Silicon Valley the new Mahattan

By tovarichpeter   Follow   Wed, 9 Jan 2013, 2:24pm   181 views   1 comment
In South San Francisco CA 94080   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/01/a-grand-plan-to-make-silicon-valley-into-an-urban-paradise/266998/

While at Wired.com, he built Wired Science into one of the most popular blogs in the world. The site was nominated for best magazine blog by the MPA and best science Web site in the 2009 Webby Awards. He also co-founded Haiti ReWired, a groundbreaking community dedicated to the discussion of technology, infrastructure, and the future of Haiti.

Viewing Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Rin

Follow
    Befriend
    47 threads
    2,800 comments

1   6:06am Thu 10 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Ok, this article has got it wrong. I've lived in the northeast corridor, the areas *outside of NYC* for ages, and let me tell you, Manhattan's the last place I'd want to actually live & work in.

I think many of us like being able to drive and find a parking lot, in a vast network of leafy/green suburbs, than being in a concrete jungle, hopping from one bus/subway station to another. So while that urban cul-de-sac may be fun for 20-somethings, Woody Allen, and the Sex In the City women, it's a type of prison for everyone else.

What Silicon Valley has, is that ability to hop in one's car and drive to either the shoreline, SF, or Marin and soak in the natural settings, outside of buildings and basement bars. Likewise, in the New England region, it's about the same stuff but we prefer smaller seaside towns like Mystic, Newport, etc.

tovarichpeter is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 56 milliseconds to create.