What Housing Optimists Are Ignoring

By bgamall4   Follow   Mon, 28 Jan 2013, 9:52pm   756 views   9 comments
In Menlo Park CA 94025   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-housing-optimists-are-ignoring-2013-1

Quinn Eddins, Director of Research at RadarLogic writes that it is too early to call a housing recovery. Looking at the 25-MSA RPX composite home prices that are up 9.2 percent as of November 21, Eddins writes that the "public discussion has missed a critical point", that the gain reflects the weakness of home prices in 2011, more than the strength in 2012.  "In each year since the end of the housing boom, the RPX Composite has weakened during the second half of the year. In 2011, it weakened more than usual. "So when we talk about a 9.2 percent...

Viewing Comments 1-9 of 9     Last »     See most liked comments

1. inflection point

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    290 comments
    Fremont, CA

1   9:01pm Tue 29 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

The government and media were "suprised" by the bubble. At some point we as individuals need to decide who to trust. I think its now quite easy. "buy the rumor sell the news"

2. mell

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    278 threads
    3,517 comments
    San Francisco, CA

2   10:01pm Tue 29 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Yes, but Paul Krugman will lift the housing market by shitting trillion dollar coins! Get on board with the fact that due to aforementioned fact housing can only go up from here!

3. errc

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    48 threads
    2,475 comments
    32 male

3   10:10pm Tue 29 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

Housing is dirt cheap right now. The only thing standing in our way is those dumb fucking republicans. If we outlawed republicans and shut our collective dumb fucking yap traps and let democrats have control of everything, wed be living in an adult version of disney world meets willy wonkas chocolate factory. Healthcare would be free and we could all circumvent chewing food matter and instead insuffocate 40mg of aderral for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Am I doing this right?

I mean, why fart and waste it, when you can burp and taste it!

4. mell

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    278 threads
    3,517 comments
    San Francisco, CA

4   10:20pm Tue 29 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

errc says

Am I doing this right?

I mean, why fart and waste it, when you can burp and taste it!

Yes, that's it! Being liberal and democratic in every possible way is the latest trend now! And once the Republican party is utterly decimated so that all that's left is a piece of Boehners leather-skin in remembrance of what once was, then true economic success for everybody will set in.Ordinary people will find themselves living next to Blankfein in the Hamptons, banks will be your best friend and the statue of liberty has been replaced with Obama and Paul Krugman performing on each other. The word wealth disparity will have no meaning and won't be found in any dictionary, same goes for inflation or debt - useless, meaningless trite words we once though mattered, now buried in the graveyard of economics. Fuck yeah!

5. bgamall4

Follow
    Befriend (11)
    1,216 threads
    7,358 comments
    64 male
    Las Vegas, NV
    bgamall4's website
    Premium

5   10:20pm Tue 29 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

mell says

Yes, but Paul Krugman will lift the housing market by shitting trillion dollar coins!

Not sure you understand the issue of the trillion dollar coin. The Fed curbed the idea because the Fed wants banks to create money through debt. This coin would have been created sans debt. That is a direct threat to the Fed.

Now you know the rest of the story. :) And it isn't a Republican/Democratic issue.

6. bgamall4

Follow
    Befriend (11)
    1,216 threads
    7,358 comments
    64 male
    Las Vegas, NV
    bgamall4's website
    Premium

6   10:22pm Tue 29 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

errc says

The only thing standing in our way is those dumb fucking republicans.

You have to be kidding right. The Republicans are more opposed to the Volcker Rule and new housing regulations limiting toxic easy money loans than the Democrats. Where have you been?

Eating?

And read my ebook, Dirty Dirty Republicans if you really want to see a party dirtier than even the Democrats.

7. mell

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    278 threads
    3,517 comments
    San Francisco, CA

7   10:22pm Tue 29 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

bgamall4 says

mell says

Yes, but Paul Krugman will lift the housing market by shitting trillion dollar coins!

Not sure you understand the issue of the trillion dollar coin. The Fed curbed the idea because the Fed wants banks to create money through debt. This coin would have been created sans debt. That is a direct threat to the Fed.

Now you know the rest of the story. :) And it isn't a Republican/Democratic issue.

It's ok, just ignore me - it's because I have learned how PK and his magical presses will save everything (incl. the housing market) and needed a thread to let everybody know about that revelation before I go to bed ;)

8. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    864 threads
    11,147 comments

8   7:29am Wed 30 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

errc says

Am I doing this right?

Did you do a quick glance in the mirror just to hear your self talk?

9. errc

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    48 threads
    2,475 comments
    32 male

9   8:03am Wed 30 Jan 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

errc says

Am I doing this right?

Did you do a quick glance in the mirror just to hear your self talk?

There was nothing quick about it

Premium member bgamall4 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 72 milliseconds to create.