Whoopie we still have the right in Florida to eat our viamins and scoff the Insurance Insudstry.

By Done!   Follow   Mon, 31 Jan 2011, 12:01pm   1,347 views   12 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Just came down, Florida ruled Owebama care-less unconstitutional.

Discuss!

Viewing Comments 1-12 of 12     Last »     See most liked comments

1. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    386 threads
    20,380 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

1   9:30am Tue 1 Feb 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

This is headed to the Supreme Court.

Many think it's impossible for the Supreme Court to craft a ruling that invalidates Obama care without throwing out Social Security and Medicare. Both Social Security and Medicare are government programs that Americans are forced to participate in.

Since there are now four lunatics on the Supreme Court, it will fall to Anthony Kennedy to decide if SSI and Medicare are to be eliminated. Doing so will be the end of Republican rule since obviously baby boomers who are starting to retire right now will not tolerate the end of these programs.

Should make for some very interesting television.

2. Done!

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    159 threads
    2,826 comments

2   10:23am Tue 1 Feb 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

Both Social Security and Medicare are government programs that Americans are forced to participate in.

There's a fundamental difference. Those agencies are Government managed and cost the tax payers Pennies compared to what the out of control "Insurance" industry wants to bilk people for.
    Catastrophic illness aside, it is far more feasible to just pay out of pocket, than it is to pay for health insurance. AND even more so under Obamacare so far.

Why don't you compare apples to apples, and quit being coy. You know damn well there's a big gap in what not only Liberals but anyone that would like to see a Health care policy, that actually benefits everyone, and what we were given under Obmacare.

It's also "Unconstitutional to deliver bad policy that is admitted by everyone involved to have it's faults and flaws, crafted by thousands of pages that no one read and understood fully. But expect it will work its self out, as if "It's a start, we'll fix it latter". Maybe for Rich spoon fed elite, they believe a load of crap like that, but for the lower middle class and poor, we know better. It's either perfect to start with, and is destroyed beyond recognition of the original intent. Because a few people are allowed to commit 80% of the abuses. SO rather than punish those at fault, the whole system gets reworked to make them Crooked bastards in compliance and can reap their spoils with "Transparency", while putting more burden on everyone else.

NEVER in American History has Washington put forth Shitty Legislation, let alone, where the majority consensus, says, "Well it's a start, we'll make it better" while the shifting Minority is saying "When we get in, we'll do away with it."

It's flawed from the ground to the top, and the whole thing stinks. I say that now, as I did many many many times on this forum during the Primaries after Obama first said he make Insurance premiums(to corporate insurance companies) "Mandatory".
    I've been calling it Unconstitutional from DAY one. since at least March 07, before he was even elected.

This is not a reaction from the losing side of the issue, this what's left of our Democracy decreeing Obamacare "Unconstitutional" as it should be.

3. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    386 threads
    20,380 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

3   10:48am Tue 1 Feb 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

I'm afraid that cost cannot be the basis of a constitutional challenge. It has nothing to do with the legality of a government mandated program.

If Obama care is unconstitutional, then so is Medicare. If Medicare and SSI are outlawed by the Republicans on the Supreme Court, Republican rule is over. In addition it will throw society in disarray since the very large baby boomer generation will be screwed.

4. Done!

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    159 threads
    2,826 comments

4   12:04pm Tue 1 Feb 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

This is a Fun game Aint it?

Two different things all together.

"COST" is a basis of a constitutional challenge, though I'm sure you understand and know the difference in "Cost" and a Government "Mandating its Citizens to patronize ANY private entity." Surely you know that, or I'm... I'm just arguing with a set of wind up chattering teeth.

Mandate from whom and the beneficiaries there of aside. Our Government surely can't oppress unprecedented taxation or fee, so burdensome on a society, that the fare of such an abomination is Higher cost than the median Mortgage payment in America. And in an America, where more than 40% will never realize the dream of Home ownership.

5. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    386 threads
    20,380 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

5   5:02pm Tue 1 Feb 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

How is medicare not mandating citizens to patronize a private entity? Do you really honestly think the path the money takes is going to be the subject of a constitutional challenge? As if the founding fathers really specified that mandatory public taxation resulting in payments to a private drug manufacturer is okay while mandatory public subscription to health care of choice is not?

