Instagram to pirate users photos with out compensation.

By CaptainShuddup   Follow   Tue, 18 Dec 2012, 11:44am   242 views   2 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/18/technology/social/instagram-sell-photos/

The new terms of use, effective January 16, are littered with changes throughout -- but the biggest changes came in the section about users' rights. "A business or other entity may pay" Instagram to display users' photos and other details "in connection with paid or sponsored content or promotions, without any compensation to you."

Even minors are subject to the new terms: "If you are under the age of eighteen .... you represent that at least one of your parents or legal guardians has also agreed to this provision." Users can't opt out of the new provisions. The only way to avoid them is to delete your Instagram account altogether.

Is it just me, or do business people suck the FUN out of everything?

I actually developed a Social Networking site in '06, the reason I didn't move forward, was because every capitol investor I approached had bad ideas that killed the spirit of what I developed. Key pieces that I intentionally left out, was the corner stone of how they wanted to implement the site.
At least wait until the site gets critical mass, and I make my millions. Then they could screw it up how ever they wanted.

Viewing Comments 1-2 of 2     Last »     See most liked comments

1. thunderlips11

Follow
    Befriend (13)
    206 threads
    4,402 comments
    Premium

1   11:52am Tue 18 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

That users under 18 thing will be unenforceable, I'm pretty sure.

But yeah, you produce content, they sell it and make money off it with no compensation for you.

2. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    794 threads
    6,782 comments
    Baltimore, MD

2   12:01pm Tue 18 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

I don't use Instagram.

CaptainShuddup is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 28 milliseconds to create.