« previous   housing   next »

Wells Fargo expects to make fewer U.S. home loans this quarter

By Call it Crazy   Follow   Mon, 9 Sep 2013, 3:26am PDT   1,534 views   28 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

(Reuters) - Wells Fargo & Co, the largest U.S. mortgage lender, expects to make 30 percent fewer home loans this quarter due to rising interest rates, its financial chief said on Monday.

The fourth-largest U.S. bank estimates it will make $80 billion of home loans in the third quarter compared with the $112 billion it made in the second quarter, Chief Financial Officer Tim Sloan said at a conference hosted by Barclays Plc in New York.

That would mark the first quarter since mid-2011 that Wells Fargo did not make at least $100 billion in home loans.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wells-fargo-expects-fewer-u-151704188.html

Can only mean one thing... There will be 30% MORE cash buyers...

Comments 1-28 of 28     Last »

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   Mon, 9 Sep 2013, 3:27am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike     Comment 1

Thirty percent less financial crime is still too much crime.

zzyzzx   Mon, 9 Sep 2013, 5:26am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

Call it Crazy says

Or less buyers....

It certainly means less Wells Fargo employees.

Call it Crazy   Mon, 9 Sep 2013, 8:01am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)     Comment 3

RentingForHalfTheCost says

The only sure thing you can conclude from this is that we will have less Wells Fargo employees paying all CASH for homes.

Looks like the Bank of America employees will join them...

Bank of America slashes 2,100 jobs

According to Bloomberg, the worst is not over for Bank of America (BAC) mortgage employees, with the mega bank announcing plans to eliminate 2,100 jobs and close 16 mortgage offices as rising interest rates weaken loan demand.

http://www.housingwire.com/articles/26733-bank-of-america-slashes-2100-jobs

veruca   Fri, 13 Sep 2013, 1:19am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 4

I'm confused. Why are they laying off so many employees if posters here are saying the housing market is strong and prices are going to keep going up due to strong demand. Serious question to those guys

Call it Crazy   Fri, 13 Sep 2013, 4:45am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (6)   Dislike (2)     Comment 5

egads101 says

Well, maybe posters here are more knowledgeable than you?

Too bad you're not one of them....

egads101 says

for the past years 65% of all loans have been REFINANCE LOANS.

Which makes 35% for PURCHASES!!!

Now pull out a big chunk of the 65% going to cash-out refi's and what happens to the economy?? Think Lowes, Home Depot, boats, cars, home improvements, vacations, juniors college payments, etc..

egads101 says

the oracle is never wrong

Have you found someone yet to help carry that HUGE, ego driven head of yours around??

veruca says

if posters here are saying the housing market is strong and prices are going to keep going up due to strong demand.

The only ones saying that are the slumlords here that are over-leveraged on their empires and are scared shitless of a down-turn in the housing market!!

nw888   Fri, 13 Sep 2013, 5:17am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

Call it Crazy says

Have you found someone yet to help carry that HUGE, ego driven head of yours around??

Most likely an Indonesian prostitute.

Call it Crazy   Fri, 13 Sep 2013, 5:36am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)     Comment 7

egads101 says

The other one if phoenix, if I remember correctly,

Which guy would that be, he seems to have multiple personalities??

smaulgld   Fri, 13 Sep 2013, 7:18am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

WellsFargo is expecting this because they havent heard there is a big recovery in housing in full swing

nw888   Fri, 13 Sep 2013, 9:57am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 9

Bitter because I make enough money to buy a multimillion dollar home? Okay. Entitled because I want to get a good deal on my purchase? Okay.

mell   Fri, 13 Sep 2013, 10:50am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 10

Call it Crazy says

That split personality issue is really getting out of hand ;)

Call it Crazy   Fri, 13 Sep 2013, 11:53am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)     Comment 11

mell says

Call it Crazy says

That split personality issue is really getting out of hand ;)

Plus, always talking in the third party sense.... There's medication that can help him with his condition....

veruca   Fri, 13 Sep 2013, 2:22pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 12

egads101 says

veruca says

I'm confused. Why are they laying off so many employees if posters here are saying the housing market is strong and prices are going to keep going up due to strong demand. Serious question to those guys

Well, maybe posters here are more knowledgeable than you? for the past years 65% of all loans have been REFINANCE LOANS.

as rates rise, refinance loans tank; Purchase loans have been relatively stable when compared to last year.

