Latinos voting for Obama

By dublin hillz   Follow   Fri, 8 Feb 2013, 4:16pm   3,375 views   101 comments
In Dublin CA 94568   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

The results indicate that Barack won the latino vote 71% to 29%. This 41% spread is rather impressive especially considering that "on paper" the reps should have an advantage with latino demographic on a couple of values issues. Abortion remains extremely unpopular amongst latinos due to catholicism. Overall as a group, particularly amongst older latinos, gay marriage is not exactly the issue that gets their support. Additionally, regarding "family values" Latinos actually practice it as opposed to talking about it. So based on these advantages the reps should have carried the demographic 66% vs 34% at least. A swing of 71% vs 29% the other way represnts nothing short of historic collapse give the intangibles - in fact the political strategist for the reps should probably be fired. There is no other way to explain this collapse other than to explain it in a way that the latinos must have been so alienated by the recent statement of republican party via xenophobia and red meat pandering towards white conservatives by being blamed for immigration and taking american jobs that they voted against their natural positions on social issues. This is an indictment on how xenophobic the republican party can come across to various ethnic groups. As such I fully expect that the next rep presidential and/or vice presidential candidate to be a minority. That is what the reps will likely do in an attempt to fracture the minority vote in the next election - rubio, jindal, playa cain will have a prominent role in next cycle.

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 62-101 of 101     Last »     See most liked comments

1. MMR

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    367 comments
    New York, NY

62   9:45pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Larry Craig.....he said Larry Craig in a sentence......Impressive my friend.....I laugh in the face of people who say republicans and democrats are different. The differences are subtle. But Repubs are certainly hypocrites on Larry Craig who is 'bashedly gay'

curious2 says

Suggestion for Republicans: try nominating Larry Craig for President, without changing the party platform, and see if you get the gay vote. I'm guessing no.

2. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    116 threads
    4,363 comments

63   9:46pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

thomaswong.1986 says

its the 29% that scares the frack out of Dems/Liberals.

Why would 29% of Latinos voting for Republicans scare Democrats? 29% is not enough to win an election. If the Republicans' strategy is to get 29% of the vote, and for all I know it might be, then Democrats have nothing to be scared about.

40% of white voters chose Obama, along with 70% of Asian and Latino voters, and 90% of black voters.

But the more illuminating contrasts relate to religion. Romnesia's "success" was limited to voters who attend religious "services" at least weekly. Obama won among all others by 40 points. Do you think that might have something to do with a theocratic Republican platform with planks that polled at -40%?

3. futuresmc

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1 threads
    466 comments
    Buffalo, NY

64   9:46pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

dublin hillz says

Additionally, regarding "family values" Latinos actually practice it as opposed to talking about it. So based on these advantages the reps should have carried the demographic 66% vs 34% at least. A swing of 71% vs 29% the other way represnts nothing short of historic collapse give the intangibles - in fact the political strategist for the reps should probably be fired.

Latinos vote their pocketbooks more than their bibles. They may be rabidly pro-life or anti-gay, but when they go into the voting booth, they don't vote against thier economic self interest the way white conservatives tend to do. Republicans and their libertarian agenda don't appeal to Latinos. Remember, Latin America was the testing ground for many of the Chicago Boy's ideas, so their families learned the hard way what that kind of system does to the average person trying to work hard and raise a family. That upward redistribution of wealth and power sent many of them, or their relatives, to America in the first place. Why would they want to bring it here?

4. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    116 threads
    4,363 comments

65   9:50pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike  

futuresmc says

They may be rabidly pro-life or anti-gay....

No, on balance, they aren't. To anyone other than the Republican taliban, "family values" means working hard to value your family. It doesn't mean "rabidly" persecuting other people. Even in heavily Catholic countries, most voters don't join the Pope's repressive crusades; the lessons they draw from Christianity include trying to love their neighbor, trying to remember that we are all of us sinners and should not cast the first stone, and trying to see each person as created in the unique image and likeness of God.

5. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

66   10:13pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

curious2 says

Why would 29% of Latinos voting for Republicans scare Democrats? 29% is not enough to win an election. If the Republicans' strategy is to get 29% of the vote, and for all I know it might be, then Democrats have nothing to scared about.

quality vs quantity ? it will show over the long run, those who pull themselves by the bootstrap do a lot better.

6. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

67   10:48pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

robertoaribas says

Did he promise free rice too?

these numbers fluctuate over the years..

actually, this current generation of young asians/latinos do expect free things from the govt. But again, that is a far cry from those from my generation. so not a big concern into the future as they mature... in the long run, they will not be so dependable on Govt hand outs as they see others who make it without govt handouts. Not even Reagan lasted long as a Democratic.

7. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

68   10:53pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

robertoaribas says

I guess they are all just lazy butts too, like those lazy blacks and browns that voted for him...

50 years of the so called "War on Poverty" ..
    and what do you have today ...

War on American Business and Industry sinking the American citizen to be dependent on
    government programs ... bright future dont you thing so.

8. MMR

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    367 comments
    New York, NY

69   10:55pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Good point Bobby.....guess those Asians are just affirmative action babies, not that I'm saying that you said that or anything.

robertoaribas says

thomaswong.1986 says

quality vs quantity ? it will show over the long run, those who pull themselves by the bootstrap do a lot better.

So why'd the Asians vote for Obama at an even greater rate? I guess they are all just lazy butts too, like those lazy blacks and browns that voted for him... All living on welfare and free phones and stuff. Did he promise free rice too?

9. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    116 threads
    4,363 comments

70   10:55pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Remember, Asia includes many countries and religions. While Republicans campaigned on declaring America "a Christian nation," the House of Representatives got its first Hindu and the Senate got its first Buddhist. Both are Democrats. It isn't about "free stuff," it's about equal citizenship. The Constitution specifically prohibits any religious test of office and any law respecting an establishment of religion. The Republicans declared holy war against the Constitution, and lost.

10. MMR

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    367 comments
    New York, NY

71   10:58pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

This is why I openly have disdain for a boatload of multi-generational hispanics in New Mexico....comments like this. More common than not. Arizona same crapola....Kind of racism I was personally subjected to.....Kiss off Bobby

thomaswong.1986 says

robertoaribas says

actually, this current generation of young asians/latinos do expect free things from the govt. But again, that is a far cry from those from my generation. so not a big concern into the future as they mature... in the long run, they will not be so dependable on Govt hand outs as they see others who make it without govt handouts. Not even Reagan lasted long as a Democratic.

11. MMR

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    367 comments
    New York, NY

72   11:08pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Chieftain....you need to look at Dalip Singh Saund

curious2 says

Remember, Asia includes many countries and religions. While Republicans campaigned on declaring America "a Christian nation," the House of Representatives got its first Hindu and the Senate got its first Buddhist.

12. MMR

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    367 comments
    New York, NY

73   11:12pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Hispanic with good parenting.....geez....how to act 'asian' 101....Imagine that

robertoaribas says

thomaswong.1986 says

So why'd the Asians vote for Obama at an even greater rate? I guess they are all just lazy butts too, like those lazy blacks and browns that voted for him... All living on welfare and free phones and stuff. Did he promise free rice too?

robertoaribas says

I grew up in a college town. they used the local student population for tons of research, and I have no doubt that a part of my ability to score extraordinarily high on IQ tests, has to do with taking so freaking many of them, and other tests as well. You do get better with practice. On other tests, having a couple of romance languages as a kid (and reading non stop, we weren't allowed to watch tv) gives me a tremendous advantage on vocabulary tests. Even if I don't know a word, I can probably guess the correct answer on a multiple choice, due to similarity of many obscure English words and their Latin based roots.

The math part, maybe i was just born with that!

13. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    116 threads
    4,363 comments

74   11:26pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

MMR says

Dalip Singh Saund

Thanks - very interesting - though he seems to have been Sikh and wore a turban, only calling himself Hindu as a generalization referring to India.

14. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

75   11:30pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

MMR says

robertoaribas says

I grew up in a college town. they used the local student population for tons of research, and I have no doubt that a part of my ability to score extraordinarily high on IQ tests,

oh yes.. this must be UC Berzerkly... a joke in the SF Bay Area... especially us Hicks from the South Bay...

15. MMR

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    367 comments
    New York, NY

76   11:35pm Mon 11 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Touche

curious2 says

MMR says

Dalip Singh Saund

Thanks - very interesting - though he seems to have been Sikh and wore a turban, only calling himself Hindu as a generalization referring to India.

16. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

77   10:53am Tue 12 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

thomaswong.1986 says

robertoaribas says

The entire premise of the 'handout' argument is fucking moronic too, since people who receive 'handouts' don't vote democrat in particularly large numbers. There is, at best, a slight majority. Most people on assistance simply don't vote at all!

The simple fact of the matter is that most minorities vote democrat because they perceive republicans as racist. Because there are a lot of racist republicans. Wealthy, poor, whatever, it doesn't matter. People won't vote for you if they think you hate them. Having token minorities like Herman Cain and Bobby Jindal isn't enough.

If republicans want to stop being perceived as racist, they should try not being racist.

17. CL

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    185 threads
    1,905 comments
    Emeryville, CA

78   1:56pm Wed 13 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

robertoaribas says

you do realize saying I and other Latinos voted for Obama for handouts makes you an incredibly insulting asshole right?

Can you email this quote to the GOP leadership ASAP?!?!?!?!

Although, there was that guy last night. I think he was some kind of Spaniard. As a Mexican, I now want to vote for the Republican party. Because that guy's country was conquered by the same European Country that conquered mine!

Viva La Limbaugh!

18. Quigley

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    53 threads
    1,976 comments
    Huntington Beach, CA

79   2:54pm Wed 13 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

Here's a hard and fast rule for you racists out there: "don't hate! Because whichever group you hate will someday end up a part of your family."

I think my white parents started kinda racist. Not so much haters, but they had definite ideas of which people were "quality" and which were not. 40 years later there are Latinos, Philippinos, Thai, and black people in their family. And they have grandchildren that they love who look nothing like them.
    Racism is an unfortunate condition, but it can be cured! Not through more hate, but through love and knowledge.
    Today's racist might become tomorrow's miscenogist.
    We fight not against evil people, but against evil ideas.

19. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    166 threads
    5,475 comments

80   3:07pm Wed 13 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Some of you need to stop pretending that only white people are capable of racism. We are all human and all carry our own prejudices. It's only racist if you act upon your prejudice to victimize others.

20. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    166 threads
    5,475 comments

81   3:09pm Wed 13 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Kevin says

The entire premise of the 'handout' argument is fucking moronic too, since people who receive 'handouts' don't vote democrat in particularly large numbers. There is, at best, a slight majority. Most people on assistance simply don't vote at all!

Come to my neighborhood, you'll get an eyeload of people on handouts voting for Democrats religiously.

21. CL

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    185 threads
    1,905 comments
    Emeryville, CA

82   4:10pm Wed 13 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

FortWayne says

Some of you need to stop pretending that only white people are capable of racism. We are all human and all carry our own prejudices. It's only racist if you act upon your prejudice to victimize others.

That ignores the reality of white privilege, no?

And it ignores the reality that many white GOP voters want to maintain their unearned privilege at all costs.

The Dems don't want "equal outcomes" as is often portrayed by the right...they want an even playing field and for everyone to be given a shot.

I think that many in the white majority are afraid that their Latino, Asian, Black brothers and sisters might actually win in a fair competition.

And that scares the bejeesus out of them.

22. Mark D

Follow
    Befriend
    241 threads
    901 comments
    Simi Valley, CA

83   4:32pm Wed 13 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CL says

I think that many in the white majority are afraid that their Latino, Asian, Black brothers and sisters might actually win in a fair competition.

my dad (Tom Leykis) said that this country was found on bullshit and is run by bullshit.

very true if you think about it, the Constitutions said "all men are created equal" or something like that. but the negroe's 'n bitchez aint got no vote. ngome 'm sayin?

ok the white men may argue that "no one ever said "women" you idiots!" but since when "equal" means 3/5? you don't need to be Asian to see this!

so that makes you ponder, is that "freedom and liberties for all" only for white folks???

