Boehner needs to stop bitching and whining and crying over Obama and pass a bill

By iwog   Follow   Wed, 19 Dec 2012, 1:57pm   4,417 views   129 comments
In Lafayette CA 94549   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike (2)  

The problem is he can't. His own party will have enough defectors to defeat Plan B or any other plan that increases taxes by one cent, and even if he does pass something he still must reconcile it with the Senate.

Yet the drones drone on...."OBAMA THIS!!! OBAMA THAT!!! OBAMA IS CRAZY!!!"

All of this is to cover up the fact that the Republican party is a joke and has no interest in actually governing the country or even passing a tax bill. If you want proof, simply look at Plan B. Oh wait......we can't look at Plan B. It's still a secret.

The House may vote on the secret tax offer on Thursday assuming the teabaggers can be muzzled effectively. If not, they wont.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2012/12/18/house-gop-will-get-plan-b-details/

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 90-129 of 129     Last »     See most liked comments

1. GraooGra

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    232 comments

90   5:27pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

dublin hillz says

My observation is that the conservative talk show radio must be heavily funded by gold sellers who want to pump up price of gold by spreading fears of financial collapse and by weapons dealers who wish to create fear of anarchy and government infringement so that they can cash in on gun sales.

Gold sellers advertise on MSNBC also.

2. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

91   5:42pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

David Losh says

Obama has had budget proposals, which Republicans claim he has never presented.

that would be a great link to share, thanks!

3. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    444 threads
    2,874 comments

92   5:49pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Bap33 says

David Losh says

Here you go...
    http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2012/February/Obama-Presents-2012-Budget-to-Congress-/

4. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    784 threads
    6,716 comments
    Baltimore, MD

93   6:46pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

iwog says

He's done a fine job. What do you think he could have done better?

Balanced a budget by cutting spending and actually giving a shit about unemployment.

5. errc

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    46 threads
    2,412 comments
    32 male

94   6:49pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

Your boehner won't stop itching? I think they make a cream for that. And this is exactly why I don't vacation in ireland anymore

6. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    70 threads
    3,086 comments
    Bellingham, WA

95   6:53pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

no no, Obama's great sin is delivering his budgets late:

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/07/18/obama-misses-budget-deadline-again/

7. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    70 threads
    3,086 comments
    Bellingham, WA

96   6:55pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

zzyzzx says

Balanced a budget by cutting spending and actually giving a shit about unemployment.

you realize these are mutually exclusive actions, right?

no, you're a conservative, that degree of independent thought is above you obviously

8. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    784 threads
    6,716 comments
    Baltimore, MD

97   7:47pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

Bellingham Bill says

you realize these are mutually exclusive actions, right?

No they aren't. If elected dictator, I could easily do it in a day. Probably more like an hour.

9. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    70 threads
    3,086 comments
    Bellingham, WA

98   8:21pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

The problem is that we disagree about how government spending is supporting employment in our private economy, and of course all the direct government jobs.

There's probably billions disappearing into swiss bank accounts somewhere, but even if you were dictator you would not necessarily smoke that theft out.

Our "paycheck" economy is fundamentally broken.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/GINIALLRH

is one symptom

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/?g=dYO

is another -- it shows how corporate profits have skyrocketed from $800B in 2000 to $1.8T today.

Money is gushing out of the paycheck economy and not coming back, not without government borrowing money (or, better yet, TAXING it) and spending it back.

Cutting government spending to any significant degree would just utterly slaughter this country.

This is obvious, really.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-12/u-s-poverty-rate-stays-at-almost-two-decade-high-income-falls.html

The 1% has no need for the 99% in this country, other than as a minimal service sector servicing their particular needs and wants at subsistence wage levels.

I don't think government spending is the best answer for all of this, but it's all the system can arrange itself to produce now.

Oh, and vague content-free assertion above noted.

You're just repeating a bullshit conservative talking point unbacked by any reality.

10. david1

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    790 comments
    33 male
    Fort Mill, SC

99   8:24pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

zzyzzx says

No they aren't. If elected dictator, I could easily do it in a day. Probably more like an hour.

Caveat: When I read "Giving a shit about unemployment" I think "do something" about unemployment. Is this what you mean?

With that said, how are you going to balance the budget by cutting spending (taking AT LEAST $1T out of a $16T economy) and reduce unemployment exactly?

Hold on, I gotta get my notepad for this.

11. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    784 threads
    6,716 comments
    Baltimore, MD

100   9:09pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

david1 says

Caveat: When I read "Giving a shit about unemployment" I think "do something" about unemployment. Is this what you mean?

