Brazil Travel Buddy. What to do. Where to go. What to see. (Advertisement)

50% home price collapse coming

By HousingBoom   Follow   Thu, 27 Dec 2012, 2:04pm   650 views   10 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

The mission of the Financial Policy Council Inc. (FPC), a research think tank and educational institution, is to formulate and promote sound public policy based on the principles of free enterprise and wealth creation as envisioned by the ideals of the American Founding Fathers.

Viewing Comments 1-10 of 10     Last »     See most liked comments

1. edvard2

Follow
    Befriend
    45 threads
    3,327 comments

1   2:04pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

ok. please let us know when it does...

2. Buster

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    24 threads
    368 comments

2   4:21pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Guess I will finally be able to buy my dream house in Detroit for 5k instead of the outrageous sum of 10K of today.

3. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

3   4:59pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

If you're betting on a 50% decline in price, you're going to have a bad time.

There is literally nothing supporting such a ridiculous prediction.

4. noodlesphilly

Follow
    Befriend
    6 comments
    Windermere, FL

4   5:01pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I KNOW IMHO WHEN THE RATES RISE HOUSING WILL BE IN TROUBLE .

5. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    29 threads
    5,074 comments
    San Jose, CA

5   5:06pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Buster says

Guess I will finally be able to buy my dream house in Detroit for 5k instead of the outrageous sum of 10K of today.

$10k? That is outrageous!

6. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

6   5:09pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

I actually watched this video and couldn't help but laugh. The guy is basically talking about just HOW BAD THINGS WERE IN 2006

I mean...no shit, man! Way to observe that people overleveraged like a motherfucker during that period.

Apparently this dude just got hammered in 2008 and completely forgot the crash that already happened.

7. Mark D

Follow
    Befriend
    235 threads
    853 comments
    Simi Valley, CA

7   5:32pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

when a meteor hits housing will also be in big trouble as well.

8. HousingBoom

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    48 threads
    172 comments

8   7:26pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Is this Keith Jurow a looney or are these #'s real? If they are real, then homeowners should be worried.

Fabian for Liberty on YouTube also said "we haven't even scratched the surface on a housing bottom".

9. fedwatcher

Follow
    Befriend
    231 comments
    Valencia, CA

9   7:57pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

There are areas where we could see a drop of 50% drop in Housing Prices. That said, Phoenix is not one. Las Vegas is not one. Where you see 1,000 square foot condos selling for $500,000 is where prices could still drop by 50%. Where you see the cost of taxes, maintenance, and insurance sharply rising are candidates.

Real Estate is local and rentals are always an alternative. In today's job environment, more people will choose to rent so that they can be where the jobs are.

Then there are the boomers who as they retire look to lower their housing costs as they cannot afford to live in their present home.

10. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

10   8:02pm Thu 27 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

HousingBoom says

Is this Keith Jurow a looney or are these #'s real? If they are real, then homeowners should be worried.

Fabian for Liberty on YouTube also said "we haven't even scratched the surface on a housing bottom".

Yes, this guy is a looney.

If you truly believe in a 50% drop in housing values, invest in gold and firearms because the only way that's happening is total financial armageddon.

A 50% drop takes us to a median of about $90k, which would be late 80s / early 90s without adjusting for inflation (adjusted for inflation, median prices should be around $175k; roughly where they are at present.

Housing at present is right where it should be. But, by all means, if you're going to be an eternal housing bear then you should absolutely go ahead and bet against it.

HousingBoom is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 102 milliseconds to create.