The Lights Are On But Nobody Is Home

By Bubbabear   Follow   Tue, 30 Apr 2013, 12:58pm   310 views   3 comments
In Yorba Linda CA 92886   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2013/04/hvs-q1-2013-homeownership-and-vacancy.html

This report is frequently mentioned by analysts and the media to track the homeownership rate, and the homeowner and rental vacancy rates.  However, there are serious questions about the accuracy of this survey.

Viewing Comments 1-3 of 3     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Blurtman

Follow
    Befriend
    355 threads
    2,025 comments

1   3:39pm Tue 30 Apr 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Calculated Risk quotes LPS as if it were the Bible but never acknowledges that LPS is a convicted felon forger and perjurer.

While many people like Calculated Risk, it is a very subtle industry pumper blog, and has little credibility.

2. CDon

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    533 comments

2   4:11pm Tue 30 Apr 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Blurtman says

While many people like Calculated Risk, it is a very subtle industry pumper
    blog, and has little credibility.

Actually, of all the "gurus" out there, I would say CR has the highest credibility. Who else, has a trackrecord, of being optimistic at times, and resoundingly bearish at others?

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

Headlines like "Epic Crash" and "Global Meltdown" are not the kind of thing you would expect from a "industry pumper".

I think the bears forget how doomish CR was back a few years ago. Back in 08, CR was the bears darling. It is only in early 09 that CR started going bullish, angering its (largely) bearish audience, and the rest is history...

3. dodgerfanjohn

Follow
    Befriend
    39 threads
    1,604 comments
    Los Angeles, CA

3   4:20pm Tue 30 Apr 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I don't see how you can ever get an accurate picture of rental vacancies other than declining or rising rents in a micro market.

Landlords are some of the most unscrupulous individuals I've ever met, and to say untruthfulness is a trait most landlords posses would not be an exaggeration.

Bubbabear is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 96 milliseconds to create.