SEARCH THE LEADING DISCOUNT REAL ESTATE DIRECTORY - 100% FREE (Advertisement)

Housing Bubble In Full Bloom, Zany Price increases, And Now A Sudden Slowdown

By Bubbabear   Follow   Thu, 12 Sep 2013, 7:15am   278 views   3 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

http://www.testosteronepit.com/home/2013/9/11/housing-bubble-in-full-bloom-zany-price-increases-and-now-a.html

So in 2012, the incomes of the top 1% jumped nearly 20%, while the incomes of the other 99% inched up 1%, less even than inflation – and their real incomes actually declined. Since the financial crisis, 95% of the income gains went to the top 1%, the report found – compared to 45% during the expansion of the 1990s and 65% during the expansion after the 2001 recession. This is the Fed’s idea of how economic growth is to be achieved, accomplished by its religion, printing money to create the “wealth effect” and asset bubbles. But it didn’t work...

Viewing Comments 1-3 of 3     Last »     See most liked comments

1. HEY YOU

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    762 threads
    1,786 comments

1   10:43am Thu 12 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

“The price increases are crazy,” real-estate agent Amy Downs in the Dallas suburb of Garland echoed to the Wall Street Journal. And it’s not good for business; a lot of her clients stopped searching for a new home."

I was going to start a new thread but this fits in with yours.

Glad to see incomes exploding so everyone can buy overpriced houses.LOL

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/top-10-states-with-exploding-home-prices.html/?ref=YF

2. David9

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    977 comments
    Tarzana, CA

2   11:03am Thu 12 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Dallas? Price increases crazy there? This raises a serious red flag with me on the validity and accuracy of these news articles.

I own a property right in the city of Dallas, so obviously, I would occasionally check in on the perceived value and I assure you no one is adding 50k, 75k, 100k, or 150k onto the listing prices in my zip code as is happening here in California.

Garland, TX? A quick search on Redfin delivers 439 properties in that suburb alone, with a few exceptions the highest price house is $349k!

Everything is relative. Real Estate is local.

3. Bubbabear

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    658 threads
    710 comments

3   10:24pm Thu 12 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

David9 says

Everything is relative.

Their strategy was to raise home prices “to the point of significantly slowing down sales pace,” he explained. And that point has been reached. Homebuyers are maxed out. That’s what ultimately pricked the last housing bubble. And that’s what will eventually prick this bubble too.

Bubbabear is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 69 milliseconds to create.