Like Dislike Ignore

By The Professor   Follow   Wed, 23 Jan 2013, 9:26am   6,702 views   221 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (7)  

Most Disliked
http://patrick.net/users.php?ob=dislikes&d=desc

I like capshudup even though he is the most disliked on Patnet. He probably got most of his dislikes from bad spelling.

Callitcrazy but conservatives with strong opinions are not well liked around here.

Iwog is number 3 most disliked. Surprised? Not really. He sometimes epitomizes that class of people that would say. "Let them eat cake".

Elliemae in the top ten of most disliked? She seems like such a sweet person?

Keep trying Roberto. At number 11 you are quickly moving to the top ten most disliked. Personally I find your rages quite entertaining. Your feud with underwaterdude, however, is getting kind of old.

Vulgarity, inanity, strong opinions to the extremes, bad grammar, scanning down the most disliked I can see why many of them are up there.

http://patrick.net/users.php?ob=likes&d=desc

Iwog is the number one most liked personality on Patnet. He has a ratio of one like for each 3.5 posts he made. Strangely bipolar rentier/liberal at times it is difficult to see where he is coming from. I like him on occasion. He is entertaining but at times a bit vulgar.

Speaking of vulgarity; Apocalypse is the number two most liked and number one most loved personality on Patnet. He has a way of saying things that would make anyone else look like a sick and twisted individual. I suspect he was hurt really bad by a realtor at sometime and it made him snap. I like him for his brutal honesty and succinct way of putting things in perspective.

Dan, at number three most liked has an orderly, well researched style that is often convincing. He sincerely seems to want to help people understand the truth. He is also in the top twenty most disliked.

Capshudup fourth most liked. I have liked him on many occasions but I am not sure he should be encouraged.

Politico? 121212? Who likes them so much?

Roberto is coming up fast. He is in the top twenty most liked on Patnet. I like him. If he could show some humility and have patience, or ignore, those he feels are his inferiors he would be better recognized for his investment decisions. In spite of his personality disorders we like him anyway.

Like ‘em or not you have to appreciate all of the characters on Patnet!

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 142-181 of 221     Next »     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

142   2:40pm Thu 24 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

@ellie,
    this new nerd turd poster is trying for a particular persona, and obviously it (the persona) must hate femanine personas too. It must be an important perst of the super educated, hertophobic liberal persona the poster is trying for. I would not take anything posted by this persona seriously. It's an obvious joke or ploy.

@CptnShudup,
    In America those like you come against on here have chosen bellum internecinum for all that do not agree with them. Load heavy.

2. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

143   2:41pm Thu 24 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

The Professor says

Callitcrazy but conservatives with strong opinions are not well liked around
    here.

really, this should be in the Patrick hall of fame too.

3. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,463 comments
    Monterey, CA

144   3:35pm Thu 24 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Thedaytoday says

elliemae says

Thedaytoday says

For your information I am extremely well educated, I graduated with two bachelors before I was 21, a masters before I was 24 and even higher qualifications before I was 30.

"Higher qualifications?" Is that another way of saying "Would you like fries with that?"

Comprehension is obviously not one of your qualifications. Reading is a prerequisite for comprehension

Can you read:

I said: "even higher qualifications"

You have and always will misquote and misguide this forum. You do this on a regular basis.

You're RealtorsAreLiars/LiarWatch/DarrellinPhoenix..., aren't you? I take it that this is your new, none RE character for PC trolling.

4. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (25)
    464 threads
    7,745 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

145   10:23pm Thu 24 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike (2)  

"Even higher qualifications" would have mattered if you were referring to something you need to be qualified for... such as a job, or the Miss America Pagent.

But here, in patnet world, your degrees don't matter to us. What would matter is something awesome, such as the ability to effectively communicate your thoughts. You're falling short of this goal in a dramatic fashion.

By the way, "comprehension" isn't a qualification. It's the "capacity of the mind to perceive and understand; power to grasp ideas..." (Dictionary.com). Based on your posts, you are severely lacking in this area - so I believe that I'm speaking for many of us when I say that you might want to change the resume if you've listed it as one of your qualifications.

Frankly, I'm flattered that you've become such a fan of mine that you believe you possess direct knowledge of my ability to "misquote" and "misguide" this forum. Seeing as how I quoted you directly without editorializing, a better description of my abilities might be that I possess the ability to select & quote in such a unique way that you get a little turned on.

