The housing recovery may stall in 2013

By golfplan18   Follow   Wed, 16 Jan 2013, 7:35am   239 views   1 comment
In Irvine CA 92620   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

http://ochousingnews.com/news/the-housing-recovery-may-stall-in-2013?source=Patrick.net

As I review the housing numbers each month, I see local housing prices rising quickly and no return of inventory to blunt the increases. Given those conditions, it’s likely that prices will continue to rise in 2013, perhaps significantly. What’s somewhat surprising to me is that my purely mechanical rating system continues to show improvements in market timing. I thought that rising prices would reduce affordability and cause the ratings to drop. That isn’t what’s happening. The declining interest rates have more than offset the rise in prices. In fact, housing affordability as measured by the monthly cost of ownership...

Viewing Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Oil Can

Follow
    Befriend
    21 threads
    163 comments
    Oil Can's website

1   7:37am Wed 16 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

With the qualified mortgage rules and new possible caps on deductions 2014 will be the year of big changes.

golfplan18 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 38 milliseconds to create.