Let's call a spade a spade...

By CaptainShuddup   Follow   Tue, 8 Jan 2013, 1:48pm   330 views   6 comments
Watch (2)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

“Of course Al didn’t show up,” said one high placed Current staffer. “He has no credibility. He’s supposed to be the face of clean energy and just sold [the channel] to very big oil, the emir of Qatar! Current never even took big oil advertising—and Al Gore, that bulls---ter sells to the emir?”

There you go suckers, Mr. Inconvenient truth, sold out quicker than laundry day at a Naval base.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/08/current-tv-staffers-rip-al-gore-for-sale-to-al-jazeera/#ixzz2HQGpk54n

Viewing Comments 1-6 of 6     Last »     See most liked comments

1. CMY

Follow
    Befriend
    148 comments
    Compton, CA

1   2:21pm Tue 8 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I do believe there were plenty of warning signs--- Like when it was exposed that his house uses something like twenty times the energy of a normal home.. or when he bought a second one (by the ocean)... or when they used CGI footage in his film... or his private jet use..

I'll be surprised if he ever turns up in public again, but hey, he managed to create a problem and profit from the solution. It's not his fault anyone actually fell for it.

2. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    115 threads
    4,345 comments

2   2:35pm Tue 8 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CMY says

they used CGI footage in his film

I've always wondered about the chart in An Inconvenient Truth showing historical temperatures and CO2 levels. Critics have said he presented the sequence (and thus causation) backwards, i.e. he said temperature follows CO2 but the real sequence is CO2 follows temperature. (The causation for that would be, as oceans get warmer, they release CO2 faster than at lower temperatures.) I haven't looked into that aspect of the film carefully enough to know.

3. CMY

Follow
    Befriend
    148 comments
    Compton, CA

3   2:54pm Tue 8 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

curious2 says

I haven't looked into that aspect of the film carefully enough to know.

To be honest, I've never seen the film, but this is an excellent site to find the answer to your question:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/

4. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    115 threads
    4,345 comments

4   3:44pm Tue 8 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  
  5. edvard2

Follow
    Befriend
    53 threads
    3,807 comments

5   3:47pm Tue 8 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Never understood why Conservatives are so hell-bent on ever considering that all of the crap we spew into the air just might.... just 'might' cause a problem someday and then go on to try and find any shred of proof that there really isn't any problem whatsoever so they can ( I guess) feel relieved?

6. CMY

Follow
    Befriend
    148 comments
    Compton, CA

6   4:17pm Tue 8 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

edvard2 says

Never understood why Conservatives are so hell-bent on ever considering that all of the crap we spew into the air just might....

I guess it's because when you take this thought process to it's logical conclusion the only acceptable answer is for each person on the planet to go home tonight and quietly hang themselves.

Capt Climate Change just sold out for 100M in oil money (in addition to the other tens of millions he's made via 'investments' over the years) and never really bothered to lead by example. Ever.

Don't you think that 'might' be a shred of proof that he wasn't really convinced of the crap he spewed?

CaptainShuddup is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 38 milliseconds to create.