New Jersey Town Plans to Place Armed Guards in Schools

By Call it Crazy   Follow   Sun, 23 Dec 2012, 6:27pm   2,494 views   45 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Well look.. a town in a heavy "blue" state plans on putting armed security in schools.
The mayor of Marlboro Township in New Jersey said Friday there would be armed security guards at the district's nine schools starting in January

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/marlboro-new-jersey-armed-guards-schools-newtown-nra-reaction-184514471.html

On the same day the National Rifle Association spoke publicly for the first time since last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, one local school district announced plans to place armed police officers in every school.

The mayor of Marlboro Township in New Jersey said Friday there would be armed security guards at the district's nine schools starting in January.

"This is not such a major change-- we're not putting in SWAT teams," said Mayor Jon Hornik.

"Just like what happened on 9/11-- air travel changed," he said. "In my opinion last Friday, school security changed, and you can sit by and hope that it doesn't happen at your school or you can take action."

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 6-45 of 45     Last »     See most liked comments

1. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

6   1:01pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

CaptainShuddup says

LOL gotta love Liberal sites, Ron Paul basically called Liberals morons, while admitting that the NRA's idea is crazy. Ron Paul believes there's nothing we can or should do.

lmfao , yeah right. Watch.

It's what I thought. You and your kind want no change, nothing.

2. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    929 threads
    11,820 comments

7   1:07pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (3)  

121212 says

In a letter posted on his website, Paul admonished both sides of the aisle for being too quick to ask for legislation to prevent gun violence in schools.

You mean impulsive, emotional, knee-jerk, immediate legislation won't work. .

121212 says

“But this impulse ignores the self evident truth that criminals don’t obey laws.”

Criminals don't obey laws, like the Webster Firefighter shooter??

121212 says

“While I certainly agree that more guns equals less crime and that private gun ownership prevents many shootings,

Why would he agree with FBI facts and data??

121212 says

He then took a swing at conservatives — and the NRA — for falling into the same trap of asking for more legislation in the form of school guards.

Yep, trying to appeal to the "emotions" and not logic.

121212 says

“Government role is to protect liberty, not to pursue unobtainable safety,” he wrote.

Why is that, because you can't legislate mentally deranged people??

3. woppa

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    4 threads
    196 comments
    Bronx, NY

8   1:08pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

And your kind wants to limit the freedoms of Americans and still change NOTHING. MORON. Ron Paul is possibly the only person in all of our government with his head on straight.

4. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

9   1:08pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

woppa says

Ron Paul is possibly the only person in all of our government with his head on straight.

OMFG LMFAO!!!

You made my day.

LOL.

5. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

10   1:09pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Call it Crazy says

Your right, who needs laws! Fool.

6. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    929 threads
    11,820 comments

11   1:11pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

121212 says

Call it Crazy says

Apparently, not criminals and past convicted felons....

7. woppa

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    4 threads
    196 comments
    Bronx, NY

12   1:11pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

It just goes to show how deep your misunderstanding of anything and everything relevant in our capitalist polyarchy society. You are severely misinformed of the truth. I pity you.

It is remarkable that Ron Paul gets elected when he flies in the face of everything that is our shithole society.

8. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

13   1:11pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Call it Crazy says

121212 says

“Government role is to protect liberty, not to pursue unobtainable safety,” he wrote.

Why is that, because you can't legislate mentally deranged people??

We could start with you? because your answers are always, do nothing! That's nuts.

9. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

14   1:12pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

woppa says

It is remarkable that Ron Paul gets elected when he flies in the face of everything that is our shithole society.

"YOUR SHITHOLE SOCIETY PERHAPS" ,not mine.

You see we know it can be better, better without obstructionist Tea Party lunatics in the House.

10. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

15   1:14pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

woppa says

ou are severely misinformed of the truth. I pity you.

I pity you too. To bury your head and say "nothing can be done about the current paradigm", shows an unwillingness to change and grow.

That's not this country.

11. woppa

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    4 threads
    196 comments
    Bronx, NY

16   1:14pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Your happy with the stays quo? Obviously we are dealing with someone who isn't playing with a full deck. I am not a tea party douchebag either. Far from it.

12. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

17   1:17pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

You cannot read !

Read it again.

13. woppa

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    4 threads
    196 comments
    Bronx, NY

18   1:17pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

Lmao you are clueless. I want more change then you could imagine. What isn't going to change is the fact that there are humans who are pieces of shit who are going to do insane things to their fellow man. This isn't the first time a firefighter was killed by a gun when responding to a fire/emergency. It won't be the last. Maybe if guns never existed then it would not happen again. How could you not see that obvious truth is bewildering.

14. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

19   1:17pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

woppa says

I am not a tea party douchebag either. Far from it.

Really! How would I know. You sound just like one.

15. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

20   1:18pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

woppa says

It won't be the last. Maybe if guns never existed then it would not happen again. How could you not see that obvious truth is bewildering.

Eh! Are you being facetious?

16. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

21   1:19pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie also said he didn’t support the plan.

“I am not someone who believes that having multiple armed guards in every school is something that will enhance the learning environment,” Gov. Chris Christie said last week. “You don’t want to make this an armed camp for kids.”

17. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    929 threads
    11,820 comments

22   1:21pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

bob2356 says

Call it Crazy says

Camden head of school security says armed police at every school would be 'significant help'

A thermonuclear explosion directly in the center would be a "significant help" for Camden.

Sadly, you're right.... even the cops don't want to enter the city anymore..

18. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    431 threads
    12,684 comments

23   1:22pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike (1)  

America needs lunchbox-friendly Gatling guns.

19. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

24   1:22pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

woppa says

I want more change then you could imagine. What isn't going to change is the fact that there are humans who are pieces of shit who are going to do insane things to their fellow man.

What do you suggest?

20. woppa

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    4 threads
    196 comments
    Bronx, NY

25   1:34pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

121212 says

woppa says

It won't be the last. Maybe if guns never existed then it would not happen again. How could you not see that obvious truth is bewildering.

Eh! Are you being facetious?

It's a shame that your fear has not only allowed you to accept totalitarianism from our government, but you demand it! And they want nothing more than to oblige your foolishness. Do you think I'm being facetious?

21. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

26   1:43pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

woppa says

accept totalitarianism from our government,

Nope.

I want safety over security. Love over hate.

Are you not capable of answering a question. What radical solutions do you propose? None is not an answer.

22. woppa

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    4 threads
    196 comments
    Bronx, NY

27   1:56pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Your question is ridiculous. Your asking how to stop flawed human beings from being flawed human beings. Like I said...not playing with a full deck of cards. Control me government, please.

23. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

28   2:05pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

woppa says

Your question is ridiculous. Your asking how to stop flawed human beings from being flawed human beings.

No, you know very well I am talking about Gun Control. You continue to evade the question and offer no serious dialogue.

24. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

29   2:07pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

woppa says

Control me government, please.

Infact if your listening we are saying "NO". No to armed guards at malls, cinemas, kindergarten, elementary schools. No to armed government intrusion. No to all .

So are you ready to talk gun control? Or a you still deflecting.

25. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    431 threads
    12,684 comments

30   2:08pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (5)   Dislike  

Armed guards? Given that an assailant could burst through any school door at any moment rockin' and rollin' on full auto, you need a responder that brings the ultrabadness to the party.

26. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

31   2:17pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

Call it Crazy says

121212 says

Call it Crazy says

Apparently, not criminals and past convicted felons....

Again you being foolish. Your premise of not having laws thus we have no criminals is a joke.

Without the rule of law you have no civilization.

27. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,004 threads
    12,489 comments

32   2:27pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

121212 says

OMFG LMFAO!!!

You made my day.

LOL.

I should hope SO, you're the A-Hole spamming his decree out of context in every thread on this forum.

28. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

33   2:29pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

CaptainShuddup says

should hope SO, you're the A-Hole spamming his decree out of context in every thread on this forum.

Nope, I'm not out of context and who asked you!

Your trolling is out of context.

Your comment has nothing to do with gun control.
    I expect you to continue trolling this thread.

However you are useless miserable old Troll.

It's what most on this forum have come to expect from such a guttersnipe.

29. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,004 threads
    12,489 comments

34   2:54pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

TROLL, and you're the guy playing hide the weenie from thread to thread.

30. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

35   3:05pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

CaptainShuddup TROLL

31. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    862 threads
    7,323 comments
    Baltimore, MD

36   3:49pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

121212 says

CaptainShuddup TROLL

32. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

37   3:54pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

zzyzzx TROLL!

33. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,004 threads
    12,489 comments

38   4:48pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

34. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,004 threads
    12,489 comments

39   4:49pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

35. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    171 threads
    5,576 comments

40   9:00am Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

It's a temporary patch, but i think it's a right step.

Until our nation changes into one that takes care of mentally ill and finds a way to improve it's moral values that is the best we can do.

More needs to be done, but who knows what politicians will actually will do. Left is talking about a gun ban, which would be stupid and a step in a wrong direction.

36. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,004 threads
    12,489 comments

41   9:50am Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

FortWayne says

Until our nation changes into one that takes care of mentally ill

You mean the return of the lobotomy?
    Where 15 year old girls get lobotomies after their first PMS rage.
    Or they could shove prozac, lunestra, or some other anti depressant that makes many of the people taking it ten times more psychotic than before.
    FortWayne says

and finds a way to improve it's moral values that is the best we can do.

That is the only way, I really hope we achieve this the easy way, as a Nation adopt improved moral values on our own, by having a greater awareness and being in tuned to others and being considerate of our actions. The hard way wont be fun.

37. thunderlips11

Follow
    Befriend (13)
    263 threads
    5,196 comments

42   11:13am Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Good, about time.

We have armed guards at banks, and armed guards in Brinks Trucks.

If guns guard the money, why not the kids?

In fact, we need to start holding institutions accountable when there is a killing because there were no armed guards.

Remember the Smithsonian Anti-Semitic nut? Stopped by armed security. The only reason that wasn't a mass killing was because the Nut was killed before he killed more people.

38. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

43   11:14am Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

thunderlips11 says

If guns guard the money, why not the kids?

Kids are not inanimate objects, they having feelings, you want them to go to school in fear?

You want them to grow up and be even more damaged that the current crop of flawed Americans.

Why should the entire country live in fear! Is it so long as you can sell assault rifles and 100 round drums for profit!

You must be another right winder facist who wants government to take over all your lives.

What a crazy fool you are to make such a pathetic suggestion.

39. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    171 threads
    5,576 comments

44   11:53am Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

121212 says

Kids are not inanimate objects, they having feelings, you want them to go to school in fear?

We always had 2 cops in school that only made us feel safer, the only fear we had was that some delinquent kids might flip out one day and do something really bad.

40. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,004 threads
    12,489 comments

45   12:06pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

121212 says

Oh you're one of THOSE...
    People that expect to be treated as Victims because they are intimidated by the Police. It's the police fault they didn't vote, or go to school eh?

FWIW, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this already. But we already have School Police officers at schools here in Florida. They are the guys that drive the DARE cars/trucks.

« First     « Previous comments    

Call it Crazy is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 152 milliseconds to create.