How CNN Calculates money loses

By TechGromit   Follow   Fri, 19 Apr 2013, 7:13am   104 views   1 comment
In Egg Harbor City NJ 08215   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2013/04/18/bitcoin-investor/?iid=EL

According to the CNN article the guy invested $1,000 in bit coins, the value surged to over $60,000 than back down to $11,000 so he "lost" $50,000 because he didn't sell at the market peak. Can anyone explain this logic to me? Did I "lose" money on my house because I didn't sell at the very top of the housing market bubble? Did I lose 10 million dollars because I failed to pick the correct numbers in the last lottery drawing? Did I lose out on a life of wealth and luxury because 19 years ago I turned right on main street instead of left, where I would have met a women who was a millionaire and would have married me sharing her wealth.

I just fail to understand how potential / unrealized wealth can be considered lost wealth.

Viewing Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »     See most liked comments

1. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,053 threads
    12,951 comments

1   8:05am Fri 19 Apr 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

You know it's amazing that the biggest portion of CNN commenters are people criticizing CNN's integrity. It never gets old.

TechGromit is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 24 milliseconds to create.