I defy you to provide a CONSTITUTIONAL prohibition that would apply to Obama care and NOT apply to Medicare.

Do you know of one?

6. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    166 threads
    5,480 comments

6   9:39am Thu 3 Feb 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I think they will rule this unconstitutional because it forces us to participate in an industry ran by private organizations which do not answer to the government.

It's not the same as Medicare because I'm paying it through taxes to the government which isn't there to make a profit (they print the money anyway). If that was taxed and paid out to a private insurer I'd be up in arms... because that would quickly turn into crony capitalism.

7. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    386 threads
    20,380 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

7   10:17am Thu 3 Feb 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

ChrisLA says

I think they will rule this unconstitutional because it forces us to participate in an industry ran by private organizations which do not answer to the government.

It’s not the same as Medicare because I’m paying it through taxes to the government which isn’t there to make a profit (they print the money anyway). If that was taxed and paid out to a private insurer I’d be up in arms… because that would quickly turn into crony capitalism.

The end provider of Medicare is exactly the same as the end provider for Obama care: Private for-profit medical corporations.

Obviously there is nothing explicit in the constitution about this issue, therefore anyone seeking a constitutional challenge to prohibit the health care bill MUST appeal to a very broad interpretation.

I've done a lot of research on this and I know of only two rational arguments why the health care bill might be unconstitutional. For all the static and misinformation and propaganda and outright lying, the health care bill can only be defeated on one of these two things:

1. The commerce clause which prevents the federal government from regulating intrastate commerce.

2. The "takings" clause contained in the 5th amendment.

People might hate the health care legislation, but they need to remember one very important thing. A Supreme Court ruling that invalidates Obama care will RADICALLY change the nature of the country and throw the courts into chaos.

You cannot simply say "Obama care is unconstitutional because it makes me get health insurance" and neither can the Supreme Court.

8. ¥

Follow
    Befriend
    35 threads
    5,700 comments
    Bellingham, WA

8   12:06pm Fri 4 Feb 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

ChrisLA says

I think they will rule this unconstitutional because it forces us to participate in an industry ran by private organizations

I wonder why people keep repeating this when it is fundamentally untrue.

The law "encourages" people to get insurance, just gov't tax policy encourages me to father babies and take out a mortgage.

which do not answer to the government.

Two lies in one statement. Impressive ChrisLA, very impressive.

http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2010/11/22/hhs-releases-final-medical-loss-ratio-regulations/

9. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    408 threads
    11,768 comments

9   7:25am Thu 7 Apr 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

You wait - the teabaggers are going to press for Medicare and Medicaid to be declared unconstitutional.

They won't stop until they get a court decision that legalizes hunting licenses for senior citizens.

They're free to shoot back, right? And freedom is what America is all about, right?

10. Ptipking222

Follow
    Befriend
    11 threads
    144 comments
    Ptipking222's website

10   3:00pm Thu 7 Apr 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

This is headed to the Supreme Court.
    Many think it’s impossible for the Supreme Court to craft a ruling that invalidates Obama care without throwing out Social Security and Medicare. Both Social Security and Medicare are government programs that Americans are forced to participate in.
    Since there are now four lunatics on the Supreme Court, it will fall to Anthony Kennedy to decide if SSI and Medicare are to be eliminated. Doing so will be the end of Republican rule since obviously baby boomers who are starting to retire right now will not tolerate the end of these programs.
    Should make for some very interesting television.

Yeah, everyone agrees it's fair to steal from the young to pay for a bunch of medical procedures, many of questionable value.

They should overrule medicare/social security on the 14th amendment. We're sure as shit not having equal protection for the generations. It's steal from the young to give to the old in this country!

11. ¥

Follow
    Befriend
    35 threads
    5,700 comments
    Bellingham, WA

11   9:58am Sun 10 Apr 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Ptipking222 says

It’s steal from the young to give to the old in this country!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TcDHrkQYg

12. justme

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    38 threads
    4,072 comments

12   11:23pm Sun 10 Apr 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

thunderlips11 says

Probably most teabaggers are on medicare/medicaid. Google “Matt Taibbi Tea Party”… hilarious piece, he interviews random teabaggers, and many of them are on disability or using medicare.

I second that one.

Done! is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 126 milliseconds to create.