The Coming Housing Collapse: The Fed, Instead Of Lehman, Owns The Mortgage Marke

By Bubbabear   Follow   Sat, 9 Mar 2013, 4:58pm   504 views   4 comments
In Yorba Linda CA 92886   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2013/03/05/peter-schiff-and-the-coming-housing-collapse-the-fed-instead-of-lehman-owns-the-mortgage-market/

Peter Schiff, the eternal provocateur, suggests the Feds extraordinary support of bond and housing markets will lead to a market crash as interest rates rise, leaving banks, mortgage originators, and lenders stuck with homes and low yielding loans as the economy slows, exacerbating the decline and throwing the economy into a deeper crisis.

Viewing Comments 1-4 of 4     Last »     See most liked comments

1. HEY YOU

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    903 threads
    2,299 comments

1   5:43pm Sat 9 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

"Rising rates will make it more difficult for people to qualify for mortgages and get homes, while a cooling economy, as a consequence of tighter monetary conditions, will limit renters’ ability to pay. As the housing market stalls, the financial system will begin to seize up, resulting in a stock market collapse and a deeper recession than in 2008."

I don't doubt that this is possible.
    Where can I purchase discount tickets for this ride. With my luck ,it's already sold out.

2. futuresmc

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1 threads
    466 comments
    Buffalo, NY

2   11:05pm Sat 9 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

John Bailo says

This is what *should* happen. We've got too many entrenched players, trying to stuff people back under their pyramids so they can get those guaranteed returns like back in the old days. At the same time we've got growth sectors that are starving for capital that could be growing markets, adding jobs and building revenue!

Not to mention these entrenched players control the computer systems that tell everyone what is happening in the markets, so there is no way to determine value. It's similar to what Stalin said "It's not the people who vote that count, but the people who count the votes".

3. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    546 threads
    3,200 comments

3   9:12am Sun 10 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Yeah, but the market is screwed up with the actions of the FED, that the word fundamentals has been retired-especially in high priced states.

Up in the bay area, people are going nuts-I know people willing to pay 400k+ for houses in frigging Tracy. Ever tried that commute on 580 on a weekeday?

4. bmwman91

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    40 threads
    1,539 comments

4   9:24am Sun 10 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

:lostand confused says

Yeah, but the market is screwed up with the actions of the FED, that the word fundamentals has been retired-especially in high priced states.

Up in the bay area, people are going nuts-I know people willing to pay 400k+ for houses in frigging Tracy. Ever tried that commute on 580 on a weekeday?

People want the good times back. 2006 was just too much fun!

Bubbabear is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 112 milliseconds to create.