Education on a AR-15 Assault Rifle

By Call it Crazy   Follow   Mon, 21 Jan 2013, 7:00pm   4,558 views   107 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

For anyone who is interested and will to accept some education on firearms, here is a 7 minute video that will compare the scary AR-15 assault weapon to other common firearms and bullet calibers.

You might be surprised on how scary and powerful an AR-15 actually is.....

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2109669132001/

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 68-107 of 107     Last »     See most liked comments

1. JodyChunder

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    32 threads
    1,779 comments
    Victorville, CA

68   5:04pm Tue 22 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

marcus says

Hmmm. Really ?

What about bombs in your car. To you get anxious every time before you start your car ?

???

I guess I might if I were living in the midst of a tetchy car bomber...which, living where I do, is certainly plausible.

But my point was that the deranged sniper induces more terror in me personally than the deranged kid with his mom's semi and a Kevlar onesie. Look up Charles Whitman, the Beltway Sniper, the Arizona Sniper, etc., etc.

2. JodyChunder

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    32 threads
    1,779 comments
    Victorville, CA

69   5:17pm Tue 22 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

permanent_marker says

If this doesn't want you to go out and shoot guns....

Pffft, to HELL with the guns, brother...

Little games are for little boys.

3. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    6,520 comments
    San Jose, CA

70   7:10pm Tue 22 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

JodyChunder says

But my point was that the deranged sniper induces more terror in me personally than the deranged kid with his mom's semi and a Kevlar onesie. Look up Charles Whitman, the Beltway Sniper, the Arizona Sniper, etc., etc.

Yes but a patriot with a concealed sidearm is just as much a target in that scenario so please don't bring it up. The pro gun community would appreciate it you would keep your focus on situations where an armed citizen (preferably a senior citizen) can take down a gun-toting hooligan, preferably one who has taken a beautiful young thing as a human shield.

4. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

71   10:08pm Tue 22 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

JodyChunder says

Fucking TERRIFYING:

5. JodyChunder

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    32 threads
    1,779 comments
    Victorville, CA

72   10:20pm Tue 22 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Kevin says

Fucking TERRIFYING:

Operative qualifiers: DERANGED; CHARLES WHITMAN; BELTWAY SNIPER.

Snipers within this context aren't protecting heads of state; snipers within this context do not usually make their positions known; snipers in this context do not clock in to work and fill out expense reports for target practice. Y'know?

Anyway, the point I was originally trying to illustrate was that it's the knee-jerk, gun-illiterate harpies who seize upon buzzwords like 'assault weapons' when the fact is, Adam Lanza could have just as easily devastated Newtown if he'd employed a high-precision rifle from 500 meters away.

6. marcus

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    203 threads
    7,517 comments

73   3:03am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

JodyChunder says

???

I guess I might if I were living in the midst of a tetchy car bomber...which, living where I do, is certainly plausible.

I was just kidding that it sounded paranoid, as if you have some pretty bad enemies, if you are worried about snipers. But I get that you didn't mean that you really are personally afraid of snipers...

JodyChunder says

Snipers terrify the fuck out of me

7. Moderate Infidel

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    712 comments

74   1:46pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

JodyChunder says

Adam Lanza could have just as easily devastated Newtown if he'd employed a high-precision rifle from 500 meters away.

You can snipe through walls now? that Adam must been one helluva sniper.

8. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

75   1:57pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Moderate Infidel says

JodyChunder says

Adam Lanza could have just as easily devastated Newtown if he'd employed a high-precision rifle from 500 meters away.

You can snipe through walls now? that Adam must been one helluva sniper.

Remember the beltway snipers?

9. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    876 threads
    11,098 comments

76   2:35pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

Scagnetti says

Wasn't he shooting from a hole in the trunk of a car??

10. Moderate Infidel

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    712 comments

77   2:40pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

So your point is we need to outlaw high powered sniping rifles because they are a huge threat to public safety. I'm aboard.

11. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

78   2:43pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Moderate Infidel says

So your point is we need to outlaw high powered sniping rifles because they are a huge threat to public safety. I'm aboard.

Nope...I didn't say that. You did.

12. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

79   2:47pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Call it Crazy says

Scagnetti says

Wasn't he shooting from a hole in the trunk of a car??

That's right. And from my memory, he only needed 1 shot each time. How would restricting magazine capacity prevent that? Or restricting semi auto's? Or restricting caliber? Do you think Moderate Infidel will say we should ban all guns?

13. Moderate Infidel

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    712 comments

80   2:55pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Scagnetti says

That's right. And from my memory, he only needed 1 shot each time. How would restricting magazine capacity prevent that? Or restricting semi auto's? Or restricting caliber? Do you think Moderate Infidel will say we should ban all guns?

