If the Whales had won, there wouldn't even Be a housing crisis--try the book!! (Advertisement)

N.J. men sue Subway, claim they've been shorted on footlong sandwiches

By Dan8267   Follow   Fri, 25 Jan 2013, 11:21am   257 views   2 comments
In Boca Raton FL 33433   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2013/01/nj_men_sue_subway_claim_theyve.html

Two New Jersey men sued Subway this week, claiming the world's biggest fast-food chain has been shorting them by selling so-called footlong sandwiches that measure a bit less than 12 inches.

In related news, women everywhere have started suing New Jersey men claiming that accurate measurements were substantially less than advertised.

Viewing Comments 1-2 of 2     Last »     See most liked comments

1. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    624 threads
    8,866 comments

1   12:17pm Fri 25 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

This would be a small victory. I don't know what happened but in the last 10-20 years. Companies can make almost what ever claims they want about a product. And with the politicizing on portion control, our measurement standards have taken a back seat. As long as we can razz Fattie the fat fuck, fucking fat ass.

But hey we don't don't care dickall that a company gives you 3 ounces when a package says it's a pound of product. Or 10.5 ounces of beer, when the standard has always been 12 oz, and you don't notice the change until one day you get your magnifying glass out to read that iddy biddy label that says 10.6 ounces.

Advertisers are getting way out of hand. I would bet corporations have far less lawyers than they used to, working in their Marketing department to make sure what they claim is fact or doesn't pose a liability for them.

2. epitaph

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    12 threads
    325 comments

2   2:23pm Fri 25 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I'd sue them on the grounds that meat isn't a condiment. It is an essential component of any sandwich, and I expect at least half an inch of it, not this 4 of the thinnest slices you have ever seen delicately placed on top of a giant fist full of lettuce.

Dan8267 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 36 milliseconds to create.