Serious answer to you. the oracle is never wrong; housing is going to lull into the spring, but prices will be higher next year.

I know others are more knowledgeable. That's why I asked the question. Why are you so nasty?? I see why you have such a low rating as a teacher at your college. Unbelievable, how you treat people. Thank you to everyone who answered politely and unbarbaric.

Analyzer   Fri, 13 Sep 2013, 2:56pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 13

Beep, beep, beep...........................this is a public service announcement to the fellow board members (aka nitwits): There are outlets and professional services available to deal with anger management issues. I can assure you Patrick.net will not be your source of healing. Let me know if you need any assistance locating such services in your local area.

Call it Crazy   Sat, 14 Sep 2013, 12:15am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)     Comment 14

Analyzer says

Beep, beep, beep...........................this is a public service announcement to the fellow board members (aka nitwits): There are outlets and professional services available to deal with anger management issues. I can assure you Patrick.net will not be your source of healing. Let me know if you need any assistance locating such services in your local area.

Ha Ha Ha.... Perfect!!!

freak80   Sun, 15 Sep 2013, 3:28am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 15

Sorry! Someone is STILL wrong on the Internet!!

Call it Crazy   Sun, 15 Sep 2013, 7:34am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)     Comment 16

egads101 says

If your question was truly just for information, and not sarcastic, then I apologize.

Stop The CLOCK!!! He apologized for something he typed.... Holy Crap!!!

You still forgot to call him an idiot and a nitwit!!

Call it Crazy   Sun, 15 Sep 2013, 7:46am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)     Comment 17

egads101 says

Call it Crazy says

It's ok, I have you to satisfy that basic need...

Oh come on, the day wouldn't be complete without you stooping to your typical 2nd grade name-calling.....

Iwag   Mon, 16 Sep 2013, 12:48am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)     Comment 18

Roberto Ribas spends his time on here acting like a child under an assumed name, but we all know this despised community college teacher for who he really is. he cant hide how much of a cunt he is even if he tried

FunTime   Mon, 16 Sep 2013, 8:14am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 19

Just knowing refis are booked as mortgage income by a bank should be enough reason never to take a mortgage. The whole biz is bs. The article says rising mortgage rates are hurting their business, but it also must be really helping their business because who do you think gets all that interest! Are you fin stupid? Banks must be super excited during this period of high prices AND higher interest. Even if it only lasts a couple of months that's probably billions of dollars. It's great to be a bank. People don't even understand how you make money. I don't even understand it.

FunTime   Mon, 16 Sep 2013, 8:22am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 20

egads101 says

Well, maybe posters here are more knowledgeable than you? for the past years 65% of all loans have been REFINANCE LOANS.

as rates rise, refinance loans tank;

I agree with others here who think that sounds like a pretty big problem. Thus the layoffs and reduction of mortgage departments by the major banks. Party's over. For now. They might think of another way to throw a party.

Call it Crazy   Mon, 16 Sep 2013, 9:01am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 21

FunTime says

I agree with others here who think that sounds like a pretty big problem. Thus the layoffs and reduction of mortgage departments by the major banks.

It's a real big problem if your one of those loan originators who got laid off....

smaulgld   Mon, 16 Sep 2013, 11:22am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 22

Call it Crazy says

NO, it means higher real estate prices!

Call it Crazy   Mon, 16 Sep 2013, 11:31am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 23

smaulgld says

Call it Crazy says

Are you crossing over to the dark side??

kmo722   Mon, 16 Sep 2013, 11:48am PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 24

smaulgld says

Wall Street is betting otherwise.. me too..

smaulgld   Mon, 16 Sep 2013, 12:00pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 25

Call it Crazy says

smaulgld says

Call it Crazy says

Are you crossing over to the dark side??

Absolutely not- just kidding

smaulgld   Mon, 16 Sep 2013, 12:01pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 26

kmo722 says

smaulgld says

Wall Street is betting otherwise.. me too..

Me too-lower prices coming up-read all my threads

Facebooksux   Mon, 16 Sep 2013, 2:25pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 27

egads101 says

Call it Crazy says

It's ok, I have you to satisfy that basic need...

I'm gonna be honest here, Roberta:

That was funny.

freak80   Mon, 16 Sep 2013, 10:28pm PDT   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 28

egads101 says

with wage inflation too

Hahaha! Good one.

Call it Crazy is moderator of this thread.

Email (Required, will not be visible)

Username (Just pick a name if you're new)

Watch comments by email

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net