« previous   misc   next »

Storms jump start Sierra snow-generated water

By tvgnus   Follow   Mon, 24 Dec 2012, 1:17am PST   908 views   9 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=22551

Snowpack at 140 percent of average •  Storms have dumped 90 inches of new snow in mountains Californias water supply for 2013 is off to a strong start thanks to early winter storms that have dumped as much as 90 inches of sow in the Sierra Nevada.

Comments 1-9 of 9     Last »

Patrick   Mon, 24 Dec 2012, 1:47am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

The rain here on the SF peninsula was almost biblical yesterday.

New Renter   Mon, 24 Dec 2012, 7:38am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

Patrick says

It was awesome!

(At least by California standards.)

jvolstad   Mon, 24 Dec 2012, 7:49am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 3

Patrick says

God is mad at the Bay Area? Maybe I'm leaving just in time. :-/

New Renter   Mon, 24 Dec 2012, 1:49pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 4

jvolstad says

Patrick says

I think you misunderstand - we LIKE rain here in CA!

At least I do.

New Renter   Mon, 24 Dec 2012, 2:40pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

jvolstad says

Patrick says

If God was truly mad at the SFBA there are several major earthquake faults primed and ready to deliver anger of biblical proportions. There's also the tsunami friendly ocean and plenty of eucalyptus and gum trees ready to become a firestorm (Think Oakland Hills 1991) There are plenty of other options for the vengeful deity. Rain is something we can use.

Thanks God!

Peter P   Mon, 24 Dec 2012, 2:50pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

Blame climate change! But if it is nice and warm then it is definitely global warming. ;-)

swebb   Tue, 25 Dec 2012, 9:19am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 7

@Peter P

Do you really have 17k comments? Holy shit! Do you have a job?

CaptainShuddup   Fri, 28 Dec 2012, 2:44am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

tvgnus says

Snowpack at 140 percent of average •  Storms have dumped 90 inches of new snow in mountains Californias water supply for 2013 is off to a strong start thanks to early winter storms that have dumped as much as 90 inches of sow in the Sierra Nevada.

God is Snow grafting. He takes a little bit from Antarctica and puts in the Sierra.

New Renter   Sun, 30 Dec 2012, 3:34pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

CaptainShuddup says

tvgnus says

God is Snow grafting. He takes a little bit from Antarctica and puts in the Sierra.

If so please bring more!

tvgnus is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email

home   top   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net