For the record, Iwog's prediction for 2014 will be dead wrong

By Iwag   Follow   Mon, 16 Sep 2013, 9:06am   6,180 views   220 comments
In San Francisco CA 94102   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (5)   Dislike (4)  

This asshole thinks housing prices are going to soar in 2014 and inventory is going to go to nothing and i just wanted to post this thread to have a record, just in case that slimey weasel goes back and changes his prediction, to show what an utter asshole he is when housing prices tank and his wifes investment goes down the gutter in concord.

iwog says

We are going higher in 2014. Probably much higher. Most California counties look like San Diego. Not only are the price gains continuing but new inventory is NOT forthcoming.

now this assholes prediction cannot be changed or edited, and in 2014 we all get to laugh at how wrong he was just like he was in 2010 when he told people to buy homes or else they would be fucked and then prices tanked which other posters have brought up numerous times

the real discussion should be how badly will iwog try to lie to cover up his failed predictions

will iwog lie like a realtor?
will iwog lie like a banker?
will iwog lie just like he always lies?

discuss!!!!

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 181-220 of 220     Last »     See most liked comments

1. kmo722

Follow
    Befriend
    247 comments

181   7:45pm Mon 23 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

he's already wrong.. forget about 2014..

2. Iwag

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    236 comments
    43 male
    San Francisco, CA

182   1:16pm Tue 24 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

bay area home prices dropped year over year in august from 2012 to 2013 and that was with lower inventory and better mortgage rates

some liar is about to get exposed

3. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

183   1:25pm Tue 24 Sep 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)   Protected  

Iwag says

bay area home prices dropped year over year in august from 2012 to 2013 and that was with lower inventory and better mortgage rates

Oh really?? Where did you get this particular bit of genius?

4. Iwag

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    236 comments
    43 male
    San Francisco, CA

184   8:44am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

concord inventory up 30% year over year, FACT
    concord sales down 20% year over year, FACT

5. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

185   8:57am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)   Protected  

Iwag says

6. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

186   8:58am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)   Protected  

jojo says

Iwog, what's your take on this?

You're kidding right??

Why are you talking to a ridiculous troll?

It's still friggin March and prices are already doing exactly what I predicted they would do. Wait til June.

7. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

187   9:02am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)   Protected  

jojo says

Iwog. That's not sales or inventory. You are not addressing sales or inventory.

1. I've never tied sales to anything I've ever said or predicted.
    2. I never predicted falling inventory for Concord. I did say that inventory had not yet bottomed in many California markets (BEFORE they bottomed which means it was a prediction) and I was absolutely right.

8. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    941 threads
    12,070 comments

188   9:03am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

jojo says

Iwag says

Iwog's response is that he posts a chart that doesn't reflect neither of those questions of inventory or number of sales, but he posts a chart of Listing $/sq. ft.

You can't make this shit up people......

9. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

189   9:06am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)   Protected  

jojo says

the chicken is dancing...

So troll #1 lies and troll #2 pretends he's right?

Are you people for real?

10. Iwag

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    236 comments
    43 male
    San Francisco, CA

190   9:12am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

it makes me happy to see iwog destroy what little credibility he has left

now, lets wait for iwog to bring out all of his alt accounts to viciously defend him...

bigsby, tatupupu, strategist, cloud13 in 3.... 2.... 1......

11. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

191   9:13am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)   Protected  

jojo says

iwog says

jojo says

Are you people for real?

anyone who disagrees with anything you say you classify as a troll.

No, people who lie about me not answering questions and people who confirm people lying about me not answering questions are trolls.

Do you disagree?

12. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    941 threads
    12,070 comments

192   9:15am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

jojo says

iwog says

jojo says

Are you people for real?

anyone who disagrees with anything you say you classify as a troll.

Just wait until he starts calling you all types of second grade little girl insults ... Then you'll really know he means business...

13. Iwag

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    236 comments
    43 male
    San Francisco, CA

193   9:17am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Iwog - "We are going higher in 2014. Probably much higher. Most California counties look like San Diego. Not only are the price gains continuing but new inventory is NOT forthcoming."

San Diego inventory: up 27% year over year
    San Diego median sold price FLAT since july 2013

14. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

194   9:18am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)   Protected  

jojo says

Like this?

Why are you changing the subject?

I posted a graph showing prices headed up in Concord. So?

I asked you a question. Do you disagree?

15. Iwag

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    236 comments
    43 male
    San Francisco, CA

195   9:19am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

"I posted a graph showing prices headed up in Concord."

lol hahahaha

this liar can't even contain his lies when everyone is looking.

16. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

196   9:22am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)   Protected  

jojo says

Call it Crazy says

Iwog's response is that he posts a chart that doesn't reflect neither of those questions of inventory or number of sales, but he posts a chart of Listing $/sq. ft.

You can't make this shit up people......

So you're not going to answer my question?

I answered both of YOUR questions and posted the chart.

