Plague of Gold Bears Now Say "Gold Unsafe at Any Price"

By Mish   Follow   Wed, 26 Jun 2013, 1:24pm   1,259 views   64 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Plague of Gold Bears Now Say "Gold Unsafe at Any Price"; What's the Real Long-Term Driver for Gold?
http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2013/06/plague-of-gold-bears-now-say-gold.html
Mish

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 25-64 of 64     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    80 threads
    3,306 comments
    Lakeshore, CA

25   7:40pm Wed 26 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Reality says

Mish's buy-in announcement was on June 13th, less than two weeks ago.

He's seen a 20% move against him in these two weeks. Any intelligent investor would have been stopped out a long time ago.

iwog has been sitting very pretty since his move into the specuvestor realm.

2. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

26   7:43pm Wed 26 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

Reality says

So, was your 2008 purchase(s) "horribly fatally proven wrong" within a few weeks to a few months?

No, I lost about 25% equity off my first house purchase. The difference? I started buying 6 months before the bottom and dollar cost averaged through 2012. I basically covered the entire bottom.

So, why weren't you calling yourself "horribly fatally proven wrong" two weeks after buying the 2008 purchases? How gracious of you to give yourself the opportunity to "dollar cost averaging" but not granting the same benefit of doubt to others.

What Mish did was an exactly opposite. He started buying before the top and continued buying through the highs and back down into the early part of the crash.

Your description is so misleading as to make you come across dishonest. Mish started buying gold in the early 2000's. In other words, he enjoyed almost the entire decade long trend of appreciation! As for at the highs, he was actually remarkably ambivalent for someone who had very long positions in it.

Presumably he's been buying or at least advocating a long position in gold and still does.'

That would not be a bad idea if you believe the bear market in the metal is only 3yrs; we are almost 2yrs into it already. Considering his cost basis with the positions established a decade or more ago, it would make no sense to sell and pay taxes. Take for example, gold purchased at $300/oz selling at $1900 would immediately have $1600/oz profit liable to taxation at collectible rate! That's assuming the genius pin-pointed the peak at $1900 (which begs the question why he didn't see 1700 as peak earlier??). By the time trend reversal is clear at $1700 or so, the $1400/oz profit translating into some $500/oz tax liability would leave only $1200/oz for re-purchasing. So why bother trading around just to generate tax liabilities.

3. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

27   7:51pm Wed 26 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bellingham Bill says

He's seen a 20% move against him in these two weeks. Any intelligent investor would have been stopped out a long time ago.

Depending on one's trading style and the characterisitcs of underlying trading vehicle. Massive flushing at movement extremities are common for precious metal and miners. Personally I wouldn't want to be a hero buying in before the stick bounce . . . but some people do (a more youthful version of myself used to do that), and they probably know not to be shaken out of positions (by rational asset allocation etc.).

iwog has been sitting very pretty since his move into the specuvestor realm.

You must have missed that part where at one point he was down over 25% after his 2008 purchase. Bottom (and top) picking are common human desires/hubris.

4. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

28   8:06pm Wed 26 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Reality says

So, why weren't you calling yourself "horribly fatally proven wrong" two weeks after buying the 2008 purchases? How gracious of you to give yourself the opportunity to "dollar cost averaging" but not granting the same benefit of doubt to others.

Are you nuts? I mean clinically nuts?

Mish has been a gold bug for fucking years and you want to talk about the last couple of weeks? I found a thread in late 2012 crowing about how great the gold market was and his gains for 2012 were outstanding.

5. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

29   8:08pm Wed 26 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

I started buying real property right before the bottom and continued through the bottom.

Mish started buying gold right before the top and continued buying through the early crash. Does it really freaking matter if he claims he was buying back in 2005??

Only in your twisted universe are these the same thing.

You know it's always a biggest dick contest with you. The only reason we're talking about my investments is that you brought them up. The housing bubble and crash had causes that were not attached to any particular economic philosophy. It was created on a mountain of fraud.

The mountain of bullshit that Mish calls economic theory however doesn't allow for a crashing gold market concurrent with rising interest rates. I didn't intend to say Mish's market prediction was horribly flawed, but the basis for that prediction was horribly flawed. It's an important distinction which you continue to ignore.

6. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    435 threads
    13,209 comments

30   8:17pm Wed 26 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

You watch. In a matter of months, a yam will eclipse the value of a gold bar.

7. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

31   2:26am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

iwog says

I started buying real property right before the bottom and continued through the bottom.