I don't want to ban guns. Also restricting magazine capacity wouldn't stop a sniper, that is obvious. I was commenting on the fact that some of you are really frightened by snipers so I would assume you would want to do something to prevent them. So what are your ideas for stopping snipers?

14. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

81   3:00pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Moderate Infidel says

Scagnetti says

I don't want to ban guns. Also restricting magazine capacity wouldn't stop a sniper, that is obvious. I was commenting on the fact that some of you are really frightened by snipers so I would assume you would want to do something to prevent them. So what are your ideas for stopping snipers?

sniper vs. sniper?

15. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    876 threads
    11,098 comments

82   3:03pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (3)  

Moderate Infidel says

So what are your ideas for stopping snipers?

Are snipers an "epidemic" now too?? I haven't heard that yet from the MSM or anti-gun crowds.

16. Moderate Infidel

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    712 comments

83   3:06pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

How about a "Star Wars" system in front of every school that shoots down incoming bullets. FortWayne will love that idea.

17. Moderate Infidel

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    712 comments

84   3:07pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

Moderate Infidel says

So what are your ideas for stopping snipers?

Are snipers an "epidemic" now too?? I haven't heard that yet from the MSM or anti-gun crowds.

Ask JodyChunder.

18. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    876 threads
    11,098 comments

85   3:12pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (3)  

Moderate Infidel says

How about a "Star Wars" system in front of every school that shoots down incoming bullets. FortWayne will love that idea.

How about a school system police department that purchased 14 AR-15 assault weapons for their own use.... what are they worried about?? Schools are a "gun-free" zone...

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/01/22/fontana-school-pd-purchases-14-ar-15-assault-weapons-to-protect-students/

19. JodyChunder

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    32 threads
    1,779 comments
    Victorville, CA

86   5:02pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Moderate Infidel says

Ask JodyChunder.

I like that...

20. HEY YOU

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    875 threads
    2,205 comments

87   5:47pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Scagnetti says

This is the problem...You have people trying regulate firearms who don't know jack s**t about them! That would be like me writing a book on what it's like to be pregnant in the third trimester!

Democrats,Republicans,TBTF,Wall Street1!%, etc. have been fucking us for years. I've been throwing up in the mornings. Time to take a pregnancy test.

21. Moderate Infidel

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    712 comments

88   7:13pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

HEY YOU says

Scagnetti says

This is the problem...You have people trying regulate firearms who don't know jack s**t about them! That would be like me writing a book on what it's like to be pregnant in the third trimester!

Democrats,Republicans,TBTF,Wall Street1!%, etc. have been fucking us for years. I've been throwing up in the mornings. Time to take a pregnancy test.

The people who make our laws don't know jack shit about most things. We get the government we deserve.

22. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

89   7:18pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Moderate Infidel says

HEY YOU says

Scagnetti says

The people who make our laws don't know jack shit about most things. We get the government we deserve.

If they don't know "jack shit" about anything, maybe we should have a smaller government to minimize the damage they can do.

23. Moderate Infidel

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    712 comments

90   7:29pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Scagnetti says

If they don't know "jack shit" about anything, maybe we should have a smaller government to minimize the damage they can do.

What size do you propose?

24. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

91   7:34pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (4)  

Moderate Infidel says

Scagnetti says

Just big enough to effectively and efficiently do everything we (Americans) NEED done and no more!

25. Moderate Infidel

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    712 comments

92   7:37pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Scagnetti says

Just big enough to effectively and efficiently do everything we (Americans) NEED done and no more!

I get it, but we need actual numbers and a viable plan to implement it.

26. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

93   8:04pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Scagnetti says

Moderate Infidel says

Scagnetti says

What Americans "need" done is really the entire crux of the debate about the size of government. Everybody has (and is entitled to) their own opinion. This process is called "democracy".

27. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

94   8:35pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Scagnetti says

I think we could all agree on some cuts...

ditto

28. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

95   8:39pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

Scagnetti says

#2 The Obama administration plans to spend between 16 and 20 million dollars helping students from Indonesia get master’s degrees.

and that is totally unacceptable...down right freaking wrong!

29. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    268 threads
    5,952 comments
    Davis, CA

96   9:54pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Scagnetti says

#1 The U.S. government is spending $750,000 on a new soccer field for detainees held at Guantanamo Bay.

I don't need TRILLION dollar wars either.

Your stuff is penny-ante bullshit by comparison.

Much like the idiot hemmorhaging money like a firehose, who decides to "economize" by brownbagging their lunch.

30. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

97   10:41pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Vicente says

Scagnetti says

#1 The U.S. government is spending $750,000 on a new soccer field for detainees held at Guantanamo Bay.

Much like the idiot hemmorhaging money like a firehose, who decides to "economize" by brownbagging their lunch.

What the hell do you mean "my stuff"??? That was simply a list everybody could agree on no matter where on the political spectrum you may fall.

