« previous   misc   next »

Bay Area Offshoring American Jobs by Liberals

By FortWayne   Follow   Wed, 13 Mar 2013, 12:51pm PDT   714 views   18 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

For all you liberals who blame Republicans for offshoring jobs, here are your fellow liberals bringing them by a boat load. This was all over NPR celebrated like it's greatest thing since bubble gum.

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Blueseed-to-entrepreneurs-Your-ship-may-come-in-3570961.php

I guess Mitt Romney was right.

Comments 1-18 of 18     Last »

HEY YOU   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 1:39am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 1

Just finished hours of research & found that there will not be any conservative investment capital accepted & only liberal entrepreneurs need apply. lol

edvard2   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 1:46am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)     Comment 2

Mitt Romney also lost the election.

CaptainShuddup   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 2:51am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)     Comment 3

apple should move Foxcom to Labor sweat shop cruise ships that are floating factories just a few hundred yards off shore.

CaptainShuddup   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 2:59am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 4

Or better yet a floating ship so rich investors and software developers, anyone that can work remotely could work tax free. Gotta love innovation by Liberals, we'll take that shit and beat them over the fucking head every damn time.

Fuck I can just see a floating Wall street armada off the coast of New York with 10's of thousands of Investor titans, working tax free.

Good job fuckers.

And OH! I can actually say all that with out my mouth making wet clicking and clacking noises, those NPR pretentious fucks!

leo707   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 3:04am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 5

FortWayne says

Bay Area Offshoring American Jobs by Liberals

Hey FortWayne,

I don't think this article says what you think it says, but that is beside the point. This is not a "Liberal" endeavor. Peter Thiel is well known as a Libertarian (with Republican leanings) who supported Ron Paul and Meg Whitman.

Sorry, HEY YOU maybe if you spend another 5 minutes in your research. ;)

Capitalism does not discriminate too much between liberal or conservative leanings and I don't doubt that there are probably plenty of examples of real liberals who partake in "traditional" outsourcing.

lostand confused   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 3:10am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 6

Show me the money. Now that slave labor is becoming expensive in China, I wonder if Africa will be the next untapped frontier of cheap labor?

CaptainShuddup   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 3:19am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 7

leo707 says

Capitalism does not discriminate too much between liberal or conservative leanings and I don't doubt that there are probably plenty of examples of real liberals who partake in "traditional" outsourcing.

I agree how ever...
you would have never administered that pre November 06, 2012.

leo707   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 3:30am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

IDDQD says

leo707 says

Peter Thiel is well known as a Libertarian (with Republican leanings) who supported Ron Paul and Meg Whitman.

Seriously? Meg Whitman and Libertarian in one sentence?

Feel free to take it up with Peter Thiel.

zzyzzx   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 5:26am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 9

lostand confused says

I wonder if Africa will be the next untapped frontier of cheap labor?

Not enough IQ points on that continent.

zzyzzx   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 5:27am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

Wouldn't an office in China, India, Vietnam, Philippines. or maybe Bulgaria be cheaper to operate than a cruise ship

Vicente   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 5:59am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 11

IDDQD says

Seriously? Meg Whitman and Libertarian in one sentence?

What's so ridiculous about it?

As a former Libertarian myself, there's no conflict at all. I excused the fact that I voted straight Republican when no Libertarian was present, as just a coincidence. I was "independent" after all and it just SO HAPPENED that I defaulted to Republican because no Democrat EVER agreed with my views.

FortWayne   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 10:55am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 12

CaptainShuddup says

Fuck I can just see a floating Wall street armada off the coast of New York with 10's of thousands of Investor titans, working tax free.

Their bank accounts are already offshore, they don't have to inconvenience themselves. I know Romney is offshore financially, but plenty of politicians on both sides of the isle do that too.

lostand confused   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 11:44am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 13

FortWayne says

CaptainShuddup says

Their bank accounts are already offshore, they don't have to inconvenience themselves. I know Romney is offshore financially, but plenty of politicians on both sides of the isle do that too.

Yeah that is the problem. The rich set up shell corporations and all sorts of stuff legally. Corporations do the same. It is only middle class people who are affected by stupid laws like FATCA that Obama passed and is still pushing for with gusto. Considering he was an expat as a child, one would think he would at least know the consequences? But then he is a constitutional scholar who signed on to NDAA.

New Renter   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 1:16pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

CaptainShuddup says

You beat me to it - why are these guys picking on software engineers who make maybe $100-200k rather than picking on wall street guys making 5-10x as much? Why not offshore THOSE jobs?

New Renter   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 1:17pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 15

CaptainShuddup says

apple should move Foxcom to Labor sweat shop cruise ships that are floating factories just a few hundred yards off shore.

Why bother when you have Central America?

New Renter   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 1:20pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 16

IDDQD says

zzyzzx says

Wouldn't an office in China, India, Vietnam, Philippines. or maybe Bulgaria be cheaper to operate than a cruise ship

The idea to park a cruise ship full of engineers off California shore has been floated several times since 1999. But it was never able to hold water.

This story has the makings of a Bondesque supervillan lair...

Vicente   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 4:19pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 17

New Renter says

Not to mention the hilarity that will ensue when Norwalk or some even nastier virus incapacitates all these workers packed into their floating techno-slum. I suspect their master will just trigger the flame-units to sterilize the ship so they can start over.

New Renter   Thu, 14 Mar 2013, 5:31pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

Vicente says

New Renter says

Not to mention the hilarity that will ensue when Norwalk or some even nastier virus incapacitates all these workers packed into their floating techno-slum. I suspect their master will just trigger the flame-units to sterilize the ship so they can start over.

Sounds like a typical Carnival Cruse.

FortWayne is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email

home   top   share   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net