Again......do you think that a person lying about responses is a troll?

Yes or no.

17. Iwag

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    236 comments
    43 male
    San Francisco, CA

197   9:22am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

can we finally all just admit iwog is a classless troll?

the guy makes a grand prediction that inventory is going lower and prices skyrocketing in California

then when that doesnt happen in the market where he's heavily invested in, we're talking about his wifes life savings here, he dances and dances, and then post a graph of San Francisco (a market where he has ZERO investment) and says 'i was only talking about some markets in california'

what a lying asshole

18. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

198   9:27am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)   Protected  

No answer huh jojo?

Figures.

19. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    941 threads
    12,070 comments

199   9:27am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

iwog says

jojo says

Like this?

Why are you changing the subject?

I posted a graph showing prices headed up in Concord. So?

I asked you a question. Do you disagree?

The question was Inventory and Total Sales, not Prices...

YOU changed it... which didn't reflect jojo's question...

Wow.... You REALLY can't make this shit up with him...

20. Iwag

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    236 comments
    43 male
    San Francisco, CA

200   9:32am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

he also posted listing prices not actual sold prices

i wonder why

21. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

201   9:39am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)   Protected  

Call it Crazy says

1. I answered both questions.
    2. I posted a chart of concord because the moron brought up Concord.

Too complicated for you?

22. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

202   9:40am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)   Protected  

jojo says

Iwag says

he also posted listing prices not actual sold prices

i wonder why

maybe its a medical condition.

Actual sold prices are where we've been. Asking prices are where we're going. If you're looking to future market action, you have to look at asking prices.

Sold prices were flat through Winter which is extremely abnormal considering prices usually drop 5% or so during the winter.

23. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

203   9:43am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)   Protected  

jojo says

iwog says

No answer huh jojo?

jojo says

Iwog. That's not sales or inventory. You are not addressing sales or inventory.

Right......do you need me to retype the question a third time?

I'll retype my answers a second time.

1. Sales are totally irrelevant and nothing that has ever been part of any of my predictions. Challenging me on them is retarded.
    2. I never predicted a bottoming of inventory in Concord, however I did say that inventory was still declining in much of California.

So while I remain reasonable and answer pretty much everything, you're going to do what exactly? Keep running?

24. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    941 threads
    12,070 comments

204   9:46am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

iwog says

Call it Crazy says

1. I answered both questions.

2. I posted a chart of concord because the moron brought up Concord.

Too complicated for you?

Apparently too complicated for YOU, or your reading comprehension...

Just as a refresher for the mentally impaired.....

Inventory and Total Sales IS NOT equal to Listing $/sq. ft...

You can try and spin your ignorance any way you want, but it won't help....

25. Iwag

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    236 comments
    43 male
    San Francisco, CA

205   9:47am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

"I never predicted a bottoming of inventory in Concord, however I did say that inventory was still declining in much of California"

listen to this asshole

now he wasn't talking about the real estate market where he's 100% invested in, he's talking about 'other markets' where he has no financial ties at all

lol

26. Han

Follow
    Befriend
    14 comments

206   9:49am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

iwog says

No answer huh jojo?

Figures.

Iwog, despite the fact that you provide thoughtful analysis and have been correct about many facets of California real estate, right now what you are doing is giving the trolls more ammunition - what they want is for you to get agitated (which may or may not have occurred), and keep replying and adding to this thread (which has certainly occurred).

Iwag's sole purpose is to bait you (and others on this forum), so every time you reply to his comments you are pretty much getting tooled.

But, if that's what you and SubOink and others want, then so be it - please enjoy :-)

By the way, I do not consider CiC or Jojo trolls...they may not agree with you, but I do not believe they are trolls.

27. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

207   9:49am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)   Protected  

jojo says

iwog says

Actual sold prices are where we've been. Asking prices are where we're going.

Anyone can ask for any price. If it fails to sell it is meaningless.

I've watched these charts for years now. A jump in asking prices almost always precedes a jump in selling prices.

If yo don't know this, it's clear you don't have the experience I do.

28. wave9x

Follow
    Befriend
    12 threads
    161 comments

208   9:51am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Iwag says

Since you used Concord as your example, here are stats for Concord...
    8/12 median sale $/sqft $198
    8/12 median sale $290k

8/13 $/sqft $273 (38% YoY increase)
    8/13 median sale $404k (39% YoY increase)

29. Iwag

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    236 comments
    43 male
    San Francisco, CA

209   9:55am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

i never said concord in THAT post that you referenced. is that what you do iwog? take post out of context and then lie about their conclusions?

30. exfatguy

Follow
    Befriend
    7 threads
    274 comments

210   10:01am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

Whether iwog is correct because he's a genius or just because he's guessed right, the fact is, he's right. Prices aren't ever going to go down. The United States housing market is global now, and there are a billion or more people in this world that can and will pay all-cash for any house regardless of location and regardless of condition.

