« previous   housing   next »

What Housing Optimists Are Ignoring

By bgamall4   Follow   Mon, 28 Jan 2013, 1:52pm PST   881 views   9 comments   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-housing-optimists-are-ignoring-2013-1

Quinn Eddins, Director of Research at RadarLogic writes that it is too early to call a housing recovery. Looking at the 25-MSA RPX composite home prices that are up 9.2 percent as of November 21, Eddins writes that the "public discussion has missed a critical point", that the gain reflects the weakness of home prices in 2011, more than the strength in 2012.  "In each year since the end of the housing boom, the RPX Composite has weakened during the second half of the year. In 2011, it weakened more than usual. "So when we talk about a 9.2 percent...

Comments 1-9 of 9     Last »

inflection point   befriend   ignore   Tue, 29 Jan 2013, 1:01pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

The government and media were "suprised" by the bubble. At some point we as individuals need to decide who to trust. I think its now quite easy. "buy the rumor sell the news"

mell   befriend   ignore   Tue, 29 Jan 2013, 2:01pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

Yes, but Paul Krugman will lift the housing market by shitting trillion dollar coins! Get on board with the fact that due to aforementioned fact housing can only go up from here!

errc   befriend   ignore   Tue, 29 Jan 2013, 2:10pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike (1)     Comment 3

Housing is dirt cheap right now. The only thing standing in our way is those dumb fucking republicans. If we outlawed republicans and shut our collective dumb fucking yap traps and let democrats have control of everything, wed be living in an adult version of disney world meets willy wonkas chocolate factory. Healthcare would be free and we could all circumvent chewing food matter and instead insuffocate 40mg of aderral for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Am I doing this right?

I mean, why fart and waste it, when you can burp and taste it!

mell   befriend   ignore   Tue, 29 Jan 2013, 2:20pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 4

errc says

Am I doing this right?

I mean, why fart and waste it, when you can burp and taste it!

Yes, that's it! Being liberal and democratic in every possible way is the latest trend now! And once the Republican party is utterly decimated so that all that's left is a piece of Boehners leather-skin in remembrance of what once was, then true economic success for everybody will set in.Ordinary people will find themselves living next to Blankfein in the Hamptons, banks will be your best friend and the statue of liberty has been replaced with Obama and Paul Krugman performing on each other. The word wealth disparity will have no meaning and won't be found in any dictionary, same goes for inflation or debt - useless, meaningless trite words we once though mattered, now buried in the graveyard of economics. Fuck yeah!

bgamall4   befriend   ignore   Tue, 29 Jan 2013, 2:20pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

mell says

Yes, but Paul Krugman will lift the housing market by shitting trillion dollar coins!

Not sure you understand the issue of the trillion dollar coin. The Fed curbed the idea because the Fed wants banks to create money through debt. This coin would have been created sans debt. That is a direct threat to the Fed.

Now you know the rest of the story. :) And it isn't a Republican/Democratic issue.

bgamall4   befriend   ignore   Tue, 29 Jan 2013, 2:22pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

errc says

The only thing standing in our way is those dumb fucking republicans.

You have to be kidding right. The Republicans are more opposed to the Volcker Rule and new housing regulations limiting toxic easy money loans than the Democrats. Where have you been?

Eating?

And read my ebook, Dirty Dirty Republicans if you really want to see a party dirtier than even the Democrats.

mell   befriend   ignore   Tue, 29 Jan 2013, 2:22pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 7

bgamall4 says

mell says

Yes, but Paul Krugman will lift the housing market by shitting trillion dollar coins!

Not sure you understand the issue of the trillion dollar coin. The Fed curbed the idea because the Fed wants banks to create money through debt. This coin would have been created sans debt. That is a direct threat to the Fed.

Now you know the rest of the story. :) And it isn't a Republican/Democratic issue.

It's ok, just ignore me - it's because I have learned how PK and his magical presses will save everything (incl. the housing market) and needed a thread to let everybody know about that revelation before I go to bed ;)

Mr Happygoluckofus   befriend   ignore   Tue, 29 Jan 2013, 11:29pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

errc says

Am I doing this right?

Did you do a quick glance in the mirror just to hear your self talk?

errc   befriend   ignore   Wed, 30 Jan 2013, 12:03am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 9

CaptainShuddup says

errc says

Am I doing this right?

Did you do a quick glance in the mirror just to hear your self talk?

There was nothing quick about it

Email (Required, will not be visible)

Username (Just pick a name if you're new)

Watch comments by email

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about