« previous   misc   next »

Growing numbers of Valley residents want walkable neighborhoods

By tvgnus   Follow   Wed, 23 Jan 2013, 3:51am PST   573 views   4 comments   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=22711

Prefer their homes to be near their jobs •  :We need to end sprawling development patterns If a student released Wednesday by a nonprofit that promotes in-fill development pans out, living in the eight counties of the San Joaquin could look surprisingly different by mid-century.

Comments 1-4 of 4     Last »

Ceffer   befriend   ignore   Wed, 23 Jan 2013, 4:06am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 1

What, they don't like the "runnable neighborhoods" where you have to keep moving fast to avoid the knifers and muggers?

Typical California ingrates.

New Renter   befriend   ignore   Wed, 23 Jan 2013, 4:37am PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 2

I want my neighborhood to be walkable but my 4000 sqft single story SFR to be on at LEAST a three acres of private land. A man needs his privacy after all. So I'm afraid its tiny stacked condos force everyone else...

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Wed, 23 Jan 2013, 7:56am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 3

The whole "walkable neighborhood" thing seems like a fad. Once you've been to the local bars and restaurants so many times and put up with your annoying neighbors above, below, and to either side of you for so long, you will be desperate for a house on a nice sized lot with space and privacy, which you aren't going to find in a "walkable neighborhood".

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   befriend   ignore   Wed, 23 Jan 2013, 8:48am PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 4

This will disappear as a trend when people realize they need arable land for yams that they can defend with limited ordnance.

Email (Required, will not be visible)

Username (Just pick a name if you're new)

Watch comments by email

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net