« previous   misc   next »

Dentists fight against affordable dental care

By tovarichpeter   Follow   Tue, 15 Jan 2013, 8:52am PST   299 views   2 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

http://www.psmag.com/health/the-other-health-care-reform-51266/

Nothing rattles the mind quite like a toothache; anybody whos suffered one can attest to that. Whats less appreciated is that poor oral health can throw the rest of the body into disarray as well. Research has linked gum disease with diabetes, heart and lung ailments, strokes, and premature births. Children who dont see a dentist are more likely to miss school because of infected teeth and gums, and to grow into adults with serious dental problems. And missing teeth make it all but impossible to secure a middle-class job. Dentistry, it turns out, is destiny. Its also a scarcely...

Comments 1-2 of 2     Last »

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   Tue, 15 Jan 2013, 11:59am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

Dentists are guaranteed the right to bear arms and defend themselves from unattractive patients and the tyrannical government that shoves them at them.

Moderate Infidel   Tue, 15 Jan 2013, 2:56pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

Why am I such a misfit, I am not just a nit-wit, you can't fire me I quit, I just don't fit in. I want to be a dentist!

tovarichpeter is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email

home   top   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net