Wells Fargo expects to make fewer U.S. home loans this quarter

By Call it Crazy   Follow   Mon, 9 Sep 2013, 10:26am   893 views   28 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

(Reuters) - Wells Fargo & Co, the largest U.S. mortgage lender, expects to make 30 percent fewer home loans this quarter due to rising interest rates, its financial chief said on Monday.

The fourth-largest U.S. bank estimates it will make $80 billion of home loans in the third quarter compared with the $112 billion it made in the second quarter, Chief Financial Officer Tim Sloan said at a conference hosted by Barclays Plc in New York.

That would mark the first quarter since mid-2011 that Wells Fargo did not make at least $100 billion in home loans.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wells-fargo-expects-fewer-u-151704188.html

Can only mean one thing... There will be 30% MORE cash buyers...

Viewing Comments 1-28 of 28     Last »     See most liked comments

1. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    395 threads
    10,846 comments

1   10:27am Mon 9 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike  

Thirty percent less financial crime is still too much crime.

2. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    803 threads
    6,892 comments
    Baltimore, MD

2   12:26pm Mon 9 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

Or less buyers....

It certainly means less Wells Fargo employees.

3. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    820 threads
    10,119 comments

3   3:01pm Mon 9 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

RentingForHalfTheCost says

The only sure thing you can conclude from this is that we will have less Wells Fargo employees paying all CASH for homes.

Looks like the Bank of America employees will join them...

Bank of America slashes 2,100 jobs

According to Bloomberg, the worst is not over for Bank of America (BAC) mortgage employees, with the mega bank announcing plans to eliminate 2,100 jobs and close 16 mortgage offices as rising interest rates weaken loan demand.

http://www.housingwire.com/articles/26733-bank-of-america-slashes-2100-jobs

4. veruca

Follow
    Befriend
    7 comments

4   8:19am Fri 13 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

I'm confused. Why are they laying off so many employees if posters here are saying the housing market is strong and prices are going to keep going up due to strong demand. Serious question to those guys

5. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    820 threads
    10,119 comments

5   11:45am Fri 13 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (6)   Dislike (1)  

egads101 says

Well, maybe posters here are more knowledgeable than you?

Too bad you're not one of them....

egads101 says

for the past years 65% of all loans have been REFINANCE LOANS.

Which makes 35% for PURCHASES!!!

Now pull out a big chunk of the 65% going to cash-out refi's and what happens to the economy?? Think Lowes, Home Depot, boats, cars, home improvements, vacations, juniors college payments, etc..

egads101 says

the oracle is never wrong

Have you found someone yet to help carry that HUGE, ego driven head of yours around??

veruca says

if posters here are saying the housing market is strong and prices are going to keep going up due to strong demand.

The only ones saying that are the slumlords here that are over-leveraged on their empires and are scared shitless of a down-turn in the housing market!!

6. nw888

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    14 threads
    228 comments

6   12:17pm Fri 13 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

Have you found someone yet to help carry that HUGE, ego driven head of yours around??

Most likely an Indonesian prostitute.

7. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    820 threads
    10,119 comments

7   12:36pm Fri 13 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

egads101 says

The other one if phoenix, if I remember correctly,

Which guy would that be, he seems to have multiple personalities??

8. smaulgld

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    344 threads
    3,931 comments
    smaulgld's website
    Premium

8   2:18pm Fri 13 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

WellsFargo is expecting this because they havent heard there is a big recovery in housing in full swing

9. nw888

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    14 threads
    228 comments

9   4:57pm Fri 13 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Bitter because I make enough money to buy a multimillion dollar home? Okay. Entitled because I want to get a good deal on my purchase? Okay.

10. mell

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    275 threads
    3,505 comments
    San Francisco, CA

10   5:50pm Fri 13 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

That split personality issue is really getting out of hand ;)

11. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    820 threads
    10,119 comments

11   6:53pm Fri 13 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

mell says

Call it Crazy says

That split personality issue is really getting out of hand ;)

Plus, always talking in the third party sense.... There's medication that can help him with his condition....

12. veruca

Follow
    Befriend
    7 comments

12   9:22pm Fri 13 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

egads101 says

veruca says

I'm confused. Why are they laying off so many employees if posters here are saying the housing market is strong and prices are going to keep going up due to strong demand. Serious question to those guys

Well, maybe posters here are more knowledgeable than you? for the past years 65% of all loans have been REFINANCE LOANS.

as rates rise, refinance loans tank; Purchase loans have been relatively stable when compared to last year.

Serious answer to you. the oracle is never wrong; housing is going to lull into the spring, but prices will be higher next year.

