In La Jolla CA 92037   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Viewing Comments 1-5 of 5     Last »     See most liked comments

1. drvan

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    2 comments

1   7:58pm Wed 18 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

As per NYT rent vs. buy calculator I would break even after 3 years? what is wrong with this NYT calculator?

2. drvan

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    2 comments

2   8:14pm Wed 18 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  
  3. Nomograph

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    104 threads
    2,848 comments

3   8:23pm Wed 18 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

That's not a particularly nice property. It's smack dab in the middle of one of the most busy arteries in San Diego, and becomes a logjam during the summer. I believe the HOA's for those condos are around 450 per month as I remember.

It is close to the beach though...

4. ih8alameda2

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    34 comments

4   3:17pm Thu 19 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

drvan says

As per NYT rent vs. buy calculator I would break even after 3 years? what is wrong with this NYT calculator?

without knowing any figures or what you put in, i'm more inclined to ask, what are wrong with your figures? =)

5. Shawn

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    106 comments
    San Diego, CA

5   3:34pm Thu 19 May 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

The NY Times calculator probably assigns a high % of annual appreciation by default. Try changing it to something realistic, like a rate of depreciation. But good luck, I've seen calculators out there that won't even accept the possibility of a negative appreciation rate.

anonymous is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 98 milliseconds to create.