Real estate gurus back again?

By lostand confused   Follow   Sun, 27 Jan 2013, 7:49pm   406 views   6 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Here is a guy having one of the mass real estate events in Los Angeles. He even offers the chance to win a house just for attending the event!! Looks like we never had the crash at all. All aboard the FED bubble train!! Choo Choo..

http://www.deanscaevent.com/v18c/

Viewing Comments 1-6 of 6     Last »     See most liked comments

1. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

1   8:40pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

lostand confused says

mass real estate events in Los Angeles

LA... what do you expect.. its always been like that !

2. Raw

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    694 comments

2   9:07pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

chanakya4773 says

I have never been to such conferences for obvious reasons.

I am curious though : whats the underlying motive of these people who give these FREE conferences. how do they milk money off of the attendees given that the conference is free ?

They entice you to spend thousands on get rich quick schemes. If you don't have self control don't go, otherwise they can be fun.

3. Raw

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    694 comments

3   9:22pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

chanakya4773 says

Raw says

They entice you to spend thousands on get rich quick schemes. If you don't have self control don't go, otherwise they can be fun.

As far as self control in these kind of things is concerned, Nature has been extremely generous when it wired me. May be i should check out some of these in my spare time just for fun.

Sure, why not.
    I'm going to one where they provide a nice dinner in a very nice restaurant. Just pretend to be a sucker.

4. Raw

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    694 comments

4   9:27pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

chanakya4773 says

Raw says

Sure, why not.

I'm going to one where they provide a nice dinner in a very nice restaurant. Just pretend to be a sucker.

Given the advantage i have in terms of self control and rationality, i should make attending these my hobby...why not enjoy free perks ;-)

The cheap bastards don't provide wine. They need you to be sober to make sure you buy their crap.

5. Raw

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    694 comments

5   10:21pm Sun 27 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

chanakya4773 says

just checked ..There is not even one venue in bay area..

I got an invitation for 4 people at the "Catch" right by Angel statium in Anaheim. I'll scan and post it here. They gotta have them in the Bay area.

6. bmwman91

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    40 threads
    1,539 comments

6   4:21am Mon 28 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Raw says

Oh man, yeah. Years ago I got "invited" to a World Financial Group seminar. I was originally told that it was a seminar for people to learn about financial planning and I was hoping that it would be useful for figuring out ways to pay down my student loans faster or something. Well, it was in fact just a big old pyramid scheme. I'd never before seen so many cheesy suits and sharp smiles in one place. They had an "office" that was pretty obviously staged, and all of the rooms had name placards on them. Nobody was there, because "they make so much money, they took the rest of the year off."

I forget what exactly they were selling, but you had to pay like $500 up front to join and you could then "invest" with them. And of course, you could then con others into joining and get a cut of their fee and "investments." I was like 20 or something at the time and it was pretty obvious. The lead douchebag was trying to pressure me into signing my life away in front of the rest of the room because I was showing some hesitation and I eventually told him to stick the application letter up his ass and I walked out. He must have been pissed, because most of the rest of the room decided to bail once the peer pressure was broken.

Looking back though, and as you say, it could be fun. I could see having some laughs going to various MLM/pyramid recruiting and heckling the recruiters and spoiling that evening's crop of sheep.

lostand confused is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 84 milliseconds to create.