Like Dislike Ignore

By The Professor   Follow   Wed, 23 Jan 2013, 9:26am   7,092 views   221 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (7)  

Most Disliked
http://patrick.net/users.php?ob=dislikes&d=desc

I like capshudup even though he is the most disliked on Patnet. He probably got most of his dislikes from bad spelling.

Callitcrazy but conservatives with strong opinions are not well liked around here.

Iwog is number 3 most disliked. Surprised? Not really. He sometimes epitomizes that class of people that would say. "Let them eat cake".

Elliemae in the top ten of most disliked? She seems like such a sweet person?

Keep trying Roberto. At number 11 you are quickly moving to the top ten most disliked. Personally I find your rages quite entertaining. Your feud with underwaterdude, however, is getting kind of old.

Vulgarity, inanity, strong opinions to the extremes, bad grammar, scanning down the most disliked I can see why many of them are up there.

http://patrick.net/users.php?ob=likes&d=desc

Iwog is the number one most liked personality on Patnet. He has a ratio of one like for each 3.5 posts he made. Strangely bipolar rentier/liberal at times it is difficult to see where he is coming from. I like him on occasion. He is entertaining but at times a bit vulgar.

Speaking of vulgarity; Apocalypse is the number two most liked and number one most loved personality on Patnet. He has a way of saying things that would make anyone else look like a sick and twisted individual. I suspect he was hurt really bad by a realtor at sometime and it made him snap. I like him for his brutal honesty and succinct way of putting things in perspective.

Dan, at number three most liked has an orderly, well researched style that is often convincing. He sincerely seems to want to help people understand the truth. He is also in the top twenty most disliked.

Capshudup fourth most liked. I have liked him on many occasions but I am not sure he should be encouraged.

Politico? 121212? Who likes them so much?

Roberto is coming up fast. He is in the top twenty most liked on Patnet. I like him. If he could show some humility and have patience, or ignore, those he feels are his inferiors he would be better recognized for his investment decisions. In spite of his personality disorders we like him anyway.

Like ‘em or not you have to appreciate all of the characters on Patnet!

Most Liked Comments

Sort by time instead  
  1. marcus

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    201 threads
    7,386 comments

1   12:15pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (7)   Dislike (2)  

I would rather read almost anything the captainshuddupp or even zzxyzz says (although I've argued with both and probably put one or both on ignore at one time) than read the typical Thedaytoday's comment.

YEs on rare occasion I have gone off on someone when they crossed a line.

But TheDayToday is intentionally polluting the site, and accomplishing little more.

His politics are supposedly like mine, but I can't even believe that, considering how he conducts himself and how he cares far less than either of those guys how he is perceived.

THis is about 88%of what he's contributed to this one thread. There are many other threads where most of what he says is along similar lines.

Thedaytoday says

Sorry, no. He got most of his dislikes from being a hateful bigot and a racist.

It's terrific you find so much in common with such a hateful individual.

Thedaytoday says

Stay here where you are "THE" most "HATED" and "DISLIKED" pile of shit in existence. You could go over to NEWSBUSTERS or THEBLAZE

you will not.

So stay and be hated.

CptIdiot you are and always will be a racist and disgusting bigot.

The moment I find out where you work will be the day your boss receives the link to your profile here on Patnet.

Your filth needs to be exposed.

Thedaytoday says

I know your a piece of shit a liar a disgusting racist and a bigot.

Your a filthy fuck. Your reprehensible views have no place in the USA.

Move to the Vatican with the child molesters, they think like you.

Thedaytoday says

You should know you polluted it enough over the years with your filth.

Go find your strawman elsewhere CpTBIGOT!

Thedaytoday says

You see how stupid and delusional you are CPTBigot!

Do you get it?

Thedaytoday says

Defend this garbage EllieMAE

Thedaytoday says

Check this thread it's full of classic homophobic reactions from CptBigot

Thedaytoday says

Finally support for not letting slide his hateful intolerance towards anything that is not the same as himself

Thedaytoday says

Cpt, get lost! Your not welcome here.

Thedaytoday says

Oh fool its not fake. Your views are disgusting, fuck off.