23. foxmannumber1

Follow
    Befriend
    454 comments

84   4:58pm Wed 13 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

CL says

And it ignores the reality that many white GOP voters want to maintain their unearned privilege at all costs.

The Dems don't want "equal outcomes" as is often portrayed by the right...they want an even playing field and for everyone to be given a shot.

All of this is 100% opposite of reality.

There is no such thing as white privilege. What you consider white privilege is earned privilege. Whites built the US from scratch for whites. There was virtually no non white immigration before 1965, which is the same time as the "civil rights movement" and when the country started to become separated and fall apart.

If democrats wanted equal opportunity and not equal outcomes then they would judge non whites on the "content of their character" and not the "color of their skin". They would demand that all AA/EO programs end immediately and all the recipients of AA/EO would re-compete for their jobs with members of all races based on individual merit. Democrats do not want this as whites are genetically more intelligent than blacks/latinos and would be selected for more jobs than blacks/latinos when hired based on a subjective scale.

LBJ's civil rights experiment was nothing more than a faithful guess. No liberal had proof that blacks could operate on the level of whites. He just wished it to be true with no proof. The result is trillions of dollars wasted on closing an achievement gap that has literally not moved 1 inch in 50 years.

Once again, blacks and latinos are worse off in the US because they are genetically less intelligent than the majority race in the US, which is white people. This is backed up by countless non racially biased IQ tests.

An IQ test is the best measurement of intelligence that the modern world has come up with aside from "real life", which blacks and latinos also perform poorly in.

24. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

85   5:11pm Wed 13 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

when did it change from hispanic to latino?? why did it change?? my guess, someone did a poll and found "latino" was more accepted. That's how libs roll.

latin - I am one. It is not a race. Like it or hate it, it is not racism. Put the "o" on the end if you are feeling particularly frisky.
    hispanic - does not exist, just made up from thin air, just like using "gay" to mean male/male sodomite.
    chicano - does not exist, just made up.
    la razza - does exist. It's a really stupid group of people that think the above are races. The corrct name would be el grupo de pendejos!

25. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    116 threads
    4,363 comments

86   5:35pm Wed 13 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Latino refers to Latin American, usually males of Latin American descent (Latina refers to females, Latino can refer to males or groups comprising both males and females). Hispanic refers to Spanish, including Spain and most of Latin America. For example, Brazilians are Latino but not Hispanic, while Spaniards are Hispanic but not Latino.

Bop69, you really should read more widely so you would seem less like an ignorant troll. Alas, your unfulfilled obsession with "male/male coupling" seems to prevent you from learning about anything else.

26. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

87   11:55pm Wed 13 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

foxmannumber1 says

What you consider white privilege is earned privilege

Being pushed out of your mothers vagina doesn't count as "earning" anything.

foxmannumber1 says

Once again, blacks and latinos are worse off in the US because they are genetically less intelligent than the majority race in the US, which is white people. This is backed up by countless non racially biased IQ tests.

If race was the defining factor in IQ, explain why american blacks have IQs 20-30 points above their African peers. Explain why white eastern Europeans have IQs 10-15 points below genetically the same "race" Americans and western Europeans.

Explain the Flynn effect. Explain why the gap between black and white IQ shrank by 8 points in the last 20 years.

The biggest factor correlated with IQ is childhood nutrition. Nothing else even comes close. Childhood nutrition is closely correlated with poverty (as is infectious disease, the second most strongly correlated factor).

You keep saying that "studies" "prove" that black people have lower IQs because they are black. I wonder if you've ever read a single one of these studies, since that's explicitly not the conclusion that the researchers have actually drawn.

