Rich people talk about their homes: "They are too big!"

By Goran_K   Follow   Fri, 25 Jan 2013, 12:17pm   415 views   3 comments
In Irvine CA 92614   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I can't wait to read Apocalypsefuck's contribution to this:

http://observer.com/2013/01/when-your-townhouse-is-actually-too-big/

"We have a living room and two guest bedrooms that we never use."

"Especially as people get older, they tend to just use the first three floors."

"The kids go to boarding school, and the parents end up living in the kitchen, the dining room and the den."

"We have a client in Carroll Gardens who is very concerned with how many footsteps it will take to go from the garden to the top level."

He laughed, admitting that his 4,500-square foot house was, in fact, a little large for his family of four.
"I realized I hadn't been up to my library in six months."

"My wife pointed out that neither of us had been to the parlor in the last three [months]."

"I haven't been [to that floor of my house] in a couple of years."

"Prized possessions, like a beloved boat sculpture, were stranded in neglected corners."

"And the only person who goes to the sixth floor is the maid.

Incredible. Really.

Viewing Comments 1-3 of 3     Last »     See most liked comments

1. rufita11

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    19 threads
    316 comments
    San Ramon, CA

1   12:45pm Fri 25 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I went to visit a friend in Germany whose mother lives on her family estate with two employees. It consisted of a huge, strangely laid out old mansion, a tree farm, a small train to get supplies from different areas of the land, and a hotel. I went to use one of the bathrooms and got lost on my way back to my room. I had to actually call out for help. Trick house.

2. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

2   1:10pm Fri 25 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

rufita11 says

I went to visit a friend in Germany whose mother lives on her family estate with two employees. It consisted of a huge, strangely laid out old mansion, a tree farm, a small train to get supplies from different areas of the land, and a hotel. I went to use one of the bathrooms and got lost on my way back to my room. I had to actually call out for help. Trick house.

Nothing says rich like a small train.

3. EBGuy

Follow
    Befriend
    5 threads
    2,484 comments

3   3:47pm Fri 25 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Incredible. Really.
    All the more offensive if it occurs in California with a home that has a low Prop 13 tax basis.

Goran_K is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 32 milliseconds to create.