« previous   misc   next »

black coffee

By thankshousingbubble   Follow   Thu, 18 Apr 2013, 1:17pm PDT   986 views   19 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

Comments 1-19 of 19     Last »

Call it Crazy   Thu, 18 Apr 2013, 1:28pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 1

Oh crap, I thought you were coming on to tell us you're leaving the site... damn....

robertoaribas says

No doubt, interpersonal communication skills, which we've all been working on here together, helped with this achievement.

Maybe when you REALLY improve your interpersonal skills you can graduate out of teaching junior high...

thomaswong.1986   Thu, 18 Apr 2013, 1:41pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 2

Call it Crazy says

Oh crap, I thought you were coming on to tell us you're leaving the site... damn....

Roberto's machismo isnt all that surprising...

Hey Hey Look at me..no really look at me!

thomaswong.1986   Thu, 18 Apr 2013, 1:44pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

robertoaribas says

I have been elected to a department chair position at my college, together with a large promotion!

Public school.. paid by public tax payers money...

So tell us Roberto, who do you serve in Arizona ?

Vicente   Thu, 18 Apr 2013, 1:44pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 4

Congrats! Few on here will understand how hard that is, but I do.

Call it Crazy   Thu, 18 Apr 2013, 1:46pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 5

thomaswong.1986 says

robertoaribas says

I have been elected to a department chair position at my college, together with a large promotion!

Public school.. paid by public tax payers ...

Notice how he says "MY" college... it's always about him... or does he own the college like his other 15 crap shacks??

Bigsby   Thu, 18 Apr 2013, 1:58pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 6

Call it Crazy says

thomaswong.1986 says

robertoaribas says

Public school.. paid by public tax payers ...

Notice how he says "MY" college... it's always about him... or does he own the college like his other 15 crap shacks??

So you've never said MY hometown, MY country, MY hotel....

Goran_K   Thu, 18 Apr 2013, 2:05pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 7

Congrats Roberto

New Renter   Thu, 18 Apr 2013, 4:40pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

Congratulations on your promotion.

New Renter   Thu, 18 Apr 2013, 5:41pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

robertoaribas says

Cause I think of them like my slaves?

Only when they're your grad students. Then you OWN their asses.

New Renter   Thu, 18 Apr 2013, 5:43pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

robertoaribas says

No doubt, interpersonal communication skills, which we've all been working on here together, helped with this achievement. So thanks to you all, the proliferate conversationalists who debate me with vigor, to the occasional poster.

(In my department we had to hire externally because no one internally wanted the job. )

thomaswong.1986   Thu, 18 Apr 2013, 7:23pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 11

robertoaribas says

and I say "I want my students to think... I want my students to grow... I want my students to star when the transfer to ASU..." Cause I think of them like my slaves?

and once again who do you serve in this public institution ?

yup1   Fri, 19 Apr 2013, 12:54am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 12

robertoaribas says

I will no doubt be much busier, but never fear Crazy, I'll still find time to
visit on here from time to time.

Damn no more posting during math class, bummer.

Congrats

CaptainShuddup   Fri, 19 Apr 2013, 1:03am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 13

So basically if you can withstand the Patnet abuse with out getting banned.
Then everything else in life will be gravy.

Congrats on your new position.

New Renter   Fri, 19 Apr 2013, 2:01am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 14

CaptainShuddup says

So basically if you can withstand the Patnet abuse with out getting banned.

Then everything else in life will be gravy.

Congrats on your new position.

Its been clear for some time Roberto is a masochist. Just living in Phoenix, a career in teaching, working on his properties in 110 degree heat, his time on PatNet, and now this.

His ability to take abuse is well documented. He's perfect for the job ;)

Good luck Roberto!

Ceffer   Fri, 19 Apr 2013, 3:21am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 15

Congratulations, Roberto. Don't agree with much of the bubble blowing rhetoric, but still enjoy your posts. Soldier on.

EBGuy   Fri, 19 Apr 2013, 4:00am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 16

I'm going to console myself with the thought that your interpersonal skillz are much better in person. You certainly have a lot of passion, and that's what's need in the profession -- I think.
Congrats on the promotion, but won't this interfere with your ability to run the rental empire from an island in the Caribbean? (oh wait, now I see... "Is the dept. chair in?" "No, I think he's on a long lunch break, but I'll have him get back to you when he returns...)

mike2   Fri, 19 Apr 2013, 5:33am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 17

Congrats on the Position! You earned it and you deserve it.
No doubt some of these debates helped you to be pursuasive in your arguments! Wish you the very Best..That position might put of your retirement for a few more years?

Mark D   Fri, 19 Apr 2013, 6:21am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

how big is the raise we'r talking about here?

CashWillCrash   Fri, 19 Apr 2013, 7:04am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 19

Congratulations! Hope you will still find enough time to expand your real estate portfolio which I think can be financially even more rewarding than your successful college career. But maybe if prices double or triple you will sell off and cash out???

thankshousingbubble is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email

home   top   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net