The housing recovery may stall in 2013

By golfplan18   Follow   Tue, 15 Jan 2013, 11:35pm PST   326 views   1 comment   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike

As I review the housing numbers each month, I see local housing prices rising quickly and no return of inventory to blunt the increases. Given those conditions, it’s likely that prices will continue to rise in 2013, perhaps significantly. What’s somewhat surprising to me is that my purely mechanical rating system continues to show improvements in market timing. I thought that rising prices would reduce affordability and cause the ratings to drop. That isn’t what’s happening. The declining interest rates have more than offset the rise in prices. In fact, housing affordability as measured by the monthly cost of ownership...

Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Tue, 15 Jan 2013, 11:37pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

With the qualified mortgage rules and new possible caps on deductions 2014 will be the year of big changes.

Email (Required, will not be visible)

Username (Just pick a name if you're new)

Watch comments by email

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   Debt Is Slavery