Profile of a Democrat anti-gun lunatic

By zzyzzx   Follow   Wed, 9 Jan 2013, 10:15am   2,411 views   55 comments
In Baltimore MD 21230   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (3)  

This is what we're up against. Just for information purposes, the murder rate from all causes in the United States is 4.8 per 100,000 while the murder rate in the US if you only look at white people is only 2.17 per 100,000 which comparable to Europe, and substantially lower than South American, African, and Asian murder rates

Murder rate by country per 100,000 (from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate)

Russia 10.2
United Kingdom 1.2
Malawi 36.0
Zambia 38.0

The United States is the one if the safer countries in the world. There is a comparison.

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 16-55 of 55     Last »     See most liked comments

1. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    804 threads
    6,906 comments
    Baltimore, MD

16   1:13pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (4)  

leo707 says

Is it really that hard to actually find a real Democrat anti-gun lunatic?

You mean like Obama?

iwog says

zzyzzx says

while the murder rate in the US if you only look at white people

What the fuck is wrong with you?

If you are going to compare US murder rates to Europe, like you did in your thread, you really should be comparing the US murder rates by white people to make a valid comparison. If comparing US murder rates to Africa, the only use blacks in the US to make it a valid comparison. You know, compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges type of thing.

I was wondering how long it would take you to find this thread, it should seem somewhat familiar to you. That and I don't think we have any any or very many parody threads here yet.

2. Moderate Infidel

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    712 comments

17   1:21pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

Even if the murder rate was zero I don't want my neighbors owning AK47's.

3. bdrasin

Follow
    Befriend
    7 threads
    561 comments
    Alameda, CA

18   1:24pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Everyone knows there are no black/brown people in Europe

4. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    163 threads
    5,377 comments

19   1:31pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (3)  

zzyzzx says

I would think that a sword would do. Needs no permit and you never run out of bullets. Added bonus in that it probably leaves a bloodier mess than bullets would.

In some countries you would actually need a permit in order to get a knife.

5. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    163 threads
    5,377 comments

20   1:32pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike (2)  

Moderate Infidel says

Well, there is a whole list of things someone else does not want you to own... doesn't mean it should become a law.

6. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    375 threads
    19,956 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

21   1:49pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (3)   Protected  

zzyzzx says

If you are going to compare US murder rates to Europe, like you did in your thread, you really should be comparing the US murder rates by white people to make a valid comparison.

Really? Because you think there are only white people living in Europe??

How about black people who die because white guns get into the hands of black criminals?

The only possible translation of anything you are saying here is that somehow the lives of minorities are irrelevant and shouldn't be included in any comparison of murder rates.

I am NOT someone who cries racism at any provocation but I think you really need to examine your core beliefs. I guess the liberals who levied claims of racism were right after all.

7. KgK one

Follow
    Befriend
    6 threads
    40 comments

22   1:49pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

Why we need guns, Freedom
    1) Without them we would still be controlled by british.
    we fought gorilla war with those guns to get our freedom.

2) In india, they preach peace. Hinduism was peaceful but then some parts evolved into Buddism. Both religions are all about peace and nonviolance. Well guess what, Muslims overran them from 12-16 th century, massacared continuously. Even now they are getting massacred and being taken advantage.

3) No country in the world dare to occupy US. Suppose china builds up enough army and weapons, and fights us they would have to fight street by street to take over.

4) If some Pakistani guy funded by US to create turmoil in Asia, turns against US and has a nuke, most people will atleast stop them by shooting them in their legs

I don't own a gun one but i should for safety and freedom

8. Moderate Infidel

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    712 comments

23   2:09pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

FortWayne says

Moderate Infidel says

Well, there is a whole list of things someone else does not want you to own... doesn't mean it should become a law.

There are laws preventing people from owning lots of things and for very good reasons.

9. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    822 threads
    10,223 comments

24   3:20pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (2)  

zzyzzx says

If you are going to compare US murder rates to Europe, like you did in your thread, you really should be comparing the US murder rates by white people to make a valid comparison. If comparing US murder rates to Africa, the only use blacks in the US to make it a valid comparison. You know, compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges type of thing.

Here try this.... homicide victims by age, gender and race..

10. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    822 threads
    10,223 comments

25   3:23pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (2)  

iwog says

How about black people who die because white guns get into the hands of black criminals?

What??? That doesn't even make any sense???? White guns?? Really???

All that matters is who the person is who is pulling the trigger... and guess who that is in the majority of the cases?? Who's the most common "criminal" in this chart of homicide offenders?? (ie: who's pulling the trigger)

11. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    822 threads
    10,223 comments

26   3:25pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (2)  

KgK one says

Without them we would still be controlled by british.

Without them, we could be speaking German now!!

12. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    804 threads
    6,906 comments
    Baltimore, MD

27   5:31pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Call it Crazy says

And we'd have blonde hair and blue eyes too!

13. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    804 threads
    6,906 comments
    Baltimore, MD

28   5:33pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

FortWayne says

In some countries you would actually need a permit in order to get a knife.