C'mon, you know that you do. Probably on a regular basis.

And that can be counted as a qualification. I'm pretty sure of it.

5. Thedaytoday

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    530 comments

146   5:47pm Fri 25 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (3)  

Very Last word.

6. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

147   7:15pm Fri 25 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (3)  

elliemae says

But here, in patnet world, your degrees don't matter to us. What would matter is something awesome, such as the ability to effectively communicate your thoughts. You're falling short of this goal in a dramatic fashion.

Ignore really does work.

Since thedaytoday put his "last word" in I have decided to ignore his persona.

His persona was vile. Often profane and adds little to the debate.

I appreciate someone who can debate me, try to persuade me, and show me the error of my ways. Attack my stupid ideas and clear me of my ignorance. Don't call me a stupid A-hole without providing convincing evidence.

7. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,463 comments
    Monterey, CA

148   7:42pm Fri 25 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

The Professor says

elliemae says

Ignore really does work.

Since thedaytoday put his "last word" in I have decided to ignore his persona.

His persona was vile. Often profane and adds little to the debate.

I appreciate someone who can debate me, try to persuade me, and show me the error of my ways. Attack my stupid ideas and clear me of my ignorance. Don't call me a stupid A-hole without providing convincing evidence.

No, you don't. You simply delete posts that show you to be wrong as evidenced by your ridiculous 9/11 thread.

8. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

149   9:04pm Fri 25 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (3)  

Bigsby says

No, you don't. You simply delete posts that show you to be wrong as evidenced by your ridiculous 9/11 thread.

And you, Mr Bigsby, just like to argue. I have not ignored you because on occasion you have something interesting to say, you are not vulgar, and... and... you're a good speller.

9. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,463 comments
    Monterey, CA

150   9:08pm Fri 25 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

The Professor says

Bigsby says

And you, Mr Bigsby, just like to argue. I have not ignored you because on occasion you have something interesting to say, you are not vulgar, and... and... you're a good speller.

I don't like to argue. I just don't like bullshit to pass. The simple truth is you set up a new 9/11 thread after one had already been done to death so that you could repeat your points from the former whilst also being able to delete those posts that showed you to be wrong. You did this with abandon.

10. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (25)
    464 threads
    7,745 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

151   10:59pm Fri 25 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

The Professor says

Ignore really does work.

Yea, but I was having fun.

11. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

152   9:11am Sat 26 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Bigsby says

you set up a new 9/11 thread after one had already been done to death so that you could repeat your points from the former whilst also being able to delete those posts that showed you to be wrong.

Mr Bigsby,

I do not recall you "show"ing me wrong on the 911 thread. I don't remember you posting any convincing evidence. Please post any proof you have to the appropriate discussion.

Thanks

12. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,463 comments
    Monterey, CA

153   1:57pm Sat 26 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

The Professor says

Mr Bigsby,

I do not recall you "show"ing me wrong on the 911 thread. I don't remember you posting any convincing evidence. Please post any proof you have to the appropriate discussion.

Thanks

Then you have a very poor memory. Your stark errors were pointed out by a good number of posters. It would be difficult to post the proof from your thread as you deleted it all, but people just need to go to the original 9/11 thread and see what people posted in response to you. You're one of those tin foil hat conspiracy believers (controlled demolitions FFS) who no matter what evidence they are shown continue to hold on desperately to their beliefs. As your arguments became more laughable and repetitive I recall you changed your name to The Professor, presumably in an effort to try and instill your arguments with a sense of gravitas. It didn't work.

13. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

154   2:06pm Sat 26 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Bigsby says

I recall you changed your name to The Professor, presumably to try and instill your arguments with a sense of gravitas. It didn't work.

As I recall, your posts led me to the moniker of "The Professor".

Please post your "proof" at the appropriate forum. Thanks

14. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,463 comments
    Monterey, CA

155   2:13pm Sat 26 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

My posts led you to The professor moniker? How exactly do you figure that?

You're just a 9/11 conspiracy quack who has now posted that ridiculous image how many times exactly? And which thread is the appropriate one? The one where you can delete any responses that refute your views or the one where the arguments have already been done to death? I imagine you are probably just looking for yet another opportunity to post exactly the same images and videos from your go to crackpot conspiracy websites that you have already done multiple times. Count me out from your mind numbing stupidity.

15. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

156   2:38pm Sat 26 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Bigsby says

The one where you can delete any responses that refute your views or the one where the arguments have already been done to death?

I could delete your comments here.

Go ahead see if you can refute my views and see if I delete them. I just keep posting that image because it disproves your "theory" and you cannot refute it.

16. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,463 comments
    Monterey, CA

157   3:17pm Sat 26 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

The Professor says

Bigsby says

The one where you can delete any responses that refute your views or the one where the arguments have already been done to death?

I could delete your comments here.

Go ahead see if you can refute my views and see if I delete them. I just keep posting that image because it disproves your "theory" and you cannot refute it.

You make my point for me. Why should I give even more oxygen to your conspiracy theories? Pretty much everything has already been covered in the original 9/11 thread and yet here you are trying to kickstart it once again in a completely unrelated thread. Why not just go back and reread that thread, or do you, perhaps, simply want to have a rerun of the thing that seems to get your juices flowing the most? You'll have to forgive me for not wanting another run through of your conspiracy website go to videos. Enough brain cells died watching the videos/reading your posts last time.
    And no, that image doesn't disprove the facts (or my theory as you put it). That image, where it came from, and how ridiculous it is has already been explained to you multiple times. If you choose to ignore that because it doesn't confirm your bias, then that is your prerogative.

17. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

158   6:09pm Sat 26 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Bigsby I got about half way through your message before I heard blah blah blah. I scanned ahead and saw something about dieing brain cells and thought I better stop reading.

I pretty much moved on from the wtc demolitions; tragedy though it was.

18. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

159   7:19pm Sat 26 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (4)  

The Professor says

I got about half way through your message before I heard blah blah blah

said every husband to himself about his wife at least once

19. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,463 comments
    Monterey, CA

160   7:30pm Sat 26 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

The Professor says

Which is presumably why you posted up that image yet again. Moving on indeed.

20. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

161   9:33pm Sat 26 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

.Bigsby says

The Professor says

I posted it for you Bigsby. I thought we bonded over our 911 debate?

I like that image. It shows how a building can destroy itself.

21. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,463 comments
    Monterey, CA

162   11:21pm Sat 26 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

The Professor says

.Bigsby says

The Professor says

I posted it for you Bigsby. I thought we bonded over our 911 debate?

I like that image. It shows how a building can destroy itself.

It shows you aren't a professor if nothing else.

22. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

163   11:58pm Sat 26 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

Bigsby says

Oh Yeah!

Well maybe your not Bigsby either!

23. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,463 comments
    Monterey, CA

164   12:14am Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

The Professor says

Bigsby says

Oh Yeah!

Well maybe your not Bigsby either!

Correct, I'm not, but you did claim to be a professor in the 9/11 thread...

24. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

165   12:25am Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Most Ignored
    http://patrick.net/users.php?ob=ignoredby&d=desc

Number one on the list is Apocalypse. Some people just can't handle his kind of wisdom.

Once again CapShudup makes the top ten. He really gets a reaction.

How did Dan make the top 10?

All 3 of the people I ignore are in the top twenty. This unnamed trio is obnoxious, combative, and annoying. They hurl personal attacks and will never admit to being wrong.

Also never wrong, in the top twenty most ignored, and noteworthy for their anoyingness is Bigsby at number 7, Roberto at number 14, and Iwog at 19 (Barely made the top 20 Iwog). I would not ignore these three because they are often entertaining and occasionally educational. Just don't try to change their minds. They are so smart that your own ignorance may force you to ignore them.

25. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,463 comments
    Monterey, CA

166   1:34am Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

The Professor says

Most Ignored

http://patrick.net/users.php?ob=ignoredby&d=desc

Number one on the list is Apocalypse. Some people just can't handle his kind of wisdom.

Once again CapShudup makes the top ten. He really gets a reaction.

How did Dan make the top 10?

All 3 of the people I ignore are in the top twenty. This unnamed trio is obnoxious, combative, and annoying. They hurl personal attacks and will never admit to being wrong.

Also never wrong, in the top twenty most ignored, and noteworthy for their anoyingness is Bigsby at number 7, Roberto at number 14, and Iwog at 19 (Barely made the top 20 Iwog). I would not ignore these three because they are often entertaining and occasionally educational. Just don't try to change their minds. They are so smart that your own ignorance may force you to ignore them.

