It is now illegal to unlock your cellphone-regulations gone wild.

By lostand confused   Follow   Sat, 26 Jan 2013, 8:07am   196 views   1 comment
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://news.yahoo.com/now-illegal-unlock-cellphone-005604572--abc-news-tech.html

You likely have a cellphone that you bought from a carrier, like AT&T, Verizon or Sprint, and that phone only works on that carrier's cellular and data network -- unless you "unlock" it. That is a software process that allows the phone to work on other carriers if you put in a new SIM card or want to take the phone to another carrier for service. If that sounds complicated to you and like something you wouldn't bother with, then today's news won't matter to you. But if that's something you've done before or have thought about doing, then you...

Viewing Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »     See most liked comments

1. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,003 threads
    12,486 comments

1   9:23am Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Meanwhile I feel like third whirld terd, every time I travel abroad.
    And see folks from Austrailia lining up at a queue to buy a cheap sims card, to put in their phone from Australia while traveling abroad. While I feel like putz having to buy a cheap Bobo phone to hold me over until I travel back to the good ole Gulag of America.

lostand confused is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 24 milliseconds to create.