I didn't read the wikipedia page completely, but there was a reference to crossbows as being restricted in one country.

14. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    822 threads
    10,223 comments

29   5:33pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

zzyzzx says

Call it Crazy says

And we'd have blonde hair and blue eyes too!

Wait, I already..... nevermind.... and I took German in high school.... what does that mean??

15. Peter P

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    124 threads
    18,964 comments

30   7:16pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

I only know one word in German: schadenfreude.

16. Raw

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    694 comments

31   7:27pm Wed 9 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

leo707 says

It's impossible.

17. Peter P

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    124 threads
    18,964 comments

32   11:36am Thu 10 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Why is the black male rate so high?

18. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    163 threads
    5,377 comments

33   11:36am Thu 10 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

zzyzzx says

I didn't read the wikipedia page completely, but there was a reference to crossbows as being restricted in one country.

Buying knifes in China requires you register it w/ the government.

19. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    804 threads
    6,906 comments
    Baltimore, MD

34   11:49am Thu 10 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

FortWayne says

Buying knifes in China requires you register it w/ the government.

Obligatory Crocodile Dundee movie reference:
    That's not a knife. This is a knife!

20. Peter P

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    124 threads
    18,964 comments

35   12:00pm Thu 10 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

So young people are evil too. Lets hope that stay home, spend all day on Facebook, and never cause trouble.

21. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    822 threads
    10,223 comments

36   1:17pm Thu 10 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

IDDQD says

Looks like banning black males is the shortest route to no-gun-violence paradise... ;)

See how easy that was.... now go make a call to Joe Biden and let him know...

22. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    822 threads
    10,223 comments

37   1:17pm Thu 10 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Peter P says

Why is the black male rate so high?

Because you can't play basketball ALL the time....

23. Peter P

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    124 threads
    18,964 comments

38   1:18pm Thu 10 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Huh?

24. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    115 threads
    4,345 comments

39   1:24pm Thu 10 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

IDDQD says

the shortest route to no-gun-violence paradise...

...is to end the drug war. There happens to be a similar epidemic of gun violence just south of the border with Mexico, due to the drug war and ATF gun-walking. Pointing to correlations with skin color is not productive; the question becomes why, and the clear answer is because there is an ongoing war especially in urban areas. Wars tend to involve shooting and homicide. During prohibition, people stereotyped Italians based on Joe Bonanno and Al Capone, but correlation is not causation. Ending the drug war would reduce US and Mexican gun homicides to Canadian levels. Canadians have plenty of guns too, and people of all colors, but they aren't always voting for more "war" against themselves.

25. Peter P

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    124 threads
    18,964 comments

40   1:27pm Thu 10 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Yes the drug war needs to end.

But I wonder if certain groups can benefit from positive thinking. The mind is powerful.

26. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    804 threads
    6,906 comments
    Baltimore, MD

41   4:59pm Thu 10 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

IDDQD says

zzyzzx says

Obligatory Crocodile Dundee movie reference:

That's not a knife. This is a knife!

Good thing they were in NYC. In California carrying that knife concealed would be misdemeanor or felony.

What if you were carrying it, but not concealing it. Is that still illegal?

27. MMR

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    367 comments
    New York, NY

42   7:38pm Thu 10 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

FortWayne says

leo707 says

Anti-gun lunatics like Andrew Cuomo and his comrade Feinstein only speak from transcripts where they just say some emotionally appealing

baloney.

Remember, they always travel with guns (armed guards) more often than not

28. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    804 threads
    6,906 comments
    Baltimore, MD

43   6:55am Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

29. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,038 threads
    12,840 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

44   8:36am Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

KgK one says

Why we need guns, Freedom

1) Without them we would still be controlled by british.

we fought gorilla war with those guns to get our freedom.

2) In india, they preach peace. Hinduism was peaceful but then some parts evolved into Buddism. Both religions are all about peace and nonviolance. Well guess what, Muslims overran them from 12-16 th century, massacared continuously. Even now they are getting massacred and being taken advantage.

3) No country in the world dare to occupy US. Suppose china builds up enough army and weapons, and fights us they would have to fight street by street to take over.

4) If some Pakistani guy funded by US to create turmoil in Asia, turns against US and has a nuke, most people will atleast stop them by shooting them in their legs

I don't own a gun one but i should for safety and freedom

Not true until you can resolve this.

30. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,038 threads
    12,840 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

45   8:43am Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

zzyzzx says

Argument: Patrons of restaurants need to carry guns in case some lunatic opens fire on everyone.

OK, so in the extremely rare circumstance of a lunatic opening fire in a restaurant, you manage to save a dozen or so lives by everyone else having guns. Great.

But what about the far more common case of law-bidding citizens having too much to drink at the restaurant's bar or any bar, getting into an argument, and killing people because they are intoxicated and have loaded guns?

This will happen way the hell more often than a lunatic opening fire in a restaurant. Have you ever been to a bar? It's full of testosterone pumped, horny, drunk, young males fighting over pussy. Add guns to that and you'll have a massacre every weekend in every city.

