This Is Housing Bubble 2.0: David Stockman

By HousingBoom   Follow   Mon, 4 Feb 2013, 9:15pm   397 views   4 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/housing-bubble-2-0-david-stockman-133026817.html

December were up 12.8% from the same time in 2011, with the total number of sales in 2012 rising to the highest level in five years, according to the National Association of Realtors. Meanwhile, the annual price for existing homes also jumped to the highest level since 2005, with the median price of a home up 11.5% in December from the same period in 2011.

Viewing Comments 1-4 of 4     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Oxygen

Follow
    Befriend
    15 threads
    217 comments
    Brooklyn, NY

1   9:21pm Mon 4 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

"Stockman argues the problem in housing is the two forces needed for a recovery, first-time buyers and trade-up buyers, are missing. With the combination of 7.9% unemployment and staggering student loan debt, he doesn’t see a young generation of new home buyers coming into the market. And with baby boomers heading for retirement with less than adequate savings, he thinks they’ll be trading down with their homes, not up."

2. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

2   9:37pm Mon 4 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

first shoulder than a peak ... currently at second shoulder followed by the decline.

3. HousingBoom

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    48 threads
    172 comments

3   10:08pm Mon 4 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I am not sure if the green inflation line is even an indicator of a possible bottom. Net income is shrinking (thanks to new taxes), wages I think will continue to fall so inflation will only make home prices fall further because it makes cost of living go up. I think we are in an inflationary depression like scenario which is a pretty bad situation for home prices.

4. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

4   11:28pm Mon 4 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

HousingBoom says

I think we are in an inflationary depression like scenario which is a pretty bad situation for home prices.

deflation is certainly a possibility. our national economy since 1700s has certainly seen greater amount of deflation than inflation (last 40 years).

HousingBoom is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 48 milliseconds to create.