Postal Service stamping out Saturday mail deliveries

By tvgnus   Follow   Wed, 6 Feb 2013, 8:16am   479 views   14 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=22797

Will still have post offices open •  Expected to save billions Youll have to have a post office box if you want Saturday letter deliveries starting in August. Thats when the U.S. Postal Service stops Saturday deliveries of first class mail.

Viewing Comments 1-14 of 14     Last »     See most liked comments

1. errc

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    51 threads
    2,579 comments
    32 male

1   8:22am Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Good riddance, litter bugs!

2. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    872 threads
    7,411 comments
    Baltimore, MD

2   8:33am Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

About 10 - 15 years too late. Of course Democrats will oppose this money saving plan.

Why only limit this to Saturday. i don't need mail delivery all 5 days a week either.

3. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,047 threads
    12,903 comments

3   8:45am Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

While I like a good "The Gubbermint kaint do nuffin" rant as much as the next Buba Gump.

How ever I dislike the thought of paying some company like Fed-Ex or UPS $50 to mail or have mailed to me, a notarized document is not something I would consider a good alternative.

I ofter wonder if those "Close the Post office" champions, really thought it through, what would happen if there was no USPS.

4. Philistine

Follow
    Befriend
    697 comments
    Los Angeles, CA

4   9:06am Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

what would happen if there was no USPS

No more of my important deliveries would get lost.

5. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,047 threads
    12,903 comments

5   9:56am Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Philistine says

No more of my important deliveries would get lost.

Nope trust me I'm smarter than you are with these predictions. I'm 10 for 10 with these things.
    If I call that doing away with the USPS will create a $50 premium on sending and receiving life changing official documents. Then that means will probably be worse than I even imagined like $150 per ounce.

It would be cheaper to put in a huge box and ship it like a parcel than a letter.
    Because once these companies realize they've got everyone by the Short and Curlys their stock will be greater than Google and Apple combined.

6. jvolstad

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    1,139 threads
    1,591 comments
    San Antonio, TX
    jvolstad's website

6   9:59am Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Three days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) would be fine with me. If you want or need daily service, get a PO Box.

7. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,047 threads
    12,903 comments

7   10:24am Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

jvolstad says

Three days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) would be fine with me. If you want or need daily service, get a PO Box.

Yup, you're not the Senior citizen living on a fixed income, and can only get a ride to the bank on Tuesdays. Or expecting a check on the 3rd of every month, and hoping that day doesn't fall on an off day.

8. errc

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    51 threads
    2,579 comments
    32 male

8   10:27am Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

You coffeefilters sure cling to your guns, bibles, and postmen

9. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,047 threads
    12,903 comments

9   10:54am Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

No I'm just amazed that the Ameircan people who are supposed to benefit from government programs, have the least say. Meanwhile folks talk about waste, when every other week some immigrant gang thugs are caught bilking these agencies out of hundreds of millions a year. And nothing is said about just stamping out fraud, which I guess Liberals are afraid to do. Because that would mean admitting that they were wrong by firing all of the capable astute people in the 80's and replacing them with affirmative action creeps, who are the very ones that sequels all of the weakness in the system so that criminal elements can exploit them.

10. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,047 threads
    12,903 comments

10   11:02am Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

tvgnus says

By tvgnus   Follow   Wed, 6 Feb 2013, 8:16am   76 views   10 comments

KarlRoveIsScum says

U.S. Postal Service to Cut Saturday Mail & raises the cost of 1st Class
    By KarlRoveIsScum   Follow   Wed, 6 Feb 2013, 10:14am   19 views   1 comment

11. HEY YOU

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    934 threads
    2,375 comments

11   11:28am Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

When the USPS shuts down, Republicans can get Fast Food jobs. Forget it. No Reps work at the USPS.

12. Philistine

Follow
    Befriend
    697 comments
    Los Angeles, CA

12   1:03pm Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

Nope trust me I'm smarter than you are with these predictions

Nope. I already proved you wrong. I had all my vendors switch to UPS and FedEx (the ones that hadn't already ditched USPS for their package-losing ways), and I haven't lost a package since.

13. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,047 threads
    12,903 comments

13   1:05pm Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Philistine says

Nope. I already proved you wrong. I had all my vendors switch to UPS and FedEx (the ones that hadn't already ditched USPS for their package-losing ways), and I haven't lost a package since.

Doh! Alright you win this round but I'll be watching.

14. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,047 threads
    12,903 comments

14   1:36pm Wed 6 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Thanks for sorting that out 121212

tvgnus is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 81 milliseconds to create.