Thedaytoday says

No your here to hate on everything that you fear

Thedaytoday says

How can you not! They are evil fucks!

Thedaytoday says

Your a hateful Bigot so ignore this.

Thedaytoday says

No , your an evil bigoted hateful fuck! Simple.

Taste, please!!! You have none. You spew shit from every orifice.

Thedaytoday says

I am sick of playing nice with these hateful individuals.

Forthood,Bap33, zzxyzz, CptIdiot, Softshell,CallHIMCrazy and others.

As if he did, even one time.

Thedaytoday says

I refuse to bury my head in the sand like these Repukes who live in a delusional reality of self.

Thedaytoday says

Ellie, while these filthy fucks continue to spew horrific bullshit here on PATNET, I will be here pointing it out.

Thedaytoday says

Leave! Nothing is fabricated , your views suck! and so do you.

I'm one of the supposed "liberals" around here, and from my pov there isn't a single republican on here that is as big a jerk as he is. This is saying a lot. (not to knock republicans as much as just pointing out that we have had some real right wing pieces of work around here including the captn and zzxyzz)

I would (put him on) ignore, but I can't believe he will be around here much longer anyway.

By theway the daytoday, I have about 20 people on ignore, many of whom aren't probably really around anymore under the same handle or IP. You should try it.

Unless the only reason you're here is because you really enjoy this kind of thing:

Thedaytoday says

thomaswong.1986 says

like so many libs who keep ignoring history...

YOU ARE A Fucking IDIOT , you know that right?

You cannot even hold a conversation, which is recommended that you read the other persons information. You really are not interested in conversation, you only want to be right.

Well, your wrong.

BALLOONS! YOU FOOL!

2. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    262 threads
    5,787 comments
    Davis, CA

2   1:55pm Mon 5 May 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (5)   Dislike  

Yeah what's up with the hate on EllieMae though? How can you look at those trusting eyes and panting anxiety to please and click dislike?

3. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,039 threads
    12,936 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

3   12:25pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike  

The Professor says

He probably got most of his dislikes from bad spelling.

I don't think that's the case.

Basically, if a person expresses an opinion in a subject that contradicts someone else's strong opinion on the subject, then the other person is likely to dislike the poster's post and, if the other person is very immature, all posts by that poster.

Personally, I don't dislike based on a person's opinion, but only if that person is being a deliberate troll, trying to piss off people or misrepresent the arguments of others. I like quite of few people who hold polar opposite opinions on subject matters than I do.

For example, I think that Christine O'Donnell is a very nice person. I wouldn't want her to have access to the nuclear codes because I think she's batshit crazy, but I like her as a person. And some of my best friends are assholes.

Furthermore, I think it's better to counter a person's opinion by stating why you disagree with the opinion. If you have a good reason for holding an opposing opinion, that reason is the best counter-argument you can make. If you don't have a good reason for holding an opposing opinion, then perhaps you should rethink your opinion.

4. Thedaytoday

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    530 comments

4   11:08am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

I just skip over 90% your bullshit, like it never happened.

Your a hateful Bigot so ignore this.

5. Thedaytoday

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    530 comments

5   11:14am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

leo707 says

CaptainShuddup says

Nice Forum you're running here Patrick.

Yes, I am sure that you do appreciate a forum in which you can use to politicize and joke about murdered children, and applaud when others *cough*--zzyzzx--*cough* make jokes about the murdered children being molested.

I am not a fan of the overboard insults dealt out by Thedaytoday, but he/she is a model of class and civility compared to the writings of you and zzyzzx. You two truly disgust me to the core.

Thank you.

6. Thedaytoday

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    530 comments

6   11:21am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

leo707 says

Oh, OK here is the very first post in the tread on Sandy Hook.

CaptainShuddup says

Another Liberal in a whacky blue state that hates kids.

Am I doing it right? Isn't that how it works? If this were Texas then it would be another crazy Republican that hates unions.

You posted this as the bodies were still being counted. Please, do tell in what context it was this OK to post? What was the greater context of the thread--with zero posts at that point--that I am missing? In what reality was it OK to politicize the tragedy before it was even over? I don't think that even FOX news was that classless.

