Scottish Justice Secretary rails against Knife Culture and Knife Crime

By thunderlips11   Follow   Mon, 24 Dec 2012, 12:12pm   420 views   3 comments
In Menlo Park CA 94025   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

He added: "Today's figures also show that the vast majority of killings involving knives are carried out indoors by perpetrators under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and not on our streets.

HOMICIDE STATISTICS

79% of killers were under the influence of alcohol or drugs
88% knew their victim
64% of killings happened in houses
63% of victims were killed with a sharp instrument
79% of victims were men

"Let me be crystal clear - tackling knife crime is an absolute priority for this government and Scotland's prosecutors and courts have my backing in using the full force of the law to punish anyone who carries or uses a knife.

"Tough enforcement backed by education is key to tackling knife crime.

"Ending Scotland's knife culture is not going to be an easy task - every incident or life lost, as these tragic cases show, is one too many. However, we are working hard to tackle the problem across the country and there will be absolutely no let up in our efforts."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-16175439

Knife Crime? Gun Crime? Gun Culture? Knife Culture? Blame the instrument!

You don't NEED a knife. Have the butcher cut your haggis or cod into small pieces.

It seems to me that alcohol and drugs seems to be the main factor. Just like mental illness and mass killings seem to be related.

Viewing Comments 1-3 of 3     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Patrick

Follow
    Befriend (55)
    5,652 threads
    6,326 comments
    male
    Menlo Park, CA
    Premium

1   12:35pm Mon 24 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

thunderlips11 says

Just like mental illness and mass killings seem to be related.

An ever stronger relationship: every single mass killer is male.

Not to be a traitor to my gender, but there definitely seems to be a correlation between testosterone and murder.

One answer is to require every adult female to carry a loaded gun at all times, with no males being allowed to carry guns ever.

2. Peter P

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    117 threads
    17,989 comments

2   9:44pm Tue 1 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Patrick says

Not to be a traitor to my gender, but there definitely seems to be a correlation between testosterone and murder.

Many people are just animals. They have not evolved. A civilized male will not do such a thing.

3. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    425 threads
    2,767 comments

3   10:07pm Tue 1 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Patrick says

An ever stronger relationship: every single mass killer is male.

Not to be a traitor to my gender, but there definitely seems to be a
    correlation between testosterone and murder.

One answer is to require every adult female to carry a loaded gun at all
    times, with no males being allowed to carry guns ever.

Not necessarily true. Until recently, when tribal systems prevailed, men and nations were constantly at war, where killing each other was normal. You had to get past the men to get to the women and children. Now it is different.

Here is a list of women serial killers/mass murderers
    http://www.criminaljusticeusa.com/blog/2011/10-infamous-female-serial-killers/

It is also believed that in our country, that mothers kill kids under 5 more often than fathers.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42634832/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Then of course there is this 41 year old Russian mother of two who went around and killed 17 pensioners by breaking into their houses and bashing their skulls in with a hammer or axe. Her excuse-her husband Yuri didn't give her money to buy vodka.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154900/Russias-worst-woman-serial-killer-dubbed-Satan-Skirt-murdering-17-pensioners-year-reign-terror.html

Premium member thunderlips11 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 32 milliseconds to create.