Little India Restaurant, Redwood City, CA

By Patrick   Follow   Mon, 21 Jan 2013, 7:55pm   439 views   4 comments
In Redwood City CA 94063   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I just had dinner at the Little India Restaurant at 917 Main Street, Redwood City, CA 94063 and am sorry to say it was disappointing.

The reviews on other sites looked good, so it seemed worth a try, but now I strongly suspect those reviews were planted and not authentic. The Little India is a tired and depressing place with overcooked food simmering on the buffet line for $12.95 with meat, or $10.95 vegetarian. Even though that's not expensive around here, neither option is nearly worth those prices. For some reason the a la carte menu was not available, just the buffet. Perhaps the kitchen staff had just given up. The food was not bad, but not good. It was just food.

The restaurant itself is rather dingy, with tacky pinup posters in the men's room, and cheesy local Indian cable on a big screen TV in the dining area. The two waiters were friendly enough, but neither looked like they were actually employees of a restaurant. They looked like they had perhaps just walked in off the street in search of a meal.

By the time I was able to pay and leave I was happy to be out of there. I won't be back. Still looking for good Indian food for a reasonable price.

Viewing Comments 1-4 of 4     Last »     See most liked comments

1. raindoctor

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    3 threads
    136 comments
    Mountain View, CA

1   8:32pm Mon 21 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Taste buds, Sunnyvale (buffet for lunch, a la carte dinner), between mary and bernardo
    Shah, Sunnyvale (a la carte, no buffet) -- Pakistani restraunt. You can try their tandoori, near mary

2. mell

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    284 threads
    3,620 comments
    San Francisco, CA

2   8:36pm Mon 21 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

The Indian food at the cafeteria at Sun was really good... ah, the good old times ;)

3. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    116 threads
    4,363 comments

3   8:39pm Mon 21 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

In San Francisco, India Palace has a good $10 buffet for both lunch and dinner. Perhaps they might even barter for improving their website, which has way too much motion.
    http://www.indiapalacerestaurantsf.com/

4. MMR

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    367 comments
    New York, NY

4   10:45am Tue 22 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Try Passage to India in Mountain View. I remember liking it somewhat for dinner although it appears to be mediocre by zagat standards.

For a higher rated Zagat restaurant, maybe Amber cafe.

Both restaurants are on el camino real.

Premium member Patrick is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 69 milliseconds to create.