Military contractor poisons soldiers-wants taxpayers to foot the bill.

By lostand confused   Follow   Wed, 9 Jan 2013, 8:31am   178 views   3 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/kbr-guilty-iraq-negligence_n_2436115.html

Sodium dichromate is an orange-yellowish substance containing hexavalent chromium, an anti-corrosion chemical. To Lt. Col. James Gentry of the Indiana National Guard, who was stationed at the Qarmat Ali water treatment center in Iraq just after the 2003 U.S. invasion, it was just different-colored sand. In their first few months at the base, soldiers were told by KBR contractors running the facility the substance was no worse than a mild irritant. Gentry was one of approximately 830 service members, including active-duty soldiers and members of the National Guard and reserve units from Indiana, South Carolina, West Virginia and Oregon, assigned...

Viewing Comments 1-3 of 3     Last »     See most liked comments

1. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    5,854 comments
    San Jose, CA

1   8:59am Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Its amazing the kind of crap soldiers have to put up with!

I also love the idea of injecting dichromate into the ground. How long until it seeps into the water table and poisons every well for miles I wonder?

2. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    422 threads
    2,752 comments

2   1:34pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I can't even believe they are arguing over this. So much for entitlement reform.

3. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    997 threads
    12,094 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

3   4:19pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

The real WTF is the link at the bottom of the article which goes to an article praising Richard Nixon.

Nixon's ambition was fired by his humble origins and his deep resentment of the privileged and snubs by the "Establishment." My admiration then for RN is due to his grit, his durability, his physical and political discipline, his resilience and his indestructibility. "You are only defeated when you quit," he would say. Richard Nixon never quit.

Richard Nixon never quit? That's what the asshole is most famous for doing. He's the only president ever to quit in shame. Even Bush didn't quite, and he was clinically retarded.

lostand confused is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 363 milliseconds to create.