How the mighty have fallen-Chinese agency cuts US credit rating

By lostand confused   Follow   Wed, 26 Dec 2012, 5:28am   447 views   8 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

http://www.businessinsider.com/merry-christmas-chinese-credit-ratings-agency-dagong-puts-the-us-on-negative-watch-2012-12

Dagong Global Credit Rating Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Dagong”) releases a credit rating report on December 25th, 2012, putting the United States of America (hereinafter referred to as “U.S.”) on Negative Watch List. Dagong downgraded the local and foreign currency sovereign credit ratings of the U.S. from A+ to A, and each with a negative outlook on August 2, 2011. According to the changes in the situation during the surveillance period, Dagong has decided to put the sovereign credit ratings of the U.S. on Negative Watch List. The main reasons are as follows: 1. The political conflict and...

Viewing Comments 1-8 of 8     Last »     See most liked comments

1. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    408 threads
    11,643 comments

1   5:51am Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (6)   Dislike (1)  

Is there a rating agency for fucking slavery? Buying or trading with China is a crime against humanity.

2. errc

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    49 threads
    2,478 comments
    32 male

2   7:00am Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

APOCALYPSEFUCK is Shostakovich says

Is there a rating agency for fucking slavery? Buying or trading with China is a crime against humanity.

Yes, china is rated A+

And I for one, as an american,, want to take a moments break from driving around in my foriegn car using middle eastern oil, to fingerwave at the boogeyman for all our problems. Sure as shit ain't my fault, dog!

3. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    512 threads
    3,087 comments

3   8:17am Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I just find it funny that China which rose, because of outsourcing from the US and Europe is now marking down its biggest customer.

I think the old Chinese curse,"May you live in interesting times," may hold water here.

4. uomo_senza_nome

Follow
    Befriend (13)
    787 threads
    1,542 comments

4   9:37am Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

I think "do not watch what they say, but watch what they do" will be very applicable here.

The Chinese have accumulated more than $3 trillion in US treasuries. So their accumulation is directly related to the fiscal profligacy of the United States. Without a saver saving the debt, how can the debtor keep issuing the debt? They can't sell too quickly as that will destroy their portfolio.

I also think most of the Chinese wealthy save in foreign currencies such as the dollar and the euro, as the renminbi is a weak currency and inflation in china is rampant.

So sure Dagong can downgrade US debt, but that's basically noise.

5. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    909 threads
    11,657 comments

5   10:52am Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Well it's a start.

6. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    408 threads
    11,643 comments

6   10:56am Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

It's likely prelude to the invasion, conquest and rape of California.

The PLA will announce that white dog Americans are unreliable devils destroying their currency to avoid paying the Han their due, leaving them only one choice: seizure of in-kind assets to repay the debt.

We'll wake up one morning with mushroom clouds over SF and LA and the hammer and sickle flying over Sacramento.

7. 121212

Follow
    Befriend
    83 threads
    687 comments
    male

7   11:23am Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

The Chinese will be shown to have manipulated it's own currency and stock markets in the future.

Major accounting flaws, lies and bribery have corrupted the entire capital system in China.

Invest in China at your peril, they lie about the real values of their quoted businesses.

8. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    408 threads
    11,643 comments

8   1:54pm Wed 26 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

A friend barely got out with his investment back after 2 years. Everyone was lying to him. Subcontractors, people he hired, his customers, to an extent he knew it would be impossible to scale the business to any degree.

Veracity in commerce, t'ain't an option, McGee!

lostand confused is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 68 milliseconds to create.