Me thinks that you are just getting a bit frustrated because you said something incredibly crass and stupid, then you choose to back someone who made child molestation jokes about the kids murdered. Don't blame others for your own moral failings.

Here,here. He is filth.

7. KILLERJANE

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    12 threads
    600 comments

7   11:53am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (7)   Dislike (4)  

Everyone here bitches for the sake of it. Not many regulars here have much provocative ideas to add, they just whine about what is and argue the same points over and over till vomit do us part.

Go ahead 'dislike', whatever.

8. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (25)
    469 threads
    7,806 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

8   10:27am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike (2)  

Thedaytoday says

I know your a piece of shit a liar a disgusting racist and a bigot.

Your a filthy fuck. Your reprehensible views have no place in the USA.

Move to the Vatican with the child molesters, they think like you.

That post is so unbelievably offensive that I can't fathom why anyone would write it. If you are so angry, why don't you place him on your "ignore" list? Why would you allow your anger to elevate to the point that you want to report him to his employer? You have the power here - you might want to use it.

I might add that I find some of TPB's posts to be offensive, but others to be interesting. If I don't like what he says, I blow it off.

The Professor says

Elliemae in the top ten of most disliked? She seems like such a sweet person?

Seems like lately there's someone who "dislikes" every single post I make. That's what elevates me. That's too bad, because that means some crazy dude out there is going out of his way to stalk me on patnet. I suspect it's 12x3 and his multiple personalities.

I think I'm sweet, too. And my dog likes me. So some random person not liking me doesn't bother me - unless they become a nuisance in the real world.

Thedaytoday says

CptIdiot you are and always will be a racist and disgusting bigot. The moment I find out where you work will be the day your boss receives the link to your profile here on Patnet. Your filth needs to be exposed.

Like that. Wow - ignore him, dude!

9. Thedaytoday

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    530 comments

9   10:36am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

http://patrick.net/forum/?p=1221046

Check this thread it's full of classic homophobic reactions from CptBigot

10. Thedaytoday

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    530 comments

10   10:44am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

leo707 says

The Professor says

Capshudup fourth most liked. I have liked him on many occasions but I am not sure he should be encouraged.

Yes, I used to "like" Shuddup from time to time as well. However, he/she has lost all his/her charm for me, and currently I would not miss him/her a bit if he/she were to stop posting all together.

Finally support for not letting slide his hateful intolerance towards anything that is not the same as himself

11. Thedaytoday

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    530 comments

11   10:45am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Cpt, get lost! Your not welcome here.

12. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

12   10:45am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

The Professor says

Iwog is number 3 most disliked. Surprised? Not really. He sometimes epitomizes that class of people that would say. "Let them eat cake".

The Professor says

Roberto is coming up fast. He is in the top twenty most liked on Patnet. I like him.

For the most part I like Roberto, and Iwog as well. I think that while they do get crass from time to time most of their dislikes are because they have very unpopular opinions here on Pnet.

Unlike the unpopular opinions of the conservatives around here Iwog and Roberto often at least have data and facts that they base their opinions on, and while I don't always agree with their conclusions I can see when they made them.

13. Thedaytoday

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    530 comments

13   11:06am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (1)  

CaptainShuddup says

I'm not here for admiration.

No your here to hate on everything that you fear

14. Thedaytoday

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    530 comments

14   11:21am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

leo707 your the man. You get it.

15. Thedaytoday

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    530 comments

15   11:33am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

I'll leave if you post one thought provoking intelligent post, that isn't copied from the internet somewhere, or doesn't culminate with you calling names and lashing out at someone you don't know.

OK let's see what you got?

Just leave. Goto NEWSBUSTERs or THEBLAZE they agree with 100% of what Glenn Beck and Rush say. You will be at home.

16. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (25)
    469 threads
    7,806 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

16   11:42am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (1)  

leo707 says

I don't even "hate" them. I just have a strong dislike for them, and would never choose to associate with them in real life. I just think that they epitomize the decay that has eaten the Republican party rotten, and the selfishness that has caused the decline of the US.

