Armed guard disarmed teen in Atlanta school shooting, says police chief

By Call it Crazy   Follow   Fri, 1 Feb 2013, 9:47am   1,773 views   65 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Atlanta • A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/55742445-68/shooting-atlanta-police-says.html.csp

Wait, didn't the anti-gun crowd say having armed guards at schools was a bad idea and wouldn't work??

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 26-65 of 65     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

26   6:34pm Sat 2 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

You're OK with armed guards protected a bunch of drunk football fans but are against guarding young children?

They aren't there to protect the fans. They're there to prevent crime against the arenas.

2. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

27   6:36pm Sat 2 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

thomaswong.1986 says

Kevin says

I'm not in a gang and I don't do drugs. I don't see how I'm the problem.

you promote it... since you want to legalize it.. you are the problem of promoting junkies.

Junkies aren't the problem. Try visiting a country with sane drug control policies.

3. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    761 threads
    9,511 comments

28   7:02pm Sat 2 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Kevin says

Call it Crazy says

You're OK with armed guards protected a bunch of drunk football fans but are against guarding young children?

They aren't there to protect the fans. They're there to prevent crime against the arenas.

OK, I get it now... Arenas are more important than kids....

4. Homeboy

Follow
    Befriend
    39 threads
    3,546 comments

29   7:10pm Sat 2 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Homeboy says

I think you're being deliberately obtuse.

Call it Crazy says

I think you're being obtuse...

Gosh, what a clever and original thing to say.

5. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

30   7:19pm Sat 2 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Kevin says

Junkies aren't the problem. Try visiting a country with sane drug control policies.

there are none.. even the Netherlands have junkies that cause problems.

being a heroin/coke addict doesn't make you a productive member of society,
    just someone else's burden to carry.

6. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

31   9:17pm Sat 2 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

thomaswong.1986 says

Kevin says

there are none.. even the Netherlands have junkies that cause problems.

being a heroin/coke addict doesn't make you a productive member of society,

just someone else's burden to carry.

You'd rather have gang violence on the streets than heroin addicts in government treatment clinics?

Because that's the difference.

Have you ever even been outside of north america?

7. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

32   11:17pm Sat 2 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Kevin says

Don't need one. Schools aren't any more dangerous than they were when I was a kid, we just have CNN and fox news.

I have no idea how old you are. We have much more psychotropical drug prescriptions now that turn a small percentage of users into manic depressive suicidal/homicidal freaks. What causes the kind of extreme violence that excites the anti-gun nuts is not the average risk but the fringe headline cases. Never accuse the anti-gun nuts of being rational.

Guns were probably not banned on campus ground when you were growing up.

8. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

33   11:22pm Sat 2 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Kevin says

You'd rather have gang violence on the streets than heroin addicts in government treatment clinics?

Because that's the difference.

Have you ever even been outside of north america?

http://www.thefix.com/content/old-addicts-holland-home9684

as I was saying.. YES.. i have been in the Netherlands .. and the Citizens pay for the drug addicts lifestyle. There is no treatment.. there is a lifestyle for addicts and Govt paid Drugs are provided.

Old Dutch Junkies Retire Comfortably

In this old-folks home, drug users who are "beyond rehabilitation" can do their thing in peace.

The Woodstock old-age home in the Netherlands might not have the youth and music of its namesake, but it does have the drugs. The center was opened in The Hague in December 2008 to keep elderly drug users off the streets and provide them with free room, board and methadone treatments. Treatments are optional—residents are even allowed limited use of hard drugs. “This is real freedom,” says 65-year-old resident William, smoking a ball of cocaine. “I like it here. Here there is no police watching you.”

9. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

34   10:02am Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Reality says

Kevin says

Don't need one. Schools aren't any more dangerous than they were when I was a kid, we just have CNN and fox news.

I have no idea how old you are. We have much more psychotropical drug prescriptions now that turn a small percentage of users into manic depressive suicidal/homicidal freaks. What causes the kind of extreme violence that excites the anti-gun nuts is not the average risk but the fringe headline cases. Never accuse the anti-gun nuts of being rational.

Guns were probably not banned on campus ground when you were growing up.

I never saw guns at school when I was a kid. It wasn't until columbine that people started thinking that their kids were in constant danger, and yet the rate of murders at schools hasn't increased overall.

