Did any Patnet'rs go out and buy an AR15/AK47 because of the possible ban?

By Scagnetti   Follow   Sun, 30 Dec 2012, 1:39pm   1,687 views   28 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

Just curious if anyone went out to buy any type of modern sporting rifles (AR15, AK47, M14, etc.) for fear of any future firearms restrictions or ban? I bought another AR15 the day after the Sandy Hook shooting (pre-panic price), and from what they are selling for on gunbroker.com, I could more than double my money! I wish I would have picked up some more 30 round magazines and possibly some more ammo though. Prices out there are crazy so I'll have to wait! Check it out! What do you haters think of my purchase?

Viewing Comments 1-28 of 28     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

1   1:40pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

2. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    6,493 comments
    San Jose, CA

2   3:42pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

I'm still waiting for the TR-116:

That micro-transporter is hella cool!

EDIT: Those that hit the dislike button - you DO realize this is a fictional weapon don't you?

http://www.phasers.net/2370/tr-116.htm

3. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

3   3:56pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

New Renter says

I'm still waiting for the TR-116:

That micro-transporter is hella cool!

You're right, that is cool! You know what else is cool.....I also bought this concealed/disguised knife. Looks like a normal spoon huh?

Nope...it's a 2.5" serrated blade tactical knife! Boo ya!

4. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    53 threads
    2,378 comments
    Premium

4   5:43pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)   Protected  

No semiautomatic assault rifles for me. The sound of one firing attracts other zombies.

I did however purchase a couple of crossbows and lots of arrows. Whisper quiet and you can retrieve the arrows for another kill if you run out!

5. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

5   6:20pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Every retailer sold out of the AR-15 from the Pacific to the Atlantic down to the Gulf Coast.

6. Peter P

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    125 threads
    19,266 comments
    Premium

6   6:32pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike   Protected  

No love for FN FS2000?

7. xenogear3

Follow
    Befriend
    11 threads
    438 comments

7   6:46pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Rocket Launcher price sky rocket.

8. HEY YOU

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    868 threads
    2,186 comments

8   7:09pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Gun sales, a bubble?

9. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

9   7:18pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

HEY YOU says

Gun sales, a bubble?

I think so...For those that are sitting on some nice modern rifles, you may want to sell off some excess. People are making a killing on them! It's not just rifles either, but magazines and ammunition!

10. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

10   7:22pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

thomaswong.1986 says

Every retailer sold out of the AR-15 from the Pacific to the Atlantic down to the Gulf Coast.

Pretty much...here is before...

and after...

11. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    866 threads
    10,984 comments

11   8:23pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

Scagnetti says

Just curious if anyone went out to buy any type of modern sporting rifles (AR15, AK47, M14, etc.) for fear of any future firearms restrictions or ban?

There's no space left on the sofa...

12. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,052 threads
    13,226 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

12   8:50pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

I prefer my forced modulated laser pistol.

Granted, it does look like a dildo, but it will incinerate up to 12,000 feet.

13. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    515 threads
    3,088 comments

13   8:51pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (3)  

14. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

14   9:10pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Dan8267 says

What does it incinerate? People's buttholes?

15. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    166 threads
    5,476 comments

15   9:16pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

I did, purchased 1 and one load receiver.

16. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

16   9:28pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

FortWayne says

Isn't it ironic that the more the government pushes to restrict these types of items, the more demand there is for them. I bet people stocked up on whiskey too right before prohibition.

17. turtledove

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    42 threads
    727 comments

17   9:58pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Scagnetti says

Dan8267 says

I had a very similar thought. I think it looks like the ultrasound's dildo-cam at the OBGYN's office.

18. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    6,493 comments
    San Jose, CA

18   11:13pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

turtledove says

Scagnetti says

Dan8267 says

I had a very similar thought. I think it looks like the ultrasound's dildo-cam at the OBGYN's office.

Transvaginal ultrasound anyone?

19. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    6,493 comments
    San Jose, CA

19   11:19pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Scagnetti says

FortWayne says

Isn't it ironic that the more the government pushes to restrict these types of items, the more demand there is for them. I bet people stocked up on whiskey too right before prohibition.

