1st female Iraq war resister to be court martialed - Yahoo! News

By bgamall4   Follow   Mon, 29 Apr 2013, 7:05pm   131 views   5 comments
In Las Vegas NV 89117   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://news.yahoo.com/1st-female-iraq-war-resister-court-martialed-131644765.html shame on Canada.

Viewing Comments 1-5 of 5     Last »     See most liked comments

1. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    939 threads
    11,849 comments

1   1:55pm Wed 1 May 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Playin Army is hard work, umkay? ...um-kay!

2. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,055 threads
    13,344 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

2   4:11pm Wed 1 May 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

More reason that no one should ever join any military. You don't get to decide which wars are just. You are basically a slave to your government when you enlist.

I hope recruitment goes down in response to this.

3. bgamall4

Follow
    Befriend (11)
    1,239 threads
    7,690 comments
    64 male
    Las Vegas, NV
    bgamall4's website
    Premium

3   11:38pm Wed 1 May 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

Playin Army is hard work, umkay? ...um-kay

Canada should never have turned this woman in. Can you imagine the blowback in the Vietnam War? Most of America's wars have been crap wars since WW2. So a crap government doing crap things has no moral authority over this woman.

4. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    939 threads
    11,849 comments

4   8:49am Thu 2 May 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I disagree, these people signed up.
    If you want to be outraged, then be outraged over the recruiter ghouls that start courting school kids, at an age as early as 15. Constantly sending them letters and brochures, glorifying a life in the Military.
    My daughter likes to give me crap sometimes when I lean into her on her studies and homework. "I'm going to join the Army..."

To which I reply, that as much of a mean ole grouchy ogre I can be when you guys are disrespectful, lazy, irresponsible, undisciplined, a drill Sargent will make me and my house rules, look like the blissful zen Gandhi approach to parenting.

My daughters aren't unique, this whole generation, even as bright as they are, lack the basic necessity that encompasses all of the attributes I listed above. I can't imagine for the life of me, in this demand respect culture of know nothing brats, how in the hell any kid makes it past boot camp with out either being killed by the staff Sargent, or killing the Sargent.

They think its all going to be playing Video games, and flying expensive remote control air planes.

5. bgamall4

Follow
    Befriend (11)
    1,239 threads
    7,690 comments
    64 male
    Las Vegas, NV
    bgamall4's website
    Premium

5   9:51am Thu 2 May 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

I disagree, these people signed up.

I understand what you are saying Captain, but these are tough times. It is easy to recruit when you have the Fed deliberately suppressing the economy as I wrote here: http://www.recourse-loans.com/2013/04/austerity-is-placed-on-america-in.html

Look at the chart at the bottom that I pulled from FRED. You can see that the Fed is orchestrating a slow economy, and is orchestrating a rise in commodity prices further hurting main street.

The Fed could raise interest rates and savers would actually prosper more. The Fed does not do so because it would, as the chart shows, kill the interest rate swap business.

As it is the Fed has generated a new housing bubble with low sales numbers and speculation. And this has been done in a matter of months.

Premium member bgamall4 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 69 milliseconds to create.