I have four children. Three are school age. I have no fear of them being shot at school, and I don't want them to feel that there is constant danger around them that requires an armed guard for protection. Because there isn't.

thomaswong.1986 says

as I was saying.. YES.. i have been in the Netherlands .. and the Citizens pay for the drug addicts lifestyle. There is no treatment.. there is a lifestyle for addicts and Govt paid Drugs are provided.

Like I said -- you'd rather have gang violence on the streets?

10. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

35   10:06am Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Kevin says

I never saw guns at school when I was a kid. It wasn't until columbine that people started thinking that their kids were in constant danger, and yet the rate of murders at schools hasn't increased overall.

I have four children. Three are school age. I have no fear of them being shot at school, and I don't want them to feel that there is constant danger around them that requires an armed guard for protection. Because there isn't.

Statistically the risk is indeed very small. That's all the more reason why such a small risk should not be the basis for gun bans on the entire society. If one is at all concerned about the risk, the solution should be allowing the good guys to have guns for self-defense.

11. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

36   10:37am Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

robertoaribas says

Nobody, not even the non crazy liberals are suggesting a carte-blanche gun ban.

You may have missed RAW's earlier clearly stated goal:

"The only guns you will see will be in museums."

background checks on private sales is not too much of a burden; any gun store will be able to do this for a small fee.

Some of us value privacy, especially in the wake of some crazy liberals publishing the names and home addresses of all gun owners in town. Such data should not exist! The government is not capable of keeping any private information private.

magazine limits is not a serious infringement on rights. you don't need a 100 round magazine to hunt or defend you home.

100 round magazine may or may not be necessary, depending on how big the riot is, 10 round magazine can easily be inadequate in defending against a home invasion. For typical .22 guns used by women, 10 rounds fired with 1/3 hitting target may not at all stop a 250lb home invader.

armed guards at the school are not the answer, despite your assertion above. Sometimes, they may succeed, however, columbine had an armed guard who, to his credit and not to be counted on in all scenarios, shot it out with the attackers. didn't help much.

That's why teachers and administrators should be allowed to carry guns / hide guns in school. The element of surprise is of paramount value in a shoot-out. One armed defender is not enough when there are two invaders.

unless we have armed guards at the malls, movie theaters, diners, restaurants and playgrounds, or you decided to only allow your kids to go to school and your own armed home, we need something more than school safety in the discussion

Most popular venues that you mention already have armed guards or police cruisers parked outside all the time. Civilian concealed carry is even more cost-effective due to the element of surprise to the criminal. The recent Oregon case of a concealed carrier stopping a shooter at a mall illustrates that in spades.

12. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

37   10:57am Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Kevin says

you were born yesterday.... way too young to remember other incidents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Chowchilla_kidnapping

Chowchilla was launched into national headlines on July 15, 1976, when 26 children and an adult bus driver were kidnapped from their bus. The kidnappers hid the bus in a drainage slough, and drove the children and bus driver around in two vans for 11 hours before forcing them to climb into a hole in the ground. After passing through the hole, the children and their driver found themselves trapped in the interior of a buried moving van. Although they did not know it, their place of confinement was in a quarry located in Livermore, California.

13. Homeboy

Follow
    Befriend
    39 threads
    3,546 comments

38   11:19am Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Reality says

We have much more psychotropical drug prescriptions now that turn a small percentage of users into manic depressive suicidal/homicidal freaks.

Dude, I don't think you have your tinfoil hat on tight enough.

14. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

39   11:35am Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Homeboy says

Reality says

We have much more psychotropical drug prescriptions now that turn a small percentage of users into manic depressive suicidal/homicidal freaks.

Dude, I don't think you have your tinfoil hat on tight enough.

What are you talking about? It's right on the drugs' disclaimer labels, usually 1-7% of users / clinical test subjects "exhibit suicidal and/or homicidal urges." That's a significant number now that there are so many prescriptions being handed out.

15. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,681 comments
    Davis, CA

40   11:42am Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Proposal:

Eliminate gun show requirements about unloaded weapons. They are unneccesary and an abrogation of CIVIL RIGHTS!

Why isn't NRA calling for that?

16. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

41   11:48am Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

robertoaribas says

It renders background checks useless, if you have this exception. A crazy person on a restraining order with multiple felonies can call a private party out of the paper and get a gun.. that needs to end. Sorry, but there are trade offs, and that falls into the reasonable category.

The same crazy person can buy an illegal gun or use his/her car to kill. Or even kill his mother to get guns, like the latest infamous shooter had done. Stop pretending background check or even restricting legal gun ownership is effective.

robertoaribas says

a 22 for home defense? you are joking! a 22 is a squirrel, rabbit gun! It is illegal to even hunt deer with one! a pump shotgun would be the ideal choice. shot won't penetrate the walls, killing your own children in the other room, and accuracy is not much of an issue.

.22 is popular among women due to small recoil and easy fitting into purse. Not everyone has a collection of half a dozen guns designed for each specific purpose. .22 tend to be the first gun, and many many women gun owners stop there.

robertoaribas says

Alright, I'll go with this one. I had a concealed carry permit for 10 years, but carrying is more problematic than one thinks. It isn't like in movies, they are heavy and uncomfortable. Nevertheless, having appropriately trained educators be allowed to carry, I'll support that if you give me the rest of the reasonable rules.

Glad we agree on that.

robertoaribas says

Reality says

Most popular venues that you mention already have armed guards or police cruisers parked outside all the time.

total bullcrap. I walk to multiple parks a day with my dog to do exersizes, and I almost never see any cops or guards. In fact, the only time I ever see police, is if the local canine unit sees me, he pulls in and we let the dogs socialize.

That's because you live in a concealed carry state where private gun ownership is prevalent. Try stop in the big cities where private gun ownership is severely restricted and the population is brainwashed to detest guns, and you will see what I was talking about.

17. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,681 comments
    Davis, CA

42   11:51am Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Kevin says

The solution to gun violence is clearly to live in a police state.

When I grew up, we have "Explorer" troops after Scouts. These would be more focussed on an activity or special interest. Perhaps rock climbing and so forth depended on the area and the kids.

Recently my brother tells me the active Explorer troop in my old hometown is a Police unit. The kids wear uniforms and run around with notebooks reporting on any minor infractions they see.

Here's a video of the kids on one of their "missions":

&list=UUgFzO51lDP6lu-E4ajF6myA&index=36

It's a peculiar irony that the loudmouths who are most rigid about needing the RKBA to defend against an overbearing police state, are the same people creating this overbearing police state.

18. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

43   11:52am Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Vicente says

Proposal:

Eliminate gun show requirements about unloaded weapons. They are unneccesary and an abrogation of CIVIL RIGHTS!

Why isn't NRA calling for that?

Gun shows are carried out on private venues. The owner can specify whatever the heck he wants. I suspect the unloaded requirement is for safety as guns get swapped from hand to hand, and it would be hard to keep track of which one is loaded which is not as the buyers test out the triggers! At schools, unless we are talking about a shooting class, there's no reason for people to be handing guns from one to another regularly or testing out triggers!

19. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

44   11:57am Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Vicente says

Kevin says

The solution to gun violence is clearly to live in a police state.

When I grew up, we have "Explorer" troops after Scouts. These would be more focussed on an activity or special interest. Perhaps rock climbing and so forth depended on the area and the kids.

Recently my brother tells me the active Explorer troop in my old hometown is a Police unit. The kids wear uniforms and run around with notebooks reporting on any minor infractions they see.

Here's a video of the kids on one of their "missions":

It's a peculiar irony that the loudmouths who are most rigid about needing the RKBA to defend against an overbearing police state, are the same people creating this overbearing police state.

That's exactly the result from the kind of mentality that nobody should have guns without government costume or government permission. The Nazi police state was exactly built on outlawing private gun ownership plus mandatory government-run paramilitary training of the young.

Guns in the hands of private individuals for the purpose of self-defense -- GOOD!

Guns in the hands of organized hirarchical groups -- BAD! because power corrupts, government costumes never prevented hirarchical groups turning into gangs of thugs.

20. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,681 comments
    Davis, CA

45   12:01pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Reality says

That's exactly the result from the kind of mentality

....of people calling for requiring armed police/guards in every school in the nation.

FTFY

21. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

46   12:06pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Vicente says

Reality says

That's exactly the result from the kind of mentality

....of people calling for requiring armed police/guards in every school in the nation.