31. ThreeBays

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    2 threads
    128 comments
    San Mateo, CA

98   11:13pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

For anyone who is interested and will to accept some education on firearms, here is a 7 minute video that will compare the scary AR-15 assault weapon to other common firearms and bullet calibers.

You might be surprised on how scary and powerful an AR-15 actually is.....

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2109669132001/

Who would've imagined that higher caliber guns make bigger holes? Duh!

Maybe they should shoot one of the Fox guys, just to prove that they're not really scary and powerful?

32. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

99   12:04am Thu 24 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Scagnetti says

Vicente says

Scagnetti says

What the hell do you mean "my stuff"??? That was simply a list everybody could agree on no matter where on the political spectrum you may fall.

Clearly not true, since there are people who voted for the spending.

I'm a big fan of people who have no idea what the NIH does and blasts every dollar that they spend. Nevermind the millions and millions of people who would be dead or severely disabled without NIH-funded research. People who don't know anything about how research grants work just make me sad for America's future position in the world.

33. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

100   12:23am Thu 24 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Kevin says

Are you telling me that if those spending measures were brought to a popular vote by all Americans and the choices were;

A) Approve the spending for those items

Or

B) Get the money back through a rebate check

the majority would vote to approve the spending?

Or do you admit it was probably just pork attached to another bill?

34. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

101   12:27am Thu 24 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Kevin says

I'm a big fan of people who have no idea what the NIH does and blasts every dollar that they spend. Nevermind the millions and millions of people who would be dead or severely disabled without NIH-funded research. People who don't know anything about how research grants work just make me sad for America's future position in the world.

I'll tell you what....I can save us money. Instead of....

Scagnetti says

#27 The National Institutes of Health loves to spend our tax money on really bizarre things. The NIH once spent $800,000 in “stimulus funds” to study the impact of a “genital-washing program” on men in South Africa.

You can wash mine for free and then study the impact.

35. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

102   12:59am Thu 24 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Scagnetti says

Kevin says

Are you telling me that if those spending measures were brought to a popular vote by all Americans and the choices were;

A) Approve the spending for those items

Or

B) Get the money back through a rebate check

the majority would vote to approve the spending?

Or do you admit it was probably just pork attached to another bill

Neither. The claim was that "everybody could agree". Obviously false.

You know how many things every american votes on? Just one: Who represents them. That's how a republic works.

Scagnetti says

You can wash mine for free and then study the impact.

Are you a man living in South Africa, a country with an extremely high rate of STDs and where America has significant interests? No? Ok. Then try again after you've had some time to learn what the NIH is and how it works.

36. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

103   1:12am Thu 24 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Kevin says

Neither. The claim was that "everybody could agree". Obviously false.

Oh....so you're saying I should have said the vast majority...Woopity Doo! Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me.

Kevin says

You know how many things every american votes on? Just one: Who represents them. That's how a republic works.

I know how a republic works. That's not how I framed the question is it? Just admit most people do no want the above list! Admit most of the list is just pork! Admit that if each of those items were not attached to some other bill and had to be approved on their own merits, they wouldn't pass!

Kevin says

Are you a man living in South Africa, a country with an extremely high rate of STDs and where America has significant interests?

Yes I am...now start washing.

37. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

104   8:57am Thu 24 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Scagnetti says

I'm sure we can all agree that Americans don't "need" the following...!

There is nothing on this list that I would not need more information on before making my knee-jerk reaction on if we should be spending money on it. It seems more like the kind of list that people who know don't know jack-shit about many-a-thing write to rile up and elicit emotional responses from people who also don't know jack-shit.

Scagnetti says

So, what you are suggesting is that we replace the current set of people who don't know jack-shit, with another set of people who possible know even less jack-shit, but that agree with your imaginings on how a government should be run.

No thanks.

38. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

105   9:57am Thu 24 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Scagnetti says

Just admit most people do no want the above list! Admit most of the list is just pork! Admit that if each of those items were not attached to some other bill and had to be approved on their own merits, they wouldn't pass!

NIH grants aren't attached to other bills. Again: Learn how the NIH works.

IDDQD says

Could you elaborate on "significant interests" and connection of these interests with genital washing

HIV causes instability. Researching ways to prevent it in countries like south Africa means more stability. South Africa is one of the few stable democracies in Africa. Its essential to us interests that it remains so.

39. David Losh

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    1,546 comments
    Seattle, WA
    David Losh's website

106   10:44am Thu 24 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Scagnetti says

I'm sure we can all agree that Americans don't "need" the following!

I wouldn't have paid any attention to you normally, but you certainly put up a lot of comments that have nothing to say.

No we don't all agree with your list, and most of the "pork" you provided has cross economic purposes.

« First     « Previous comments    

Call it Crazy is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 157 milliseconds to create.