« previous   misc   next »

Raising Medicare age is a virtual death sentence

By tovarichpeter   Follow   Thu, 20 Dec 2012, 8:07am PST   490 views   5 comments   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/20/senator-merkley-medicare-age_n_2340592.html

Comments 1-5 of 5     Last »

Peter P   befriend   ignore   Thu, 20 Dec 2012, 8:12am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 1

We can do it gradually, like raising it one year every year.

We need to get rid of medicare and replace it with a universal system for all.

elliemae   befriend   ignore   Thu, 20 Dec 2012, 2:18pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

Peter P says

We need to get rid of medicare and replace it with a universal system for all.

Or we can make Medicare universal. It does need some changes, because providers are fucking wealthy - they're rewarded for denying benefits.

Peter P   befriend   ignore   Thu, 20 Dec 2012, 2:20pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

I think a system like the NHS makes more sense because a private-public system will have much conflict of interests.

HEY YOU   befriend   ignore   Thu, 20 Dec 2012, 4:17pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 4

There elliemae & Peter P go trying to make sense out of health care. (sarcasm)

elliemae   befriend   ignore   Thu, 20 Dec 2012, 11:23pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 5

HEY YOU says

There elliemae & Peter P go trying to make sense out of health care. (sarcasm)

Hey - I wrote a book that's over 250 pages long, trying to make sense out of a little corner of healthcare... do you really think I could accomplish this in six words? Hell, no.

Especially since I'm a woman - I don't say anything in six words that I could say in six days. (that's a gift for you men out there, you're welcome).

Email (Required, will not be visible)

Username (Just pick a name if you're new)

Watch comments by email

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net