FTFY

hmm, in case you did not notice, I'm advocating for allowing private adult individuals concealed carry (including in schools).

22. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,681 comments
    Davis, CA

47   12:09pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Reality says

hmm, in case you did not notice, I'm advocating for allowing private adult individuals concealed carry (including in schools).

But not at gun shows. Got it.

23. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

48   12:15pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Vicente says

Reality says

But not at gun shows. Got it.

Gun shows are up to the private owner of the venue, just like you have the right to say if you allow guests conceal carry into your home. For practical reasons, requiring all guns that get shown as tradable goods remain unloaded during the show is rational, just like gasoline station owners have a right to ban smoking on their premise. As a property owner, I would never put up a sign that says "gun free zone" as an invitation to criminals.

24. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,681 comments
    Davis, CA

49   2:05pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Reality says

For practical reasons, requiring all guns that get shown as tradable goods remain unloaded during the show is rational

So sometimes it's a RIGHT that must be respected absolutely, and other times there are "practical matters". Got it.

25. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

50   2:17pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

thomaswong.1986 says

you were born yesterday.... way too young to remember other incidents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Chowchilla_kidnapping

That whoosh sound you just heard was this discussion going over your head.

26. Homeboy

Follow
    Befriend
    39 threads
    3,546 comments

51   2:51pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Reality says

100 round magazine may or may not be necessary, depending on how big the riot is, 10 round magazine can easily be inadequate in defending against a home invasion. For typical .22 guns used by women, 10 rounds fired with 1/3 hitting target may not at all stop a 250lb home invader.

A gun in the home is far more likely to be used against a family member than to ever successfully defend against a home invasion.

27. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

52   2:54pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Vicente says

Reality says

For practical reasons, requiring all guns that get shown as tradable goods remain unloaded during the show is rational

So sometimes it's a RIGHT that must be respected absolutely, and other times there are "practical matters". Got it.

Which part of gun shows being on private property don't you understand? Do I have the right to enter your bedroom at night and talk your wife into having sex with me or just talk at all as freedom of speech right? Of course not! Likewise, nobody has 2nd amendment right in your house either unless you allow it. Gun show grounds owners have the same rights to visiting guests. So he/she has every right to tell people whether to unload their guns or to unload their guns on a target as part of a demo during the gun show.

Public schools are public grounds, therefore the right to bear arms is a right for each individual.

28. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

53   2:56pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Homeboy says

A gun in the home is far more likely to be used against a family member than to ever successfully defend against a home invasion.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and keep your family unarmed. Keep in mind, when you make a baby, he/she is far more likely to turn out to be a loser than being a genius.

29. Homeboy

Follow
    Befriend
    39 threads
    3,546 comments

54   7:32pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Not Grounded in Reality says

You are certainly entitled to your opinion,

It was not an opinion; it was a fact. Learn the difference.

Keep in mind, when you make a baby, he/she is far more likely to turn out to be a loser than being a genius.

Is that your best shot? Holy shit, you suck. LOL.

30. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,681 comments
    Davis, CA

55   7:55pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Reality says

Public schools are public grounds, therefore the right to bear arms is a right for each individual.

Obviously courtrooms and airport terminals should be OK too. Thanks for clarification!

31. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

56   8:17pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Reality says

You really don't understand how public places work, do you? I suppose you don't think there are any restrictions on constitutional rights in public places?

32. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

57   10:00pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Homeboy says

Not Grounded in Reality says

You are certainly entitled to your opinion,

It was not an opinion; it was a fact. Learn the difference.

Keep in mind, when you make a baby, he/she is far more likely to turn out to be a loser than being a genius.

Is that your best shot? Holy shit, you suck. LOL.

In case you didn't notice, losers far out number geniuses in our society in general. That's also a statistical fact. However, if have more details about the specific family, its genetic make-up and its environmental factors, one can have a far more meaning assessment of the risks involved for a specific family, both for gun ownership and baby prospect.

Here's another statistical average vs. specific case difference for your pee brain to wrap around:

Kids born to parents who have spent time with armed guards around 24/7 are far more likely to be criminals (because their parents are most likely incarcerated at some point). However, that statistical fact does not apply to the Obama kids, does it?