Fixing the economy is actually very easy. I'd start out by denying any type of welfare (including things like unemployment insurance, food stamps, section 8 housing, Obamaphones) for anyone who owns or has owned as far back as motor vehicle records go any vehicle whose final assembly point in not in USA or Canada, or by GM, Ford or Chrysler in Mexico. There needs to be personal consequences to buying foreign. If for some reason people still buy imported cars, I'd tell all the Korean and Japanese automakers that they are now required to have ofsetting exports from the US to make up for any imports to the US (which would include auto parts). If they don't like that, they should have thought of that when they bombed Pearl Harbor and made Boeing make an airplane wing in Japan in order to sell their airplane there. Then I'd spend whatever it takes to use our domestic energy sources (especially natural gas) to replace imported oil. Things like bus systems (municipal and school), delivery services (UPS, USPS, Fed Ex), and probably some taxi fleets can all be converted to use domestic natural gas instead of imported oil. The use of home heating oil would be phased out as well. Except for Alaska, I think the rest of the US can use heat pumps or natural gas. I'd also deport all 12 million illegal aliens and seal the border. A few helicopter gunships, some land mines, and some military personnel would be all that's really needed. Anyone attempting to enter the country illegally would be shot and left for dead. I'd greatly reduce or eliminate all welfare programs for able bodied people. Oh yeah, and "Stress" is not a disability. People currently on welfare can pickfruit or clean offices just as good, once you take away their welfare. I'd raise the age at which one can collect social security in any form by 5 years, effective immediately. I'd do away with all union labor requirements on government jobs, as well as a complete elimination of and affirmative action programs or minority procurement programs, because not only are they racist, but it's expensive. If you think prisons will be overcrowded, think again, since bullets are cheaper than prison cells. I'd also repeal so many regulations that I could not possibly list them here, but there area lot of stupid regulations like stuff about lead paint, asbestos, gas cans, etc. I would also ban immigration and send all the H1B workers home. When unemployment is this high, we don't need guest workers or more people.

12. errc

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    46 threads
    2,412 comments
    32 male

101   9:22pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

Zzyzzx, stop posting while drinking

First off, unemployment insurance is not welfare. Working folk are forced to pay into the insurance, and only those that have paid for the insurance may utilize it, and its always short term. Well, it was until prez bush extended it at the turn of the century

Secondly, I had to stop reading that crap about consequences for buying foreign cars, what the hell is that?

13. bob2356

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    4,408 comments

102   9:33pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

errc says

Zzyzzx, stop posting while drinking

Sounds more like a coke or speed binge to me. Boozers don't usually go with paranoia intermixed with grandiose visions of power although with neocons it's hard to tell day to day thinking from substance abuse.

14. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    752 threads
    9,423 comments

103   9:38pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

lostand confused says

Bap33 says

David Losh says

Here you go...

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2012/February/Obama-Presents-2012-Budget-to-Congress-/

And Obama's buddies in the Senate and house were all in approval for his budget... oh wait..

Senate rejects Obama 2013 budget 99 to 0
    http://www.examiner.com/article/senate-rejects-obama-budget-99-to-0-white-house-calls-vote-gimmick

...."As reported by The Washington Times, initially the U.S. Senate overwhelmingly rejected the proposed Obama Budget for 2013 by a vote of 99-0.

Prior to that, the House of Representatives shot down the proposal two months ago by a vote of 414-0."

15. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (25)
    462 threads
    7,711 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

104   9:51pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

zzyzzx says

I'd start out by denying any type of welfare (including things like unemployment insurance, food stamps, section 8 housing, Obamaphones) for anyone who owns or has owned as far back as motor vehicle records go any vehicle whose final assembly point in not in USA or Canada, or by GM, Ford or Chrysler in Mexico.

It's better to have the "final" assembly in the US, even though the parts are foreign-made?

I would have read the rest of your post, but it appeared to be one long-ass paragraph of rant.

16. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    70 threads
    3,086 comments
    Bellingham, WA

105   10:00pm Fri 21 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

actually that was an honest response and it's not all that wrong IMO.

I agree with the import/export imbalance and the need to shift at least fleet vehicles to natgas.

Illegal aliens are driving down wages and "need to go" as it were. But once they're deported it's critical that they stay deported . . .

There's no reason to raise SSA to 67 of course. SSA was designed for 62 and has $2.6T in its trust fund to pay out. Young workers are more productive than old generally, so it's good to just pension the old off and let them spend money into the consumer economy and get some velocity back.

The typical rant for union-busting, lead paint and asbestos was appreciated, but I do agree that gas cans have gotten over-regulated, LOL.

17. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    444 threads
    2,874 comments

106   5:27am Sat 22 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

Call it Crazy says

And Obama's buddies in the Senate and house were all in approval for his budget... oh wait..