Damn, the guv'mint is smart! Now the Army and National Guard can sell off their armories. The profit will easily fund medicare, Social Security AND enable tax cuts for the 0.001%

20. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    6,493 comments
    San Jose, CA

20   11:20pm Sun 30 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

The Professor says

No semiautomatic assault rifles for me. The sound of one firing attracts other zombies.

I did however purchase a couple of crossbows and lots of arrows. Whisper quiet and you can retrieve the arrows for another kill if you run out!

Get one of these babies and you'll WANT the sound to attract more zombies!

21. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,052 threads
    13,226 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

21   7:58am Mon 31 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (1)  

Scagnetti says

FortWayne says

Just like weed.

22. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    166 threads
    5,476 comments

22   8:07am Mon 31 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

Dan8267 says

Scagnetti says

FortWayne says

Just like weed.

They prohibited alcohol and created huge mafia they couldn't defeat until alcohol was legalized again.

They prohibited drugs and created huge drug cartels that are impossible to stop unless drugs are legalized again.

Now they are shooting for weapons, I really think our government is either completely sinister and is in on this with the cartels or just plain idiotic.

23. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    53 threads
    2,378 comments
    Premium

23   8:21am Mon 31 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)   Protected  

FortWayne says

I really think our government is either completely sinister and is in on this with the cartels or just plain idiotic.

Maybe they are sinister idiots colluding with the cartels?

24. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    866 threads
    10,984 comments

24   8:26am Mon 31 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

FortWayne says

Now they are shooting for weapons, I really think our government is either completely sinister and is in on this with the cartels or just plain idiotic.

I just posted these comments on the other thread, but since you just mentioned this about the government, I'll re-post my comment below:

How about some "out of the box" thinking??? The politicians have been broadcasting for weeks that they plan on coming after the guns. If they truly wanted to do this, wouldn't they pass some behind the scenes legislation quietly to advance their agenda?

Instead, they have been very "vocal", which has resulted in massive purchasing of firearms and ammo?

If they are so "concerned" about firearms in the hands of the citizens, they certainly have added a whole lot more in the last few weeks with all their statements.

Why?? Is this actually what they wanted to happen?

Are they trying to deplete all existing inventory?

Are they trying to increase sales and tax revenues?

Are they trying to make it easier to grab the guns in the future from the peasants?

Are they just totally incompetent and engage mouth before engaging brain and didn't realize it would lead to this volume of recent purchases?

Since the politicians can't seem to do the right thing with our laws and economy, do they want the armed citizens to "force" them to do the right thing?

What else could it be??

25. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    166 threads
    5,476 comments

25   8:36am Mon 31 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

They can't pass such a legislation quietly without someone making a stink about it. Republicans won't go along with writing off 2nd amendment.

This is just the LEFT making all this noise about trying to ban guns, because they can't accept the social failures of our society. It's much easier to scapegoat and to blame someone... in this case the gun owners.

Hurting people who bear no blame... that's what the LEFT is good at, ban something, hurt someone in the process, feel good, accomplish nothing, and move on.

26. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    166 threads
    5,476 comments

26   8:37am Mon 31 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

The Professor says

FortWayne says

I really think our government is either completely sinister and is in on this with the cartels or just plain idiotic.

Maybe they are sinister idiots colluding with the cartels?

After Fast & Furious I'm not sure if it's too far fetched... they flat out armed these cartels.

27. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    866 threads
    10,984 comments

27   12:38pm Mon 31 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Call it Crazy says

Why?? Is this actually what they wanted to happen?

Are they trying to deplete all existing inventory?

Just saw this posting on another forum, hmmmm:

....."A friend of mine in town is a small gun dealer. He was cleaned out by this big rush. I asked if that was a good thing and he said no.

"My suppliers can't get me any more," he said. "All on backorder. I might as well close my doors for the next 8 months. Can't be a gun store without guns to sell."

So, how many of the firearm sales the past few weeks went to existing gun owners versus NEW gun owners? Was the existing inventory "forced" into the hands of existing owners or are there a lot more new "operators"?

Without inventory, it keeps new players from entering the game, doesn't it??

28. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    166 threads
    5,476 comments

28   12:48pm Mon 31 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

I don't know, would be an interesting statistic to see. I'm an existing gun owner, but I saw several folks at the local gun shop taking permit test... might just be everyone shopping.

Scagnetti is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 264 milliseconds to create.