Likewise, you need to read more closely on what type of families statistically have more gun accidents. Anyway, I still stand by my earlier statement about the prospect of your kids, if you ever attempt to make any.

33. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

58   10:07pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Vicente says

Obviously courtrooms and airport terminals should be OK too. Thanks for clarification!

Courtrooms and airport terminals have armed guards ensuring security in exchange for disarming the average person. BTW, the full disarming requirement is relatively recent. Not much more than a decade ago, people were able to go to airport terminals (and perhaps even some courtrooms) armed.

34. Homeboy

Follow
    Befriend
    39 threads
    3,546 comments

59   11:46pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Reality Bites says

In case you didn't notice, losers far out number geniuses in our society in general. That's also a statistical fact. However, if have more details about the specific family, its genetic make-up and its environmental factors, one can have a far more meaning assessment of the risks involved for a specific family, both for gun ownership and baby prospect.

Here's another statistical average vs. specific case difference for your pee brain to wrap around:

Kids born to parents who have spent time with armed guards around 24/7 are far more likely to be criminals (because their parents are most likely incarcerated at some point). However, that statistical fact does not apply to the Obama kids, does it?

Likewise, you need to read more closely on what type of families statistically have more gun accidents. Anyway, I still stand by my earlier statement about the prospect of your kids, if you ever attempt to make any.

You shouldn't post when you're drunk. Seriously, that post is fucking stupid and it's riddled with spelling and grammar errors. "Pee brain" LOL.

35. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

60   11:50pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Homeboy says

You shouldn't post when you're drunk. Seriously, that post is fucking stupid and it's riddled with spelling and grammar errors. "Pee brain" LOL.

So you still prefer pissing into the wind instead of attempting to make any substantive counter-argument. Like I said, I'm not optimistic about your off-springs' intelligence, knowing your inability to distinguish between average vs. specificity.

36. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

61   11:56pm Sun 3 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Kevin says

You really don't understand how public places work, do you? I suppose you don't think there are any restrictions on constitutional rights in public places?

Constitutional rights are protected in public places by default. Any restriction would have to have rational and compelling reasons. A big fat "gun free zone" sign inviting criminals to shoot at the defenseless public while providing no alternative forceful protection to the public onsite does not constitute a good or compelling reason.

37. Homeboy

Follow
    Befriend
    39 threads
    3,546 comments

62   12:21am Mon 4 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Reality says

So you still prefer pissing into the wind instead of attempting to make any substantive counter-argument. Like I said, I'm not optimistic about your off-springs' intelligence, knowing your inability to distinguish between average vs. specificity.

Sober up and post something that makes some kind of sense, and I'll be glad to counter it. Drunken personal attacks, not so much.

38. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,938 comments

63   12:27am Mon 4 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Homeboy says

Sober up and post something that makes some kind of sense, and I'll be glad to counter it. Drunken personal attacks, not so much.

I haven't imbibed any alcohol this entire past week. You have been avoiding presenting any substantive counter argument but prefering personal attacks all this evening.

39. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

64   12:40am Mon 4 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Reality says

BTW, the full disarming requirement is relatively recent. Not much more than a decade ago, people were able to go to airport terminal

Try 45 years.

Reality says

Constitutional rights are protected in public places by default. Any restriction would have to have rational and compelling reasons. A big fat "gun free zone" sign inviting criminals to shoot at the defenseless public while providing no alternative forceful protection to the public onsite does not constitute a good or compelling reason.

You might want to study some case law hombre. Why do you think they had to sneak in legislation permitting guns in national parks just a few years back?

40. Homeboy

Follow
    Befriend
    39 threads
    3,546 comments

65   11:16am Mon 4 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Reality says

I haven't imbibed any alcohol this entire past week.

Ugh. You mean you came up with that shit sober?

You have been avoiding presenting any substantive counter argument but prefering personal attacks all this evening.

There's nothing to counter. All you've posted is what I assumed was drunken gibberish, but apparently it was sober gibberish. You said I would father unintelligent "loser" children and that I have a "pee brain" (does that mean there is urine in my brain?), and you're complaining about personal attacks? Har - are you for real? By the way, I would be careful about questioning the intelligence of others if I couldn't even spell or construct a grammatically correct sentence.

« First     « Previous comments    

Call it Crazy is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 146 milliseconds to create.