« previous   housing   next »

Is the threat of shadow inventory truly manageable?

By golfplan18   Follow   Wed, 2 Jan 2013, 11:37pm PST   996 views   5 comments   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

http://ochousingnews.com/news/is-the-threat-of-shadow-inventory-truly-manageable?source=Patrick.net

With housing markets, the elephant in the room is shadow inventory. Much has been written about the subject over the last several years. It’s been portrayed as an apparition among the housing bulls, as if the millions of delinquent mortgages simply don’t exist. Most bulls comfort themselves with fanciful notions of loan modification programs succeeding and some simply denying there is a problem at all. Well, there is a problem. Lenders underwrote trillions of dollars worth of mortgages to people who couldn’t or wouldn’t pay them back. Contrary to the popular myth in the mainstream media, it isn’t a problem...

Comments 1-5 of 5     Last »

Kevin   befriend   ignore   Thu, 3 Jan 2013, 1:28am PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 1

I believe the shadow inventory is in mordor.

dunnross   befriend   ignore   Thu, 3 Jan 2013, 3:27am PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 2

It's quite simple. This market is manipulated, and markets cannot be manipulated for too long. This simple fact has been proven over and over again. Those who deny it, will live to see the day when they are completely wiped out, financially.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Thu, 3 Jan 2013, 3:45am PST   Share   Quote   Like (4)   Dislike     Comment 3

I have worked with banks - they are incredibly incompetent. Think "Three Stooges". For them to pull off a concerted yet secret plan to sequester away property in order to control the market is pretty close to laughable.

CDon   befriend   ignore   Thu, 3 Jan 2013, 6:06am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 4

dunnross says

This market is manipulated, and markets cannot be manipulated for too long.

Define "too long". I say that because DeBeers has been sucessfully manipulating the market for 60+ years. The US govt has been sucessfully manipulating certain commodity prices for nearly 80 years. Is this not "too long" in your book?

epitaph   befriend   ignore   Wed, 9 Jan 2013, 5:43am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

The long term implications of the current US fiscal policy are not good, the real question is how long they can keep the show going.

I don't have an answer for this, but I would really like to know.

Email (Required, will not be visible)

Username (Just pick a name if you're new)

Watch comments by email

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net