That is not the point. The statement was Obama did not present a budget. He did. The rest is politics as usual. Now you can argue it was a lame budget-but that is different than claiming he never did present a budget-he did.

18. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

107   10:39am Sat 22 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

I askeda link or proof for Lord Barry's 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 budgets. Nothing more.

lostand confused says

Bap33 says

David Losh says

Here you go...

Call it Crazy says

Senate rejects Obama 2013 budget 99 to 0
    http://www.examiner.com/article/senate-rejects-obama-budget-99-to-0-white-house-calls-vote-gimmick
    ...."As reported by The Washington Times, initially the U.S. Senate overwhelmingly rejected the proposed Obama Budget for 2013 by a vote of 99-0.
    Prior to that, the House of Representatives shot down the proposal two months ago by a vote of 414-0."

hmmmm ... I may be a bit biased, but I sure have not seen a budget from Lord Barry for each of his terms that he was responsible for ... weird ... when has that ever happened before? I sure hope Holder don't come looking for me.

Don't forget, Haelth Care was slammed through in crushing fashion ... free from such silly fetters as a budget ... or morals.

19. David Losh

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    1,546 comments
    Seattle, WA
    David Losh's website

108   11:01am Sat 22 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (3)  

Bap33 says

I may be a bit biased, but I sure have not seen a budget from Lord Barry for each of his terms that he was responsible for ... weird

and I responded with: The biggest problem with Obama budgets is the spending. Obama has borrowed, and spent a lot of money keeping the economy afloat.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/house-and-senate-unanimously-reject-obama-budgets-or-do-they/

20. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

109   11:33am Sat 22 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

zzyzzx says

'd start out by denying any type of welfare (including things like unemployment insurance, food stamps, section 8 housing, Obamaphone

Like you Mitt Romney had no chance of becoming President

You cannot stop yourself arguing against the 47%.

I thought this country is about the 100% not the 1%?

Ultra-Orthodox Conservatism is a model for the middle east, how do you think they are doing?

21. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    444 threads
    2,874 comments

110   12:33pm Sat 22 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Bap33 says

anyone seen a budget from Lord Barry's Gang at any time since they rolled up in that DC joint and started slangin' dat shizzle?

Bap33 says

I askeda link or proof for Lord Barry's 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 budgets. Nothing more

Bap33 says

Either you are being dense or you just enjoy trolling. It would take you all of 5 minutes to get this info-here you go

Fiscal 2010 budget
    http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?id=6680428

Fiscal 2011 budget
    http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/nation/article_84abe073-e61e-568c-83ae-feef8857351d.html

Look up the rest yourself-it will take 2 minutes.

22. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

111   10:39pm Sat 22 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (3)  

lol, my bad, I should have been more specific ... a budget that was balanced, with all of the welfare programs paid for, that was voted on and passed.

23. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    444 threads
    2,874 comments

112   2:18am Sun 23 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Bap33 says

lol, my bad, I should have been more specific ... a budget that was balanced, with all of the welfare programs paid for, that was voted on and passed.

Bap33 says

anyone seen a budget from Lord Barry's Gang at any time since they rolled up in that DC joint and started slangin' dat shizzle?

Bap33 says

I askeda link or proof for Lord Barry's 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 budgets. Nothing more

Bap33 says

Nice try -next you will claim his budget should explain the reason for existance of man too. But the President does not pass a budget-that is the job of congress. His job is to submit one and in your multiple quotes, some insulting, you suggest he has not -he has -for every year he has been in power. Which makes me think you are just trolling, for you should know that or watch Fox News too much and believed that nonsense and now can't admit you are wrong.

24. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,169 comments
    Premium

113   7:13am Sun 23 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

Bap33 says

Don't forget, Haelth Care was slammed through in crushing fashion ... free from such silly fetters as a budget ... or morals.

That would be great if it were true, but health care reform was not passed. It was insurance reform, and actually just another tax on those who can least afford it.

25. David Losh

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    1,546 comments
    Seattle, WA
    David Losh's website

114   1:09pm Sun 23 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

Bap33 says

a budget that was balanced, with all of the welfare programs paid for,

Oh you mean like all the corporate welfare?

Show me a balanced budget from any one.

26. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

115   1:14pm Sun 23 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

lostand confused says

now can't admit you are wrong.

I was wrong? Your point is to give Lord Barry a free-pass because he put up for vote some pie-in-the-sky spending dream that HIS OWN SIDE would not pass?? Really? Ok, I was wrong.

27. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

116   1:19pm Sun 23 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

David Losh says

Show me a balanced budget from any one.

yes, I do include all forms of welfare.

there will never be a balanced budget due to the welfare spending required by the liberal leftists, and currupt GOP fatcats. They are buying votes and will not allow that to end. Joe S. Pack will keep getting his ass kicked.