So what? 11 of those came as a consequence of my flame war with DarrellinPhoenix (and his numerous aliases) over the space of a couple of days. Before he appeared on the scene, I hadn't been put on ignore by anyone. Number 12 is Underwaterman, which needs no explanation.

And I'm perfectly happy to change my mind. I do so frequently, but posting daft images and videos from conspiracy websites is not generally the way to change someone's mind if they have any kind of critical thinking skills. You claim to be a professor, so you should understand that, or are you now admitting you were telling a porkie pie in that regard?

26. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

167   9:42am Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

I'm still a professor Bigsby. I have been teaching computer science, applications, and programming at the college level for almost 25 years now.

I know I never convinced you against the official conspiracy story around 9/11. We'll have to let history decide. Remember for many decades the official story was that the Spaniards blew up the Maine which launched our colonial excursions into Cuba and the Phillipines.

Time tells truths that now will never know.

27. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

168   9:47am Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Bigsby says

And I'm perfectly happy to change my mind. I do so frequently, but posting daft images and videos from conspiracy websites is not generally the way to change someone's mind if they have any kind of critical thinking skills.

Here is another "daft image" from a conspiracy website. Do you recognize this one? It shows how a building can destroy itself.

28. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (25)
    464 threads
    7,745 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

169   10:08am Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

Just curious, when did this 9/11 conspiracy convo happen? This argument isn't about that conversation, it's about someone's panties being in a knot.

Bap33 says

The Professor says

I got about half way through your message before I heard blah blah blah

said every husband to himself about his wife at least once

Ya'll have no idea what we're thinking, tho. :)

29. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,463 comments
    Monterey, CA

170   10:40am Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

The Professor says

Bigsby says

And I'm perfectly happy to change my mind. I do so frequently, but posting daft images and videos from conspiracy websites is not generally the way to change someone's mind if they have any kind of critical thinking skills.

Here is another "daft image" from a conspiracy website. Do you recognize this one? It shows how a building can destroy itself.

Yes, I recognize it as you are again posting the same stuff that has already been posted a number of times before. And as before, you seem to have totally failed to take note of the rather glaring differences between the Bazant image and your 9/11 conspiracy theory one, 'professor.'
    And your moving on from all this doesn't seem to have lasted very long, has it?

30. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

171   12:23pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

Bigsby says

You brought 9/11 up Bigs!

Bigsby says

you seem to have totally failed to take note of the rather glaring differences between the Bazant image and your 9/11 conspiracy theory one

Can you even agree that the official story is a theory?

In the Bazant theory, and image, the towers never completely collapse. Newtons laws can't be violated.

Bigsby says

Bigsby, I really do not want to rehash this all here. Can we agree to leave it to history and evaluate the new evidence as it is revealed? Unless you want to discuss this

on this
    http://patrick.net/forum/?p=1217700

Otherwise, just let it go. Thanks.

31. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (25)
    464 threads
    7,745 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

172   12:41pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

I tried watching that clip and it got stuck at 2:32 mins.

2+3+2= 7

In numerology, the expression number "7" means:
    "You are gifted with an analytical mind and an enormous appetite for the answers to life's hidden questions. "

That's from one numerology site. However, another one owned by someone who can't spell worth a shit says it's more about the spiritual and threw out a bunch of words like "chakra" in an attempt to impress me... then they wished me a "Woderful day." (hey - at least they spelled "day" correctly). But these two numerologists disagree with each other, and I'm thinking someone got to one of them in order to have me thrown off the scent.

Please note that I would provide links to these sites, but I truly don't give a shit and will now pour myself a glass of wine. Is it a conspiracy that I've been driven to drink at 1:30p? Hmmm...

32. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

173   1:08pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

elliemae says

I tried watching that clip and it got stuck at 2:32 mins.

2+3+2= 7

In numerology, the expression number "7" means:

"You are gifted with an analytical mind and an enormous appetite for the answers to life's hidden questions. "

I am certain that the video sticking is a conspiracy. The oligarchical technocracy (Or is it technocratic oligarchy? I get confused) does not want you to see the evidence of the truth. Instead they just want you to take your SOMA (Wine in your case) and watch reality TV.

But seriously, if the government did not have evil factions there would not be conspiracy theories.

I want to go back to sleep now, forget my history, and live in a world where America is good and strong, the bastion of democracy fighting for a free world where the terrorist (boogie man) cannot hurt us.

33. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

174   1:16pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

The Professor says

Instead they just want you to take your SOMA (Wine in your case) and watch reality TV.

For you in the Generations that have not read Huxleys "Brave New World" SOMA is The imaginary "ideal pleasure drug" in Aldous Huxley's 1932 Novel. Its chemistry and pharmacology are undefined. As described, the drug resembles a hangoverless tranquilliser or an opiate.

http://www.huxley.net/soma/somaquote.html

34. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (25)
    464 threads
    7,745 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

175   2:13pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

The Professor says

I am certain that the video sticking is a conspiracy.

You know I was just yanking your chain, right? All of the sudden this thread became about whether or not you are a liar, rather than the childish name calling by a poster...

Oops - I guess we stole the original thread a while back so I have absolutely no room to talk. And yet I can't shut up.

It's a conspiracy!!!

35. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

176   2:23pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

elliemae says

And yet I can't shut up.

It's a conspiracy!!!

It's only a conspiracy if criminal acts were planned. Keep talking your voice is not criminal (yet).

elliemae says

All of the sudden this thread became about whether or not you are a liar

Really? When did that happen?

Truth be told, I am only a college instructor. I do not have a Phd. Having said that, my students call me professor, Bigsby calls me professor, all of Patnet knows me as "The Professor", and I profess to know a lot about computers and history.

No lie, I am The Professor. Or was their some other lie?

36. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

177   2:25pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

elliemae says

You know I was just yanking your chain, right?

I know, and I think I like it.

37. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (25)
    464 threads
    7,745 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

178   3:20pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

The Professor says

elliemae says

All of the sudden this thread became about whether or not you are a liar

Really? When did that happen?

I didn't say that you are a liar - and my use of the word "liar" was incorrect. Actually, Bigsby used the words "biased" and "wrong." I have no opinion on those either, and I stopped reading that conversation. Hell, he might even have called you a poopy head for all that I know (again, I gots no opinion).

The thing about conspiracy theories is that most of the time they're hard to prove, and even harder to disprove. IMHO, as long as they cast some doubt on the subject, they can't be proven or disproven. I've read some of the 9/11 theories and while I don't believe them, I don't disbelieve them either. I don't know what to believe but I don't spend a lot of time on it either.

Truth be told, I have no problem with you or whether or not you are an actual "Professor." Silly me, though - I just looked up the description of "professor" and you meet it.

The Professor says

I do not have a Phd.

BS = Bullshit
    MS = More Shit
    Ph.D = Piled higher & deeper

Some of the most highly educated people I've met (3 Ph.D's and years of experience in their field) are dumb as sand in other area and possess no common sense.

The Professor says to Bigsby

you're a good speller.

I are to. It hirtz thet yew dint say sew.

38. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,463 comments
    Monterey, CA

179   4:20pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

elliemae says

Truth be told, I have no problem with you or whether or not you are an actual "Professor." Silly me, though - I just looked up the description of "professor" and you meet it.

Not in Europe, and I was under the impression that even in the US, university teachers need to hold a PhD to be referred to as a professor.

elliemae says

The thing about conspiracy theories is that most of the time they're hard to prove, and even harder to disprove.

Only in the sense that those who believe in them are so invested that no amount of evidence is likely to change their opinion. That isn't the same as being 'even harder to disprove.'

39. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

180   5:32pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

elliemae says

I've read some of the 9/11 theories and while I don't believe them, I don't disbelieve them either. I don't know what to believe but I don't spend a lot of time on it either.

Their have been conspiracies ever since 2 men plotted to take a lone hunters kill...

I don't spend much time on conspiracies either. I just found out about the 3rd WTC tower collapsing last year here on Patnet and never would have found out about it had I not been researching the housing market.

When you get down to it it is all a conspiracy. Shadow inventory, TARP, HAARP, AARP, silver manipulation, second amendment elimination, Ron Paul, Obama, Bush, the Clintons,... where do the conspiracies end?

It is said, "Choose your battles".

I have a life and a dog, a family and a job, and hobbies!

I am not going to devote my life to figuring out who killed JFK.

40. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    47 threads
    2,182 comments
    Premium

181   5:35pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

Bigsby says

Only in the sense that those who believe in them are so invested that no amount of evidence is likely to change their opinion.

Yep.

« First     « Previous comments     Next comments »     Last »

Premium member The Professor is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 171 milliseconds to create.