Very well said. I don't know these people, so I don't know if I'd choose to associate with them in the real world. They probably aren't as vocal face-to-face as they are on the anonymous interwebs.

Thedaytoday says

leave! CptBigot.

Seriously, dude. He's probably not going anywhere, and all you are doing is drawing attention to his posts. Thedaytoday says

your not funny.

My "not funny what?"
    Thedaytoday says

The Cpt gets exactly what he deserves.

If you mean that he deserves the attention that you are giving to him, thereby providing him with a larger audience, I believe that this is the opposite of what you are attempting to say in your incessant personal attacks on him.

We're running around in circles here. But you might want to change your approach. It doesn't appear to be accomplishing your goals.

CaptainShuddup says

FTR I've never disliked Ellie ever!

Thanks, Cap'n. I'm surprised, but once again I do suspect that there are some people out there that "dislike" nearly all my posts, mostly because they can't tell the difference between disliking the message and disliking the poster.

Have a nice day, guys. I've got clients piling up.

17. Thedaytoday

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    530 comments

17   11:47am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

Rolls eyes.

This would all matter if you guys weren't such Hippocrates.

It was just yesterday Hitler Reid was ragging on Florida, and how I fit right in. blah blah blah.

Tell me, where to you guys send your rage out to get it painted after you fabricate it?

Leave! Nothing is fabricated , your views suck! and so do you.

18. Thedaytoday

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    530 comments

18   11:47am Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

elliemae says

I've got clients piling up.

Ooh an Orgy!

Cptfilth implies that elliemae is a prostitute.

Exactly what we expect from your filthy disgusting mouth.

19. marcus

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    201 threads
    7,386 comments

19   3:54pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Thedaytoday says

Really Marcus? Really.

Yes really.

I hadn't seen that one, but I have seen equally stupid things CaptainShuddup has said, and I have responded to them sometimes. But not (usually)by calling him names. OR maybe I should say, only very occasionally calling him names.

Part of it is that he takes an idea that he maybe believes in a way, but then expresses it in an absurdly over the top way to make the point (and also to troll the liberals). At the same time sometimes he is almost intentionally an idiot in some ways that aren't going to change. He thinks of it as an art form, and feels that it makes him unique and special.

He is like you (but to a lessor degree) in that he doesn't care very much what you think. Actually you only ostensibly don't care. If you really didn't care, you wouldn't react so emotionally every fricken time.

But if what he says really does seem absurd to you (as your CptnSDup quote does to me) then you have many options., such as.

1) Ignore that comment, or use the ignore feature all together.

2) Think of a logical or creative way of either pointing out in a serious way the absurdity of what they are saying or perhaps use sarcasm to show what the consequence of agreeing with them would mean.

3) Express your view of what they are talking about, without allowing yourself to be so easily trolled. This is an excercise in controlling your emotions (an important adult skill).

OFten times you can see the little nugget of something that is the cause of his belief, even if it is exaggerated, and you can point out the flaw.

For example, if people do indeed sometimes abuse welfare or food stamps, ...

1) What percentage is it ?

2) Are there also many people benefiting, given our current economy and low paying service jobs and so on.

3) Is his claim true that poor immigrants routinely come here and do better than college educated white people here ?

4) At this time with unemployment and underemployemnt as high as it is, the idea that liberals only support so called safety nets because they intentionally want to create a dependent class large enough to guarantee future elections is so obviously absurd.

COuld it be that policies of the past thirty years of income redistribution upward have created the current conditions of low income people that require additional support if we aren't going to embrace shanty town type poverty of the third world?

I could go on, but the fact is that right wingers attribute the most absurd causality to their observations. In some cases, this simply because of authoritarian personality type, and or talk radio, and or living amongst too high a number of relatively monotone under educated racists.

But that isn't their fault.

edit: I meant monochrome - but monotone kind of works too.

20. marcus

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    201 threads
    7,386 comments

20   4:30pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Does the term "narcissistic personality disorder" mean anything to you ?

Premium member The Professor is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 101 milliseconds to create.