So you claim. 2008 was 1-2 years after the crash started, and 3-4 years before the early 2012 bottom . . . assuming that was the bottom. It's only been a little over 1yr since then.

Mish started buying gold right before the top and continued buying through the early crash. Does it really freaking matter if he claims he was buying back in 2005??

Now you are just making shit up. Mish's writings were remarkably neutral on buying gold in 2010 and 2011. I doubt he made much of any new acquisition above $1200/oz or $1400/oz. His writings were bullish on gold since 2005 and earlier (I read some of his forum posts before his blog was founded); that means an early cost basis lower than $500.

Does it matter to you he is sitting on over 100% gain by riding a trend for so many years? Obviously not in your twisted universe of dickhead bottom/top picking.

You know it's always a biggest dick contest with you. The only reason we're talking about my investments is that you brought them up.

You are the one starting those dick contests, by bragging about your successes and twisting early failures, while putting down other people.

The housing bubble and crash had causes that were not attached to any particular economic philosophy. It was created on a mountain of fraud.

You do not understand any economic theory. You just think the game of Monopoly is a viable complete model of the real world, and then invent shit like "economic philosophy," whatever that is. Rampant financial fraud was symptomatic of economic bubble. It's no co-incidence that much of the fraud in the recent bubble were repeats of late 1920's frauds.

The mountain of bullshit that Mish calls economic theory however doesn't allow for a crashing gold market concurrent with rising interest rates.

Did you even read his writing over the past few years? Mish has been in the deflation camp since early 2008! He always said gold price crash was a possibility at any time. On top of that, he has enough wisdom not to call tops and bottoms, and explicitly stating he is not in the business of predicting prices at any given time per se.

I didn't intend to say Mish's market prediction was horribly flawed, but the basis for that prediction was horribly flawed. It's an important distinction which you continue to ignore.

You are lying yet again. Your very first post to this thread said "Mich's position on gold, now horribly fatally proven wrong . . . "

For what it's worth, Mish does not hold himself forth as a predictor of market tops and bottoms like you do. His trend following in gold in the past decade plus was highly profitable. He has been warning about asset bubbles bursting since before the 2008 crash, yet he has always been explicit about it's impossible to pick the exact top or bottom. You are just an egomaniac giving yourself 4+ years leeway to let your own money losing positions work out in the end, while jumping all over other people for buying a few weeks too early, then making up shit along the way.

8. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

32   2:38am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

Are you nuts? I mean clinically nuts?

Mish has been a gold bug for fucking years and you want to talk about the last couple of weeks? I found a thread in late 2012 crowing about how great the gold market was and his gains for 2012 were outstanding.

Like where? You must be confusing summaries on decade long trend in gold vs. 1yr performance in gold, or 1yr portfolio performance with many other assets. Mish was not at all bullish on new purchase into gold in 2011 and 2012.

9. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

33   8:19am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Reality says

Like where? You must be confusing summaries on decade long trend in gold vs. 1yr performance in gold, or 1yr portfolio performance with many other assets. Mish was not at all bullish on new purchase into gold in 2011 and 2012.

Yeah and then there's the real world:

Dec. 31, 2012

one would be prudent to buy and hold gold

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2012/12/gold-has-longest-streak-of-annual-gains.html

July 31, 2012

Recent Gold Hype Sounds Like Grade-School Chant; Five Non-Hype Reasons to Own Gold

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2012/07/recent-gold-hype-sounds-like-grade.html

Aug 24, 2011

Central bank and government actions around the globe increasingly prove that gold is the place to be.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2011/08/gold-worlds-currency.html

10. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

34   8:30am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

iwog says

Dec. 31, 2012

one would be prudent to buy and hold gold

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2012/12/gold-has-longest-streak-of-annual-gains.html

Did you even read the whole article? Mish wasn't at all recommending buying gold as a trading position at that time. Buying and holding gold (for part of one's portfolio) was just part of his consistent portfolio diversification. In case it's not obviously, right after the parenthetic quote you cite here, he went on multiple paragraphs on under what circumstances and government policies would actually hurt the cash value of gold holdings . . . the same set of policies that he recommends for the government!

July 31, 2012

Recent Gold Hype Sounds Like Grade-School Chant; Five Non-Hype Reasons to Own Gold

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2012/07/recent-gold-hype-sounds-like-grade.html

Do you even read what you type? He was explicit in debunking the hypes regarding buying gold near the top. Owning gold as a part of one's portfolio diversification however is a different story. It is quite clear by now that you were just lying and making up shit as usual when you accused him of buying gold at the top.

11. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

35   8:56am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Silly me, and I thought words meant something.

12. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

36   9:00am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

iwog says

Silly me, and I thought words meant something.

Of course they do. He was taking the hypsters to task.

13. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

37   9:02am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Someday you're going to learn that wanting to be right and being right aren't the same thing.

Or maybe not.........

14. tr6

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    14 threads
    498 comments
    Premium

38   9:04am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

In Mish's defense, he sold his silver when it was really high and put the money into gold which was a very smart move at the time. Yes, gold is down, but the profits that he realized from silver outweigh the decline in gold.

15. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

39   9:06am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)   Protected  

treatmentreport says

In Mish's defense, he sold his silver when it was really high and put the money into gold which was a very smart move at the time. Yes, gold is down, but the profits that he realized from silver outweigh the decline in gold.

Yes that's correct, but the discussion wasn't about if he made money or not. The discussion was if Mish advocated the purchase of gold right before the top, at the top, and just after the top.

The answer is yes. As always, Reality refuses to allow reality to invade his sphere of existence.

16. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

40   10:25am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

iwog says

but the discussion wasn't about if he made money or not. The discussion was if Mish advocated the purchase of gold right before the top, at the top, and just after the top.

The answer is yes. As always, Reality refuses to allow reality to invade his sphere of existence.

That's complete nonsense. Read the posts that you cited for yourself. Mish was belittling the hypsters who were pushing for "to da moon" near the top.

Mish does advocate holding a portion of a portfolio in gold for the long term as a "reserve currency" . . . on that point, he has been correct for over a decade . . . and if you are serious about getting back in gold in 2014, then you are affirming his long term take. Mish's position on gold is not as a short term trader; in fact, as far as short term trading was concerned, he was explicitly criticizing the hypsters near the top.

17. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

41   10:28am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

iwog says

Someday you're going to learn that wanting to be right and being right aren't the same thing.

More like the hubris to accuse other people being wrong when you are the one who is wrong or making even bigger mistakes.

18. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

42   11:14am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Reality says

and if you are serious about getting back in gold in 2014, then you are affirming his long term take.

My reasons for POSSIBLY buying gold in 2014 have nothing to do with the federal reserve cult and everything to do with speculation.

Unfortunately I've made the vast majority of my income speculating long term in various markets. I say unfortunately because I'd really rather be doing something more productive, however it is what it is and I'm good at it.

The peak of the gold bubble was 2011. As I type this, gold has hit $1200 and is once again crashing. Because of the nature of bubbles, gold will overshoot to the down side and will be very cheap at the bottom as speculators liquidate hundreds of tons.

However the ETFs will run out of gold soon and gold will be extremely cheap relative to the past few years. As always happens, the vultures will come in and start to lock up all the metal just as they locked up the real estate. Unprecedented consumption in India and China will fuel a new bull market and we're off to the races again.

Notice I don't give a flying fuck what the fed does or which country is printing more money. Unless that cash gets into the hands of consumers, inflation is dead and will remain dead forever. Furthermore people like yourself will guarantee a new depression sometime near the end of the decade. The fact Mish and I were long prior to 2011 is a coincidence. His reasons for being long were absurd which is why he's being punished now.

Accepting that Mish is a typical investor, he'll abandon gold about the time I'm buying it.

19. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    80 threads
    3,306 comments
    Lakeshore, CA

43   11:22am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

iwog says

Furthermore people like yourself will guarantee a new depression

indeed, as I wrote in the other gold thread:

"to fix things we've got to get this:

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/GINIALLRH

and

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/NETEXP

and

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/?g=jMi

back to where it was in the 1960s-70s.

Half this country has to get their heads out of their asses."

Right-wing economics celebrates these current trends, and wants more imbalance.

It is quite odd, actually. I don't know what they're game is, maybe just the whackdoodle impression is to get their position so far to the right that the inevitable political compromise is not so bad for them in the end.

20. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

44   11:27am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Bellingham Bill says

Right-wing economics celebrates these current trends, and wants more imbalance.

Tis true however the right has effectively made quotas and tariffs appear radical in the eyes of most Americans. Even liberals will often say economic borders are a bad idea, even when China uses them to great effect.

21. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

45   11:39am Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

iwog says

Unfortunately I've made the vast majority of my income speculating long term in various markets.

Come on, get real. Are you sure working as a paralegal for your wife is not a major component of your income?