My daughter just sold her Barbie dollhouse on Ebay. She was asking $10.00, and after a short bidding war it sold for $375,000 to an investor in China that immediately relisted it for double.

31. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    941 threads
    12,070 comments

211   10:10am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

jojo says

Iwag says

Here are quotes form Iwog's favorite Go-To site... It doesn't specifically state Concord, but it addresses the general area:

Home sales in Redfin’s 11 West Coast markets fell 13.4 percent in February from the year before, hitting a five-year low in the first two months of the year, and steep price increases are likely to blame.

Sales fell the most in Las Vegas (-22.7%), Sacramento (-21.8%) and Ventura, Calif. (-20.8%). But most West Coast markets have more inventory than this time last year and aren’t hampered by bad weather as many East Coast areas have been, which leaves affordability as the likely culprit for the sales slump.

In February, home inventory grew by double digits in Phoenix (38.5%), Sacramento (23.9%), Riverside, Calif. (22.8%), Ventura, Calif. (22.1%), San Diego (18.6%) and Los Angeles (17.8%), compared with a year ago.

32. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    941 threads
    12,070 comments

212   10:12am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

jojo says

Where a new listing might have attracted 10 or 12 offers last spring, 3 or 4 are coming in now; where 3 or 4 offers would have arrived, the seller is getting 1.

Interesting... And this from Redfin:

According to Redfin Los Angeles agent Eric Tan, “This time last year, sellers could name their price and still get 20 to 30 offers. This year, even homes that are priced competitively are only seeing two to three offers come in, often at or below list price. Pricing appropriately is crucial.”

33. RentingForHalfTheCost

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    63 threads
    2,551 comments
    Pleasanton, CA

213   10:21am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

jojo says

Where a new listing might have attracted 10 or 12 offers last spring, 3 or 4 are coming in now; where 3 or 4 offers would have arrived, the seller is getting 1.

Interesting... And this from Redfin:

According to Redfin Los Angeles agent Eric Tan, “This time last year, sellers could name their price and still get 20 to 30 offers. This year, even homes that are priced competitively are only seeing two to three offers come in, often at or below list price. Pricing appropriately is crucial.”

God is currently ignoring the need of Realtors to feed their families. After years and years of making sure they had the best, he is finally now turning his back. See what happens when you get greedy. Regular almonds wasn't enough, you had to go organic. Regular bread wasn't enough, you had to push for wheat germ free. Regular yogurt wasn't enough, you had to switch to Greek non-fat. Well now you need to switch back and actually suck it up and jump into the real work force. You know, the one where you actually have to contribute to society somehow. Not just get a cut of a simple sale event. God is not your friend anymore.

34. wave9x

Follow
    Befriend
    12 threads
    161 comments

214   10:57am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Iwag says

Stats for the entire Bay Area:

8/12 median sale $410k
    8/13 median sale $540k (31.7% YoY increase)

http://www.dqnews.com/Articles/2013/News/California/Bay-Area/RRBay130913.aspx

Prices way up in every single county.

35. Iwag

Follow
    Befriend
    4 threads
    236 comments
    43 male
    San Francisco, CA

215   11:06am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

i meant month over month

36. lattitude

Follow
    Befriend
    12 comments

216   11:29am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

That Paragon link's author retracted his view that the market was slowing down in the March report (and now says the opposite is true).

37. lattitude

Follow
    Befriend
    12 comments

217   11:54am Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.paragon-re.com/03_14_SF_Home_Market_Heats_Up_Again

"We recently speculated on tentative signs that suggested a further market normalization, but now the indicators are pointing in a different direction. The inventory of homes available to purchase on any given day is even lower than before last year's furious market; buyer demand has emerged from its midwinter hibernation like a hungry bear; and prices are under increasing pressure once again."

38. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    941 threads
    12,070 comments

218   12:08pm Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

lattitude says

The inventory of homes available to purchase on any given day is even lower than before last year's furious market; buyer demand has emerged from its midwinter hibernation like a hungry bear; and prices are under increasing pressure once again."

I call BS on their statements. Either that, or Redfin is wrong. This quote above goes directly again the quotes from Redfin in my post #224 above...

According to Redfin, inventory is higher YoY by double digits and the number of sales (buyer interest) is down YoY by double digits...

So, who's correct.....

39. SubOink

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    16 threads
    857 comments
    Los Angeles, CA

219   12:10pm Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Iwag says

For the record, Iwog's prediction for 2014 will be dead wrong

Not sure where you have been ...so far the only one who's predictions have turned out completely wrong are yours - LOL

Don't be mad!

40. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

220   12:12pm Mon 24 Mar 2014   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)   Protected  

jojo says

lattitude says

That Paragon link's author retracted his view that the market was slowing down in the March report (and now says the opposite is true).

Do you have a link?

You've got a lot to learn.

« First     « Previous comments    

Iwag is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 178 milliseconds to create.