« previous   misc   next »

Is there a way to fix nested quotes?

By Homeboy   Follow   Wed, 26 Dec 2012, 6:00am PST   704 views   4 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Patrick - sometimes I like to include my original comment when I respond to someone else's comment, so that there is some context for what they wrote. But if I select all the text and hit the "quote" button, it formats it all in the same box, as if it had all been written by the same person. In most other internet forums, it would automatically attribute each quote to the person who wrote it. That doesn't seem to work here.

Comments 1-4 of 4     Last »

Patrick   Wed, 26 Dec 2012, 6:30am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

True, that is a bug.

OK, I'll work on it tonight and see if I can fix it.

If anyone else is fluent in Javascript and wants to take a crack at fixing it, just "view source" of any page with comments and you'll see that code. Search for "function addquote".

Patrick   Thu, 27 Dec 2012, 9:03am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

I think I've fixed it. Please let me know if not.

Javascript is a bitch.

Homeboy   Sat, 29 Dec 2012, 3:41pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

Patrick says

Javascript is a bitch.

Let's see.

Homeboy   Sat, 29 Dec 2012, 3:41pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 4

Homeboy says

Patrick says

Javascript is a bitch.

Let's see.

Seems to work now. Thanks.

Homeboy is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net