28. David Losh

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    1,546 comments
    Seattle, WA
    David Losh's website

117   2:04pm Sun 23 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Bap33 says

there will never be a balanced budget due to the welfare spending required by the liberal leftists, and currupt GOP fatcats.

Now you are talking about the economy.

Welfare for the poor is direct deposit into the velocity of the money supply. People on welfare get a check, and spend it.

In theory corporate welfare is a long term infusion of dollars into the economy, by propping up such things as oil, food, banking, and Real Estate.

What we have right now is speculation in commodities due to historically low interest rates.

All of these things keep Joe Six Pack in beer, and cigarettes, literally.

29. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    784 threads
    6,716 comments
    Baltimore, MD

118   10:01am Mon 24 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

errc says

First off, unemployment insurance is not welfare.

It is when you extend it to 2 years.

30. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    784 threads
    6,716 comments
    Baltimore, MD

119   10:04am Mon 24 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

errc says

Secondly, I had to stop reading that crap about consequences for buying foreign cars, what the hell is that?

IMO, people who buy foreign cars should b=not be eligible for any type of welfare program. There needs to be some personal responsibility in the fact that we send trillions overseas every year for foreign made goods that should be made in USA, and that's a lot of jobs. There needs to be some personal responsibility for buying foreign made goods.

31. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    784 threads
    6,716 comments
    Baltimore, MD

120   10:04am Mon 24 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

David Losh says

I'm against most or maybe all forms of corporate welfare as well.

32. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    784 threads
    6,716 comments
    Baltimore, MD

121   10:05am Mon 24 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

121212 says

I thought this country is about the 100% not the 1%?

I thought that this country was about self reliance and freedom. At least it used to be,

33. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    784 threads
    6,716 comments
    Baltimore, MD

122   10:07am Mon 24 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

elliemae says

It's better to have the "final" assembly in the US, even though the parts are foreign-made?

Usually yes, since the parts often follow. But that wouldbe handled in future legislation. Once all the auto final assemly points are in the US, then you legislate that the engine, transmissions, tires, etc. are also made in USA.

34. David Losh

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    1,546 comments
    Seattle, WA
    David Losh's website

123   3:30pm Mon 24 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

zzyzzx says

I thought that this country was about self reliance and freedom.

This country was built on a land grap. This was the most pristine area of natural resources that was literally given away with government approval. Consider oil a big part of that.

35. Nobody

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    282 comments
    San Jose, CA

124   12:56pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

More bitching Boner does and stop passing the bill, Republicans can shift the blame to Obama.

36. beershrine

Follow
    Befriend
    43 comments

125   1:16pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Everyone's reaction to this is hilarious. Politics is all about diseption and we've been had. If I were Boehner and boys I'd head out on vacation right when Obama's plane touches down in washington.

37. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    779 threads
    10,488 comments

126   1:46pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

beershrine says

Everyone's reaction to this is hilarious.

Oh I've seen this movie. Spoiler alert.
    The middle class gets higher taxes. Didn't you guys watch this movie in 1993 when Clinton was President and they going to shut down the government? It came all the way down to the wire, and it turned out to be the biggest tax hike in history. One that was huge, the Liberals were quick to wash their hands of it, when Bush broke a piece of it off, and called it the Bush tax breaks. Come on it was on all of the cable news stations, it aired in 24/7 rotation, playing out like a vaudeville matinee.

38. msilenus

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    8 threads
    345 comments

127   2:18pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

"Boehner and boys" never came back from vacation. Members of the House were told they could expect 48 hours' notice before any votes would be called. No notice has been given, and most of the House is home for the holidays.

39. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    366 threads
    19,370 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

128   2:59pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

Oh I've seen this movie. Spoiler alert.
    The middle class gets higher taxes. Didn't you guys watch this movie in 1993 when Clinton was President and they going to shut down the government? It came all the way down to the wire, and it turned out to be the biggest tax hike in history. One that was huge, the Liberals were quick to wash their hands of it, when Bush broke a piece of it off, and called it the Bush tax breaks. Come on it was on all of the cable news stations, it aired in 24/7 rotation, playing out like a vaudeville matinee.

Like all typical Republicans, you have unlimited criticism for Democrats and unlimited benefit of the doubt for the clown show that represents you.

Your brain damaged cult is going to prevent paying for their own legislation, and you want to talk about Clinton?

40. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    367 threads
    10,133 comments

129   3:07pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

A real Republican speaker of the house would just tell Patrice Lamumba of Pennsylvania Avenue to surrender to ICE and drive the country straight over the cliff to ZZZ bond ratings and cannibal anarchy.

« First     « Previous comments    

Premium member iwog is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 252 milliseconds to create.