 5br, 3ba that I put $30,000 into and bought for $185,000ish. It's not going to be for sale but I think it would easily sell for $360,000. I'll certainly be rooting for them to get the $589k although there really is no chance.

The skid-marks are totally irrelevant. There are skid marks in front of my neighbor's $2 million Lafayette estate. I know because I put them there.

Here's my little baby in Holbrook Heights:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3355-Bennett-Way-Concord-CA-94519/18342860_zpid/

24. rufita11

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    19 threads
    306 comments
    San Ramon, CA

30   6:42pm Thu 13 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Iwog, you wouldn't send any child of yours to that high school though. Would you?

25. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,359 comments
    Monterey, CA

31   7:01pm Thu 13 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

iwog says

Here's my little baby in Holbrook Heights:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3355-Bennett-Way-Concord-CA-94519/18342860_zpid/

The satellite image seems to show the backyard with one of those tents the police erect when digging up bodies. And what's with the crazy hobo/picker/junkyard neighbour?

26. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    765 threads
    6,579 comments
    Baltimore, MD

32   8:24pm Thu 13 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

FortWayne says

His description says nothing about fundamentals of the house such as electrical, plumbing, roof, central air.

It's because most buyers are too stupid to look past bling.

27. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    765 threads
    6,579 comments
    Baltimore, MD

33   8:26pm Thu 13 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

iwog says

he skid-marks are totally irrelevant. There are skid marks in front of my neighbor's $2 million Lafayette estate. I know because I put them there.

28. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (47)
    364 threads
    19,066 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

34   4:25am Fri 14 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Bigsby says

The satellite image seems to show the backyard with one of those tents the police erect when digging up bodies. And what's with the crazy hobo/picker/junkyard neighbour?

The tent is just plastic for the lawn that was never put down. It has a very nice shop and a two bedroom addition that has all finalized city permits. I'm just waiting for the bathroom to be finished and then it's for rent.

29. CashWillCrash

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    183 comments

35   8:52pm Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Redfin shows the listing as "pending", does that mean a psychic evaluation should be done on the buyer rather than the flipper? However, Zillow shows that the Price of $589,950 was only the "MAKE ME MOVE" price (owner's fantasy price) and about a week later it sold for $173,000 which looks like a short sale since the previous sales price shows as $346,000. Guess a reader with real MLS access can lookup the truth on this beauty...

30. JodyChunder

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    32 threads
    1,776 comments
    Victorville, CA

36   8:54pm Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

SkyPirate says

Maybe gang-bangers enjoy gardening

Some do...

31. JodyChunder

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    32 threads
    1,776 comments
    Victorville, CA

37   8:55pm Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bigsby says

Heh. Sounds like my people...you can keep the cashmere-socks-and-kale-chips crowd. Gimme the killers and abortion clinic bombers. They're just more fun to be around.

32. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (47)
    364 threads
    19,066 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

38   10:38pm Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

CashWillCrash says

and about a week later it sold for $173,000 which looks like a short sale since the previous sales price shows as $346,000. Guess a reader with real MLS access can lookup the truth on this beauty...

Nope. The $173,000 is probably based on a cash out refinance and doesn't reflect a price paid for the home. The $346k sale was an REO from a foreclosure that occurred in 2006. Based on the remodel that was done, I'd say it's possible the owner made between $50k and $100k on the flip.

Not bad, but one hell of a risk considering the neighborhood.

33. varmint

Follow
    Befriend
    8 threads
    172 comments

39   11:04pm Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

iwog says

I know his area well. I own a house two blocks away from here. The house is grossly overbuilt for the area although it really is a nice working class neighborhood.

I wouldn't have a problem living in that neighborhood, but I'd never send kids to school there. I grew up in Concord and WC and anything that feeds to Mt. is a non starter.

34. fedwatcher

Follow
    Befriend
    253 comments
    Valencia, CA

40   11:13pm Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

This listing is PENDING. So I guess this flipper has won.

35. JodyChunder

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    32 threads
    1,776 comments
    Victorville, CA

41   11:21pm Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

fedwatcher says

flipper has won.

On the flip side -- flipper fail:

36. rufita11

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    19 threads
    306 comments
    San Ramon, CA

42   1:46pm Tue 15 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

fedwatcher says

This listing is PENDING. So I guess this flipper has won.

Wait until it closes before making such a declaration.

37. rufita11

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    19 threads
    306 comments
    San Ramon, CA

43   2:25pm Mon 21 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

It's back on the market again.

38. jvolstad

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    1,094 threads
    1,396 comments
    San Antonio, TX
    jvolstad's website

44   2:35pm Mon 21 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

I'll never understand the Bay Area. The weather was nice and all, I had some great friends in the area, but those prices.

Good to be back in Texas.

39. JodyChunder

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    32 threads
    1,776 comments
    Victorville, CA

45   6:29pm Mon 21 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

jvolstad says

Good to be back in Texas.

You mean Taxes.

40. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    356 threads
    9,744 comments

46   6:51pm Mon 21 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

rufita11 says

It's back on the market again.

It needs a pit for human sacrifices.

« First     « Previous comments    

rufita11 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 314 milliseconds to create.