Growing numbers of Valley residents want walkable neighborhoods

By tvgnus   Follow   Wed, 23 Jan 2013, 11:51am   438 views   4 comments
In Menlo Park CA 94025   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=22711

Prefer their homes to be near their jobs •  :We need to end sprawling development patterns If a student released Wednesday by a nonprofit that promotes in-fill development pans out, living in the eight counties of the San Joaquin could look surprisingly different by mid-century.

Viewing Comments 1-4 of 4     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Ceffer

Follow
    Befriend
    18 threads
    3,619 comments
    Berkeley, CA

1   12:06pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

What, they don't like the "runnable neighborhoods" where you have to keep moving fast to avoid the knifers and muggers?

Typical California ingrates.

2. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    6,534 comments
    San Jose, CA

2   12:37pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

I want my neighborhood to be walkable but my 4000 sqft single story SFR to be on at LEAST a three acres of private land. A man needs his privacy after all. So I'm afraid its tiny stacked condos force everyone else...

3. wave9x

Follow
    Befriend
    12 threads
    159 comments

3   3:56pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

The whole "walkable neighborhood" thing seems like a fad. Once you've been to the local bars and restaurants so many times and put up with your annoying neighbors above, below, and to either side of you for so long, you will be desperate for a house on a nice sized lot with space and privacy, which you aren't going to find in a "walkable neighborhood".

4. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    411 threads
    11,944 comments

4   4:48pm Wed 23 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

This will disappear as a trend when people realize they need arable land for yams that they can defend with limited ordnance.

tvgnus is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 50 milliseconds to create.