« previous   misc   next »

Soon we will be printing replacement organs

By tovarichpeter   Follow   Fri, 4 Jan 2013, 7:24am PST   323 views   6 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/04/coming_eventually_print_your_own_organs/

But the still small industry is betting that the ability to manufacture whatever you want whenever you want it is too compelling not to catch on. Just start to imagine the possibilities. And the implications. And now here’s something you probably didn’t get to: printing bodily organs. Fast Company Co.

Comments 1-6 of 6     Last »

edvard2   Fri, 4 Jan 2013, 7:41am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

See, that's a potential problem. People will just get really drunk and say-"

oh well, if I ruin my liver I'll just got print me a new one"

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   Fri, 4 Jan 2013, 7:48am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 2

Hey, whole human beings. A snap. A harem of 100 will take an hour. An hour and a half if you want them with clothes.

New Renter   Fri, 4 Jan 2013, 10:47am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 3

It would take one of these to print my replacement organ!

http://www.livescience.com/1258-huge-printer-build-house-24-hours.html

Rin   Fri, 4 Jan 2013, 11:45am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 4

This is the type of stuff that gets me excited, biomedical engineering, not working for the financial services sector.

New Renter   Fri, 4 Jan 2013, 12:07pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

Rin says

This is the type of stuff that gets me excited, biomedical engineering, not working for the financial services sector.

Don't you work in the financial services sector?

Rin   Fri, 4 Jan 2013, 12:11pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

New Renter says

Don't you work in the financial services sector?

Yes, and it doesn't get me excited, as I was once a science/engineering person, turned into a money manager to survive in the Brave New World, where no one cares about those who're not management consultants.

tovarichpeter is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email

home   top   share   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net