However the ETFs will run out of gold soon and gold will be extremely cheap relative to the past few years. As always happens, the vultures will come in and start to lock up all the metal just as they locked up the real estate. Unprecedented consumption in India and China will fuel a new bull market and we're off to the races again. Notice I don't give a flying fuck what the fed does or which country is printing more money. Unless that cash gets into the hands of consumers, inflation is dead and will remain dead forever.

How exactly would Indian or Chinese get the US dollar to buy gold in dollars thereby changing the gold/dollar ratio (aka dollar price of gold), if not for consumer spending and buying imported goods from India and China? Like I said, you are ignorant, and proud of it!

Furthermore people like yourself will guarantee a new depression sometime near the end of the decade.

What's that supposed to mean? Economic cycles do run about 8-10 years; you are the type of people responsible for depressions, and I'm the type of people responsible for recoveries.

The fact Mish and I were long prior to 2011 is a coincidence. His reasons for being long were absurd which is why he's being punished now.

No shit it was co-incidence. He had much longer exposure to the gold bull market than you did. It's doubtful you traded more than a miniscule amount; if you traded substantial amounts, tax code treatment of gold and gold ETF would have taught you to trade differently.

Accepting that Mish is a typical investor, he'll abandon gold about the time I'm buying it.

Mish is not a typical investor. You OTOH is all hat, no cattle.

22. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

46   12:01pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Wow, that was really petty.

Reality says

It's doubtful you traded more than a miniscule amount; if you traded substantial amounts, tax code treatment of gold and gold ETF would have taught you to trade differently.

People who have money and aren't broke paralegals don't trade the gold ETF or hold physical metal. They buy futures contracts and futures options to take advantage of criminally favorable 60/40 tax treatment.

I wouldn't personally know about any of that but I've heard rumors.

23. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

47   12:46pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

iwog says

People who have money and aren't broke paralegals don't trade the gold ETF or hold physical metal. They buy futures contracts and futures options to take advantage of criminally favorable 60/40 tax treatment.

I wouldn't personally know about any of that but I've heard rumors.

So what does that have to do with you? Are you telling us now you work as a paralegal for your wife, buy and manage houses, post on patnet all day, and trade fast moving highly leveraged futures contracts and futures options too?

What are you? A "legal person" consisted of a team of real human beings in an incorporated entity?

24. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

48   1:29pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Reality says

So what does have to do with you? Are you telling us now you work as a paralegal for your wife, buy and manage houses, post on patnet all day, and trade fast moving highly leveraged futures contracts and futures options too?

Nope. I told you. I'm broke and I get food stamps and trade my fantasy investment portfolio.

I created a bunch of pretend screen names and then pretended to help them get futures brokerage accounts back in 2010. I'm a loon.

25. CDon

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    545 comments

49   1:31pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

iwog says

The main point was that identifying a bottom in 2009 was an outstanding
    prediction, especially when most people on this site and indeed the entire world
    was saying CRASH CRASH CRASH!!!

Agreed. All calls can be somewhat relative which is especially the case here on Patnet. For the (nominal) US housing market, Iwog did indeed miss it by a few percentage points 2009 vs, 2012. Yet, in 2009 this site was still overwhelmingly negative in the sense that people were still screaming (a) we were NOWHERE NEAR THE BOTTOM!!! (b) 07-09 was just the first leg down, (c) 1975 nominal prices were in our immediate future etc, etc. - and compared to these calls, Iwog was the (albeit grating to many) voice of clarity.

I think the other big difference between the 09 & 12 bottoms was the absolute mountain of inventory that was still around in 09. At that time, people really did have the pick of the litter in terms of quality, choice and whatnot - and this was especially important for people who just wanted to buy a place to live in.

26. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

50   1:32pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)   Protected  

CDon says

albeit grating to many

+1

I need more kittens.

27. futuresmc

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1 threads
    466 comments
    Buffalo, NY

51   1:33pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

The issue with gold is that people are coming to realize that in a world where money is digital, whether it be printed by a central bank or stolen by a Nigerian prince in a wire transfer, gold's role as an absolute store of value is limited. For nearly all of human history, gold has been the back up, the system restore point for the economy, regardless of other currencies. If an empire fell, their gold (and silver) currency still had value. If a fiat money was hyper inflated to be near worthless, those that held gold bars still had assets that could be traded for goods an services. Now both currency and money have been made equally valuable or valueless by a collective digital fiction. Gold no longer protects and large numbers of investors are just waking up to this understanding.

