Bay Area Offshoring American Jobs by Liberals

By FortWayne   Follow   Wed, 13 Mar 2013, 7:51pm   590 views   18 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

For all you liberals who blame Republicans for offshoring jobs, here are your fellow liberals bringing them by a boat load. This was all over NPR celebrated like it's greatest thing since bubble gum.

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Blueseed-to-entrepreneurs-Your-ship-may-come-in-3570961.php

I guess Mitt Romney was right.

Viewing Comments 1-18 of 18     Last »     See most liked comments

1. HEY YOU

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    897 threads
    2,284 comments

1   8:39am Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Just finished hours of research & found that there will not be any conservative investment capital accepted & only liberal entrepreneurs need apply. lol

2. edvard2

Follow
    Befriend
    53 threads
    3,807 comments

2   8:46am Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

Mitt Romney also lost the election.

3. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,000 threads
    12,419 comments

3   9:51am Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

apple should move Foxcom to Labor sweat shop cruise ships that are floating factories just a few hundred yards off shore.

4. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,000 threads
    12,419 comments

4   9:59am Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Or better yet a floating ship so rich investors and software developers, anyone that can work remotely could work tax free. Gotta love innovation by Liberals, we'll take that shit and beat them over the fucking head every damn time.

Fuck I can just see a floating Wall street armada off the coast of New York with 10's of thousands of Investor titans, working tax free.

Good job fuckers.

And OH! I can actually say all that with out my mouth making wet clicking and clacking noises, those NPR pretentious fucks!

5. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

5   10:04am Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

FortWayne says

Bay Area Offshoring American Jobs by Liberals

Hey FortWayne,

I don't think this article says what you think it says, but that is beside the point. This is not a "Liberal" endeavor. Peter Thiel is well known as a Libertarian (with Republican leanings) who supported Ron Paul and Meg Whitman.

Sorry, HEY YOU maybe if you spend another 5 minutes in your research. ;)

Capitalism does not discriminate too much between liberal or conservative leanings and I don't doubt that there are probably plenty of examples of real liberals who partake in "traditional" outsourcing.

6. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    545 threads
    3,193 comments

6   10:10am Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Show me the money. Now that slave labor is becoming expensive in China, I wonder if Africa will be the next untapped frontier of cheap labor?

7. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,000 threads
    12,419 comments

7   10:19am Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

leo707 says

Capitalism does not discriminate too much between liberal or conservative leanings and I don't doubt that there are probably plenty of examples of real liberals who partake in "traditional" outsourcing.

I agree how ever...
    you would have never administered that pre November 06, 2012.

8. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

8   10:30am Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

IDDQD says

leo707 says

Peter Thiel is well known as a Libertarian (with Republican leanings) who supported Ron Paul and Meg Whitman.

Seriously? Meg Whitman and Libertarian in one sentence?

Feel free to take it up with Peter Thiel.

9. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    861 threads
    7,292 comments
    Baltimore, MD

9   12:26pm Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

lostand confused says

I wonder if Africa will be the next untapped frontier of cheap labor?

Not enough IQ points on that continent.

10. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    861 threads
    7,292 comments
    Baltimore, MD

10   12:27pm Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Wouldn't an office in China, India, Vietnam, Philippines. or maybe Bulgaria be cheaper to operate than a cruise ship

11. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    269 threads
    6,025 comments
    Davis, CA

11   12:59pm Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

IDDQD says

Seriously? Meg Whitman and Libertarian in one sentence?

What's so ridiculous about it?

As a former Libertarian myself, there's no conflict at all. I excused the fact that I voted straight Republican when no Libertarian was present, as just a coincidence. I was "independent" after all and it just SO HAPPENED that I defaulted to Republican because no Democrat EVER agreed with my views.

12. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    170 threads
    5,547 comments

12   5:55pm Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

CaptainShuddup says

Fuck I can just see a floating Wall street armada off the coast of New York with 10's of thousands of Investor titans, working tax free.

Their bank accounts are already offshore, they don't have to inconvenience themselves. I know Romney is offshore financially, but plenty of politicians on both sides of the isle do that too.

13. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    545 threads
    3,193 comments

13   6:44pm Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

FortWayne says

CaptainShuddup says

Their bank accounts are already offshore, they don't have to inconvenience themselves. I know Romney is offshore financially, but plenty of politicians on both sides of the isle do that too.

Yeah that is the problem. The rich set up shell corporations and all sorts of stuff legally. Corporations do the same. It is only middle class people who are affected by stupid laws like FATCA that Obama passed and is still pushing for with gusto. Considering he was an expat as a child, one would think he would at least know the consequences? But then he is a constitutional scholar who signed on to NDAA.

14. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    6,679 comments
    San Jose, CA

14   8:16pm Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

You beat me to it - why are these guys picking on software engineers who make maybe $100-200k rather than picking on wall street guys making 5-10x as much? Why not offshore THOSE jobs?

15. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    6,679 comments
    San Jose, CA

15   8:17pm Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

apple should move Foxcom to Labor sweat shop cruise ships that are floating factories just a few hundred yards off shore.

Why bother when you have Central America?

16. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    6,679 comments
    San Jose, CA

16   8:20pm Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

IDDQD says

zzyzzx says

Wouldn't an office in China, India, Vietnam, Philippines. or maybe Bulgaria be cheaper to operate than a cruise ship

The idea to park a cruise ship full of engineers off California shore has been floated several times since 1999. But it was never able to hold water.

This story has the makings of a Bondesque supervillan lair...

17. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    269 threads
    6,025 comments
    Davis, CA

17   11:19pm Thu 14 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

New Renter says

Not to mention the hilarity that will ensue when Norwalk or some even nastier virus incapacitates all these workers packed into their floating techno-slum. I suspect their master will just trigger the flame-units to sterilize the ship so they can start over.

18. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    34 threads
    6,679 comments
    San Jose, CA

18   12:31am Fri 15 Mar 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Vicente says

New Renter says

Not to mention the hilarity that will ensue when Norwalk or some even nastier virus incapacitates all these workers packed into their floating techno-slum. I suspect their master will just trigger the flame-units to sterilize the ship so they can start over.

Sounds like a typical Carnival Cruse.

FortWayne is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 211 milliseconds to create.