Feds will require borrowers to show they can repay mortgage loans

By tvgnus   Follow   Thu, 10 Jan 2013, 7:45am   345 views   4 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=22635

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau issues rule •  Says it will protect consumers from irresponsible mortgage lending The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has adopted a new rule that it says will protect consumers from irresponsible mortgage lending by requiring lenders to ensure prospective buyers have the ability to repay their mortgage.

Viewing Comments 1-4 of 4     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,055 threads
    13,344 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

1   8:39pm Tue 15 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

The vast majority, if not all, of the people who received mortgages they couldn't repay, applied for such mortgages expecting to flip the house before they ran out of money. They aren't victims but gamblers who drove house prices out of reach for everyone else. They do not deserve our sympathy.

2. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

2   8:54pm Tue 15 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

tvgnus says

irresponsible mortgage lending

how about irresponsible home bidding and irrational exuberance on home prices.

3. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    939 threads
    11,852 comments

3   5:31am Wed 16 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

This was needed 10 years ago. As of 2010, when I got my mortgage, meeting the requirements were like being micromanaged by a control freak on crack. They literally wanted a full snapshot of my finances every single day. If one single deposit was made in my bank account that did not come from pay roll. I had to get a copy of it, produce notarized letters explaining where it came from and why I deposited it into my bank. My wife deposited a check from our daughter and gave her cash for the check. We had to make a receipt of the cash changing hands, and get it notarized, like were a check cashing store. Why can't you cash your daughters check with out it being the Spanish inquisition? It was really stressful, it almost felt like they were screwing with you, and they had no intention at all of ever approving the loan. Every single morning when I would wake up, expecting positive news I would go through the same routine again that consumed most of my day the day before. I was working from home, so a lot of it, was easy. I wonder how working people in a demanding job ever close on a house.

Now of course this was for a FHA loan, perhaps they mean, they will make banks get as rigorous on all mortgages.

4. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    840 threads
    7,131 comments
    Baltimore, MD

4   7:13am Wed 16 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Article is missing down payment requirements.

tvgnus is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 35 milliseconds to create.