« previous   misc   next »

Why can't you instantly turn off your iPod?

By Patrick   Follow   Thu, 27 Dec 2012, 9:11am PST   387 views   6 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Why does Apple make you hold down a button for 3 seconds to turn off your iPod?

Why not provide a big OFF button that instantly turns it off?

Very annoying. It would be a great service to the world if someone were to create an easily-installed software patch for iPods that fixes that.

Comments 1-6 of 6     Last »

121212   Thu, 27 Dec 2012, 9:25am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

You still own an iPod!

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   Thu, 27 Dec 2012, 9:33am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike     Comment 2

Whip out your AK and cut it in half with a fusillade of bullets for added badness.

zzyzzx   Thu, 27 Dec 2012, 9:35am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

It's not just the ipod that you can't turn off instantly anymore!

I understand when it comes to my PC or DVR, since they have hard drives, but anything else, not so much.

zzyzzx   Thu, 27 Dec 2012, 9:42am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 4

APOCALYPSEFUCK is Shostakovich says

Whip out your AK and cut it in half with a fusillade of bullets for added badness.

One of the things I hate about laptops is that sometimes you have to pull the battery to really turn it off.

Patrick   Fri, 28 Dec 2012, 1:37am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

Yes, it's like these devices all have emotional issues and cannot bear to part from you lest you leave them for some other device.

Or maybe they reflect the emotional issues of their designers.

I just had that exact same experience you describe with a laptop. I had to pull out the battery to really get it to turn off.

It would be a great marketing advantage for some PC, phone, or music player to advertise "OFF button that really turns this fucker off, instantly!"

Call it Crazy   Fri, 28 Dec 2012, 1:39am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 6

Patrick says

Or maybe they reflect the emotional issues of their designers.

Or their owners...

Patrick is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email

home   top   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net