27. dublin hillz

Follow
    Befriend
    52 threads
    1,855 comments
    Dublin, CA

88   9:45am Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CL says

By white priviledge, do you mean specifically those groups that are the descendants of anglo saxons/german/irish european settlers or do you mean anyone who looks white at first glance such as even eastern european jews and mexicans from jalisco?

28. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    166 threads
    5,475 comments

89   10:21am Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

curious2 says

Latino refers to Latin American, usually males of Latin American descent (Latina refers to females, Latino can refer to males or groups comprising both males and females). Hispanic refers to Spanish, including Spain and most of Latin America. For example, Brazilians are Latino but not Hispanic, while Spaniards are Hispanic but not Latino.

Hispanic is a pure government made up term, it refers to everyone south of the border now a days.

Latin just refers to the language, because countries south of the border speak languages derived from Latin hence it's "Latin America". It has nothing to do with race again, just language, not descent.

But we all know that these terms are used very loosely, hence the stupid confusion around them everywhere.

29. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    116 threads
    4,363 comments

90   10:31am Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Webster's traces Latino to 1946, (1) "a native or inhabitant of Latin America" or (2) "a person of Latin-American origin living in the United States"

FortWayne says

Hispanic is a pure government made up term,

Which government? Webster's traces the first known use to 1584. I do agree that many people are careless with language, and misuse terms so loosely that definitions can blur, but that doesn't change the origin of the word. I still get annoyed when people mistake lie/lay, ensure/insure, etc. These are discrete words with distinct meanings, even though ignorant people misuse them.

Around half of English and French words come from Latin, but Louisiana has never been called "Latin America," so the phrase isn't about language. Try calling Ragin' Cajun Jim Carville Latino or Latin American, and he'll probably laugh and call you stupid.

30. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    166 threads
    5,475 comments

91   10:36am Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

You are trying to use logic to justify our governments recent choices?

31. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    116 threads
    4,363 comments

92   10:38am Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

FortWayne says

You are trying to use logic to justify our governments recent choices?

Not really, just tracing the words back further into history. People in government have their own logic, mainly reflecting their patronage networks.

32. CL

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    185 threads
    1,905 comments
    Emeryville, CA

93   11:58am Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

dublin hillz says

CL says

By white priviledge, do you mean specifically those groups that are the descendants of anglo saxons/german/irish european settlers or do you mean anyone who looks white at first glance such as even eastern european jews and mexicans from jalisco?

Sure, at first glance is a net positive. Even in Hispanic Countries, there is a hierarchy that bestows privilege upon the fairer skinned citizens. The darker you are, the lower your status, the worse your jobs and the lower your station.

They give indigenous peoples the worst non-arable land and take the best for the fairer skinned Euro-citizens.

In America, despite the percentages of Latinos and Blacks as citizens, they are proportionally under-represented in business and political leadership.

Now, one could argue that they are inferior, but I think most sentient beings understand that this is a result of hiring practices, educational opportunities and other factors that are supported and maintained by those who are in charge of such things.

33. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

94   12:31pm Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Brazilians speak Poruguese ... know why? But, you suggest that they are NOT Hispanic? That makes no sence. Can you explain? You do know where Spain and Portugual are, right?

Hispanic refers to Hispania refers to Spain as wrote out on early Maps (wrote out phonicly by the Italian and Portuguese doing the sailing and map making). All "Hispanic" is, is, a fancey reference to the same Latin speaking groups covered under the term "Latin". Now, Greeks should be pissed if you called them either Latino or Hispanic, but they dont care. Portuguese dont care either. Basque dont care. Italian dont care. Brazilian dont care. Colombian dont care. Azorian dont care. Sicilian dont care. Panamanian dont care. Peruvian dont care. Hmmm ... getting to be a narrow group, aint it?

Latin aint a race
    Hispanic aint a race
    Chicano aint a race
    Mexican aint a race
    Their inclusion as a race is abused as an excuse for bad behavior that is harmful to a healthy society, in my opinion.

roberto, why so much hate vato?

34. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

95   12:43pm Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

robertoaribas says

You aren't in charge of what words other groups use to describe themselves...

ahhhh ... and there we have it folks .... any group should be able to use any word to describe themselves, no matter the current use of the word, or if it even exists ... quanza for example, or chicano, or gay .... two made up words and one word that had a meaning that was stripped of it's identity by a group. Do you really think that is ok? Have you even pondered the reason why there are soooooo many liberal/leftist versions of this activity, and not too many conservative versions? Correct!! The left uses subversion tactics that right minded people find repulsive.

Clinton said a blowjob aint sex, and I'll be damned if he almost didn't pull it off and get that action to be removed from the sex act list by his followers in the mass media. Lord Barry has them telling everyone that debt is profit, and that welfare is income, and with the help of his minions he has almost pulled that off too.

Words have meaning. Gay should still mean happy. Queer worked just fine for describing those who express themselves as sexual deviants. Lets not forget, a new commercial is out defending the use of the word "Gay", to only be used as queers see fit. Aint that a little bit odd?? Nobody made them stop using it to mean "queer", why can't kids use it to mean "stupid" or "weird"?? Fairs fair, right?

35. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    116 threads
    4,363 comments

96   12:56pm Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Bap33 says

Words have meaning. Gay should still mean happy.

Words do have meaning, and since at least 14th century France the word "gay" has been used to describe the people who actually engage in the behavior that you fantasize obsessively about. And most of the people who do, are also happy, unlike you Bop69 whining obsessively about what you've been indoctrinated not to do even though you can't stop thinking about it.

Seriously, Bop69, get a life. It's Valentine's Day, go out there and meet a willing man and just make sure he wears a condom.

36. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    166 threads
    5,475 comments

97   1:03pm Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CL says

Sure, at first glance is a net positive. Even in Hispanic Countries, there is a hierarchy that bestows privilege upon the fairer skinned citizens. The darker you are, the lower your status, the worse your jobs and the lower your station.

It's not racially based, it's union based. People who lived in the benefits of socialism feel entitled to them. Just like out here, unionized workers demand benefits which they know no one else gets. They think they are special.

37. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

98   1:06pm Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CL says

In America, despite the percentages of Latinos and Blacks as citizens, they are proportionally under-represented in business and political leadership.

the term Under Represented is a bogus term.. If you have no interest, pursue no goals in business than why bitch about it. The same was true with politics since the 60s.

If you were to busy protesting against Govt and Business since the 60s on the College campus, you werent interested in joining the US society as a Business owner or Govt rep.

More likely, you found yourself in a suicidal death spiral of drugs, violence, and govt handouts...
    and thats what you had in the 1970s. Some took the other way and did make a positive contribution, and have done well in business and political leadership. You can blame the Liberals for their failures for the past 40 years.

38. CL

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    185 threads
    1,905 comments
    Emeryville, CA

99   5:56pm Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

thomaswong.1986 says

the term Under Represented is a bogus term..

And that is why women aren't in business executive roles commensurate with their experience or numbers?

thomaswong.1986 says

. You can blame the Liberals for their failures for the past 40 years.

Even though Republicans have controlled most of Government for most of that time?

This is good! Glad to see you're still alienating the same voting blocs you're ostensibly trying to court.

39. CL

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    185 threads
    1,905 comments
    Emeryville, CA

100   6:01pm Thu 14 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

FortWayne says

It's not racially based, it's union based. People who lived in the benefits of socialism feel entitled to them. Just like out here, unionized workers demand benefits which they know no one else gets. They think they are special.

What isn't? The fact that South American countries have barely ever, until recently, voted for indigenous peoples to represent them?

You don't believe colonialism exists, or you think that is a product of unions?

I've heard, anecdotally, that these Hispanics who think they're on top in say, Chile, have eye-opening experiences when they migrate to America. Seems they're not that "white" here, and are treated the way that they themselves used to treat the indegenos.

40. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

101   7:39am Fri 15 Feb 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

@roberto, lol
    special = me
    special needs = you

« First     « Previous comments    

dublin hillz is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 168 milliseconds to create.