I know others are more knowledgeable. That's why I asked the question. Why are you so nasty?? I see why you have such a low rating as a teacher at your college. Unbelievable, how you treat people. Thank you to everyone who answered politely and unbarbaric.

13. Analyzer

Follow
    Befriend
    629 comments

13   9:56pm Fri 13 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Beep, beep, beep...........................this is a public service announcement to the fellow board members (aka nitwits): There are outlets and professional services available to deal with anger management issues. I can assure you Patrick.net will not be your source of healing. Let me know if you need any assistance locating such services in your local area.

14. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    820 threads
    10,119 comments

14   7:15am Sat 14 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Analyzer says

Beep, beep, beep...........................this is a public service announcement to the fellow board members (aka nitwits): There are outlets and professional services available to deal with anger management issues. I can assure you Patrick.net will not be your source of healing. Let me know if you need any assistance locating such services in your local area.

Ha Ha Ha.... Perfect!!!

15. freak80

Follow
    Befriend
    65 threads
    5,519 comments
    Corning, NY

15   10:28am Sun 15 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Sorry! Someone is STILL wrong on the Internet!!

16. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    820 threads
    10,119 comments

16   2:34pm Sun 15 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

egads101 says

If your question was truly just for information, and not sarcastic, then I apologize.

Stop The CLOCK!!! He apologized for something he typed.... Holy Crap!!!

You still forgot to call him an idiot and a nitwit!!

17. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    820 threads
    10,119 comments

17   2:46pm Sun 15 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

egads101 says

Call it Crazy says

It's ok, I have you to satisfy that basic need...

Oh come on, the day wouldn't be complete without you stooping to your typical 2nd grade name-calling.....

18. Iwag

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    236 comments
    43 male
    San Francisco, CA

18   7:48am Mon 16 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

Roberto Ribas spends his time on here acting like a child under an assumed name, but we all know this despised community college teacher for who he really is. he cant hide how much of a cunt he is even if he tried

19. FunTime

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    65 threads
    1,215 comments
    San Francisco, CA

19   3:14pm Mon 16 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Just knowing refis are booked as mortgage income by a bank should be enough reason never to take a mortgage. The whole biz is bs. The article says rising mortgage rates are hurting their business, but it also must be really helping their business because who do you think gets all that interest! Are you fin stupid? Banks must be super excited during this period of high prices AND higher interest. Even if it only lasts a couple of months that's probably billions of dollars. It's great to be a bank. People don't even understand how you make money. I don't even understand it.

20. FunTime

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    65 threads
    1,215 comments
    San Francisco, CA

20   3:22pm Mon 16 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

egads101 says

Well, maybe posters here are more knowledgeable than you? for the past years 65% of all loans have been REFINANCE LOANS.

as rates rise, refinance loans tank;

I agree with others here who think that sounds like a pretty big problem. Thus the layoffs and reduction of mortgage departments by the major banks. Party's over. For now. They might think of another way to throw a party.

21. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    820 threads
    10,119 comments

21   4:01pm Mon 16 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

FunTime says

I agree with others here who think that sounds like a pretty big problem. Thus the layoffs and reduction of mortgage departments by the major banks.

It's a real big problem if your one of those loan originators who got laid off....

22. smaulgld

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    344 threads
    3,931 comments
    smaulgld's website
    Premium

22   6:22pm Mon 16 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Call it Crazy says

NO, it means higher real estate prices!

23. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    820 threads
    10,119 comments

23   6:31pm Mon 16 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

smaulgld says

Call it Crazy says

Are you crossing over to the dark side??

24. kmo722

Follow
    Befriend
    247 comments

24   6:48pm Mon 16 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

smaulgld says

Wall Street is betting otherwise.. me too..

25. smaulgld

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    344 threads
    3,931 comments
    smaulgld's website
    Premium

25   7:00pm Mon 16 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Call it Crazy says

smaulgld says

Call it Crazy says

Are you crossing over to the dark side??

Absolutely not- just kidding

26. smaulgld

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    344 threads
    3,931 comments
    smaulgld's website
    Premium

26   7:01pm Mon 16 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

kmo722 says

smaulgld says

Wall Street is betting otherwise.. me too..

Me too-lower prices coming up-read all my threads

27. Facebooksux

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    9 threads
    694 comments
    Mountain View, CA

27   9:25pm Mon 16 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

egads101 says

Call it Crazy says

It's ok, I have you to satisfy that basic need...

I'm gonna be honest here, Roberta:

That was funny.

28. freak80

Follow
    Befriend
    65 threads
    5,519 comments
    Corning, NY

28   5:28am Tue 17 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

egads101 says

with wage inflation too

Hahaha! Good one.

Call it Crazy is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 207 milliseconds to create.