So congratulations, you saved a dozen lives at the expense of hundreds of thousands of lives. Not a good trade off.

I'll take the 1 in a million chance that I'll be shot by a lunatic over the 1 in a hundred chance that I'll be shot by a drunk guy with a gun and no criminal record because I flirted with the wrong girl.

31. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    804 threads
    6,906 comments
    Baltimore, MD

46   8:53am Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

Dan8267 says

But what about the far more common case of law-bidding citizens having too much to drink at the restaurant's bar or any bar, getting into an argument, and killing people because they are intoxicated and have loaded guns?

If enough of the other patrons have guns, that won't be much of a problem.

32. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

47   9:15am Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Dan8267 says

At least in California CCW's often have the restriction that one can not carry in an establishment that sells alcohol.

33. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

48   9:17am Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

zzyzzx says

Whoever made this survey forgot two options.

-Get immediately shot by the gun man.

-Find out that carrying a gun does not turn someone into the hero that they think they are.

34. mdovell

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    28 threads
    783 comments

49   10:08am Mon 14 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Crime as a concept cannot be legislated out. If criminals cared about breaking laws then frankly there'd be no crime.

Having said that though there can be ebbs and flows to this. Murder rates in say medieval Britain were sky high

Here is a website that debates some figures which with todays standards illustrate it was much higher back then
    http://bedejournal.blogspot.com/2011/11/steven-pinkers-medieval-murder-rates.html

One item that cannot be denied is that crime went significantly down after the height of the late 80's/early 90's. There are many debates as to why this has occurred. Some suggest the economy helped since unemployment reached record lows which is pretty simple. Others get into odder concepts such as lower exposure to lead (elimination of lead paint and lead in gasoline etc) under the idea that lead exposure lowers iq's and thus leads to more aggressive behavior.

Much can also be said in terms of what specifically "is" a crime. Of course there can be higher crime rates in the USA when a wider range of activity is actually considered a crime. Sometimes criminal behavior becomes a circle. When you add in the drug checks, background checks, credit checks and the indelible mark that being in jail can bring towards employment it is no surprise that many become repeat offenders if that is their only choice to make a living. It reminds me of Iceland to a point when in 2008 they were lumped together with the taliban, al qaida and north korea on a list of organizations blacklisted from banking and yet they were slammed for not paying back their loans..um..how could then when no one legally could accept them?

35. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

50   11:43pm Tue 15 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

mdovell says

One item that cannot be denied is that crime went significantly down after the height of the late 80's/early 90's. There are many debates as to why this has occurred. Some suggest the economy helped since unemployment reached record lows which is pretty simple.

The cocaine smuggling were intercepted using US military assets... laws created to go after narcotic smugglers and their assets. Going after the Columbian drug lords .. which included killing Pablo Escobar (Worth some $42Billion in wealth)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Escobar

as such .. the violence and common shooting by drug dealers/smugglers in So Florida dropped off in late 80s. That is why Miami after early 90s become a boom town after the people cleaned up of the drug crime organizations.

They even made a TV show about it... it was no mystery why crime ended in Miami.

mdovell says

Crime as a concept cannot be legislated out. If criminals cared about breaking laws then frankly there'd be no crime.

Actually you do legislate it.. as was the case above.. the biggest fear for the Columbian drug czar was a US Special Forces team storming their jungle fortress bringing them back into US or just putting a bullet into their head.. drove them insane.

It can be done!

36. Robert Sproul

Follow
    Befriend
    64 threads
    826 comments

51   6:22pm Wed 16 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

iwog says

Why do you think it's valid excluding large American cities while retaining large European cities in your data sample? I'm really beginning to think that after years of tea party denials, most of you are simply good old fashioned racist bigots.

You continue to ignore the idea that if this criminal activity is a problem of the urban inner city it should be solved there.
    The proposed legislative solutions have nothing to do with any actual crime statistic, they are pandering to their large constituencies of pantywaists, rather than contemplate the difficult work of solving the social ills and poverty of Ghetto America, where the violent crime is endemic.

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it." William Burroughs

37. Robert Sproul

Follow
    Befriend
    64 threads
    826 comments

52   6:29pm Wed 16 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

iwog says

Best to confiscate my property before someone steals it?
    Really?
    Hedges is right about the Death of the Liberal Class. The pathetic remnant is the Authoritarian Vanguard.

38. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,038 threads
    12,840 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

53   7:20pm Wed 16 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

zzyzzx says

If enough of the other patrons have guns, that won't be much of a problem.

Yeah, 30 drunk horny young men with guns all shooting at each other. What could possibly go wrong?

39. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,038 threads
    12,840 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

54   7:21pm Wed 16 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

mdovell says

If criminals cared about breaking laws then frankly there'd be no crime.

The criminals in government would still commit crimes just by making them legal. Crime, as a concept, is not the same thing as illegality.

40. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    804 threads
    6,906 comments
    Baltimore, MD

55   8:28am Thu 17 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

« First     « Previous comments    

zzyzzx is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 161 milliseconds to create.