Is the threat of shadow inventory truly manageable?

By golfplan18   Follow   Thu, 3 Jan 2013, 7:37am   795 views   5 comments
In Irvine CA 92620   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

http://ochousingnews.com/news/is-the-threat-of-shadow-inventory-truly-manageable?source=Patrick.net

With housing markets, the elephant in the room is shadow inventory. Much has been written about the subject over the last several years. It’s been portrayed as an apparition among the housing bulls, as if the millions of delinquent mortgages simply don’t exist. Most bulls comfort themselves with fanciful notions of loan modification programs succeeding and some simply denying there is a problem at all. Well, there is a problem. Lenders underwrote trillions of dollars worth of mortgages to people who couldn’t or wouldn’t pay them back. Contrary to the popular myth in the mainstream media, it isn’t a problem...

Viewing Comments 1-5 of 5     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

1   9:28am Thu 3 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

I believe the shadow inventory is in mordor.

2. dunnross

Follow
    Befriend
    29 threads
    1,669 comments
    San Jose, CA
    Premium

2   11:27am Thu 3 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike   Protected  

It's quite simple. This market is manipulated, and markets cannot be manipulated for too long. This simple fact has been proven over and over again. Those who deny it, will live to see the day when they are completely wiped out, financially.

3. wave9x

Follow
    Befriend
    12 threads
    152 comments

3   11:45am Thu 3 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike  

I have worked with banks - they are incredibly incompetent. Think "Three Stooges". For them to pull off a concerted yet secret plan to sequester away property in order to control the market is pretty close to laughable.

4. CDon

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    470 comments

4   2:06pm Thu 3 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

dunnross says

This market is manipulated, and markets cannot be manipulated for too long.

Define "too long". I say that because DeBeers has been sucessfully manipulating the market for 60+ years. The US govt has been sucessfully manipulating certain commodity prices for nearly 80 years. Is this not "too long" in your book?

5. epitaph

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    14 threads
    374 comments

5   1:43pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

The long term implications of the current US fiscal policy are not good, the real question is how long they can keep the show going.

I don't have an answer for this, but I would really like to know.

golfplan18 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 90 milliseconds to create.