Homeowner Joke

By FortWayne   Follow   Mon, 28 Jan 2013, 1:33pm   480 views   5 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

The homeowner got into his grubbiest clothes on Saturday morning and set about all the chores he'd been putting off for weeks.

He'd cleaned the garage, pruned the hedge, and was halfway through mowing the lawn when a woman pulled up in the driveway and yelled out her window, "Say, what do you get for yard work?"

The fellow thought for a minute, then answered, "The lady who lives here, lets me sleep with her."

Viewing Comments 1-5 of 5     Last »     See most liked comments

1. KILLERJANE

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    12 threads
    600 comments

1   1:53pm Mon 28 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Ha ha ha...that sums it up. Don't forget about the hot meal and coffee.

2. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    805 threads
    10,657 comments

2   8:12am Tue 29 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

There's an old saying if you want a repair to last for another 10 years, then buy a new replacement. If you want a repair to last for ever then use duct tape.

The ugliest, gerry rigged make shift repairs always last for as long as the house is still standing. Where as new materials for a repair always has a timed expiration date.

3. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    159 threads
    5,325 comments

3   8:48am Tue 29 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

I bet a lot of that has to do with all the cheap materials used these days. Cardboard and plywood just doesn't last like real wood. Although laminate floors are really getting really good these days.

In our area there a lot of flips, and it's fun occasionally to see open houses and see the remodels. But most flippers use the cheapest materials they can get from Home Depot. Plywood and cardboard instead of real wood, and it looks good for a few years until it deteriorates and must be replaced. A few extra bucks would have made that last for years, but why spend it if buyers don't really know or pay attention to that stuff.

I know in our place we use better quality materials, and they last I tell you, doesn't require much repairing.

4. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    6,075 comments
    San Jose, CA

4   10:43am Tue 29 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

FortWayne says

Although laminate floors are really getting really good these days.

just don't let them get wet.

5. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    6,075 comments
    San Jose, CA

5   10:45am Tue 29 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

FortWayne says

In our area there a lot of flips, and it's fun occasionally to see open houses and see the remodels. But most flippers use the cheapest materials they can get from Home Depot. Plywood and cardboard instead of real wood, and it looks good for a few years until it deteriorates and must be replaced. A few extra bucks would have made that last for years, but why spend it if buyers don't really know or pay attention to that stuff.

That fits in well with the uneven floors and out of plumb walls in my neighborhood.

FortWayne is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 59 milliseconds to create.