28. CDon

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    545 comments

52   1:35pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

EBGuy says

... And for completeness (since Ducky was buying in the Bay Area), the C/S SF Bay Area index bottomed out in March 2009 at 117.71.

Yes, and now its over 160. Unlike much of the US which really did see a nominal bottom in 2012, SF hit that 117 number back in Mar 09 and never really looked back on its way to 160 today.

29. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    80 threads
    3,306 comments
    Lakeshore, CA

53   2:00pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

futuresmc says

Gold no longer protects and large numbers of investors are just waking up to this understanding

nah, it was just a crowded trade, 2008-2011.

30. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    80 threads
    3,306 comments
    Lakeshore, CA

54   2:04pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  
  31. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

55   6:50pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

iwog says

I created a bunch of pretend screen names and then pretended to help them get futures brokerage accounts back in 2010. I'm a loon.

So you started trading gold futures in 2010! Isn't that just about one year before the top? Somehow you think 2008 being 3-4 years before the 2012 RE bottom was "near the bottom" . . . looks like you are the one who bought gold near the top, not Mish.

32. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

56   7:41pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Reality says

So you started trading gold futures in 2010! Isn't that just about one year before the top? Somehow you think 2008 being 3-4 years before the 2012 RE bottom was "near the bottom" . . . looks like you are the one who bought gold near the top, not Mish.

Nothing I said could possibly be construed as "I started trading gold futures in 2010." You pulled that clear out of your ass on your own. Even if you took the "I was helping fake board members create brokerage accounts" at face value, which would have been stupid, it STILL could not possibly lead to that conclusion.

This is a perfect example of what I mean when I say you are a dishonest person and a troll. Clear as day.

33. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

57   8:29pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

iwog says

This is a perfect example of what I mean when I say you are a dishonest person and a troll. Clear as day.

Only in your own imagination. I drew a logic conclusion and asked a question based on the misinformation that you provided.

You OTOH are indeed a dishonest person and a troll, for calling 2008 RE "near bottom" when it was 1-2 years after the crash started and 3-4 years before the 2012 bottom . . . for accusing Mish of buying near the top when he was explicitly making fun of the hypsters at the time, as spelled in your own citation of his writings.

You know what else makes you a dishonest person and a troll? Your utter lack of understanding about basic economic concepts (such as GDP components), imagining the game of Monopoly as canonic economic model for real life, yet having no qualms about jumping all over people engaging in pointless personal attacks that only prove yourself to be a buffoon.

34. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

58   8:56pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Reality says

I drew a logic conclusion and asked a question based on the misinformation that you provided.

This is a question?

Reality says

So you started trading gold futures in 2010!

Explain the logic that you used to arrive at this conclusion.

35. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

59   8:57pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Reality says

You know what else makes you a dishonest person and a troll? Your utter lack of understanding about basic economic concepts (such as GDP components), imagining the game of Monopoly as canonic economic model for real life, yet having no qualms about jumping all over people engaging in pointless personal attacks that only prove yourself to be a buffoon.

You forgot to complain about my secret identity.

I think your latest episode of "Funny Farm" has jumped the shark. Nice work.

36. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

60   9:16pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

iwog says

This is a question?

Didn't you see the question mark in my post?

Explain the logic that you used to arrive at this conclusion.

Here's what you wrote:

So you are either a loon or a liar. In any case, you were not being an effective communicator. It's hard not to take your claim to be a loon at face value based on your earlier serious contention that the game of Monopoly is a good simulation of the real economy!

37. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

61   9:18pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

iwog says

Reality says

You forgot to complain about my secret identity.

I think your latest episode of "Funny Farm" has jumped the shark. Nice work.

In other words, you have no rebuttal.

38. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

62   9:24pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Reality says

In other words, you have no rebuttal.

That's a fact jack. You can't rebut a troll.

Reality says

So you are either a loon or a liar.

Or I was being sarcastic because your childish rant jumped the shark and I wanted to mock you.

39. Reality

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,262 comments

63   9:42pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

Or I was being sarcastic because your childish rant jumped the shark and I wanted to mock you.

You were just being an ineffective communicator. As for jumping shark, you did that long time ago with your blind faith in the game of Monopoly as a model of real life economics.

40. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

64   10:53pm Thu 27 Jun 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike   Protected  

Reality says

You were just being an ineffective communicator. As for jumping shark, you did that long time ago with your blind faith in the game of Monopoly as a model of real life economics.

That's fine. You can have the last word.

« First     « Previous comments    

Mish is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 251 milliseconds to create.