Near Washington DC 20002

Watch
Start a new Washington, DC 20002 thread

Obamacare Isnt Causing an Increase in Part-Time Employment, in One Chart
By finehoe in Washington DC 20009   1 comment, latest 11 months ago:
smaulgld says Ok so its just increasing a reduction in the labor participation rate.

Turnaround in D.C. area
By finehoe in Washington DC 20009   posted 1 year ago:
For Washington area, real estate market turnaround is in full swing Five years after the housing market collapsed, sending the economy tumbling with it, here’s what recovery in the Washington area looks like: Inventory is...

Classy Conservatives
By finehoe in Washington DC 20009   105 comments, latest 1 year ago:
sbh says Bellingham Bill says "Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." -- John Stuart Mill Yes. It is not a sufficient...

GAO: U.S. Corporate Tax Rate is 12.6%
"Profitable U.S. corporations paid an average federal effective tax rate of 12.6 percent in 2010, less than half the statutory rate of 35 percent, according to a study released Monday by the Government Accountability Office."...

Home prices post biggest increase in 7 years
By finehoe in Washington DC 20009   1 comment, latest 1 year ago:
woggs1 says Cha ching!!! I wonder if this could have been predicted, its pretty crazy how this is playing out. I'm glad I bought in 2011, my house appraised for $255,000 more than I paid...

Study: Tech Worker Shortage a Myth
By finehoe in Washington DC 20009   315 comments, latest 1 year ago:
Rin says New Renter says Mobi says Maybe the bottleneck is on H1B quotas. I do not know. The problem is the myth has encouraged young people to seek careers in STEM. Many are finding...

Wall Street betting billions on single-family homes in distressed markets
By finehoe in Washington DC 20009   23 comments, latest 1 year ago:
Mobi says iwog says Don't discount the securitization of SFRs. The amount of money that can be concentrated into the housing market from Wall Street is astounding and will make the AAA-rated fraud-bond bubble look...

6 States that Tax the Poor the Hardest
By finehoe in Washington DC 20009   8 comments, latest 1 year ago:
New Renter says errc says The poor cause the most crime? How do you figure? The poor go to jail. The rich not so much. Its only a crime if you are convicted.

Obama, Deficit Hawk
By finehoe in Washington DC 20009   1 comment, latest 1 year ago:
Bellingham Bill says A couple of things http://research.stlouisfed.org blue line is federal deficit / GDP red line is the fed's holdings of UST / GDP The Fed's QE has given our system a shot in...

For Some Ready To Buy, A Good Home Is Hard To Find
By finehoe in Washington DC 20009   2 comments, latest 1 year ago:
FunTime says A fifth of houses underwater, from the article. Astounding! Also, if their lives are changed so much keeping up with listings, what is the agent doing? If I was paying someone to be...

The Social Mobility Fairy Tale
By finehoe in Washington DC 20009   7 comments, latest 1 year ago:
CaptainShuddup says lostand confused says Yeah it was different before when you had long term employees who knew the business, the infrastructure and had no incentive to work longer than they had to. That's why...

DC regional bubble
By patb in Washington DC 20002   1 comment, latest 1 year ago:
zzyzzx says I was wondering about that one as well.

How the Rich Are Destroying the US Economy
By finehoe in Washington DC 20009   23 comments, latest 1 year ago:
Mick Russom says David Losh says It's a war of economies. yes. And we've all been drafted. Food on the table is in escrow.

Homeowners equity jumps 20 percent after a years-long slump
After hitting a low of $6.45 trillion in the final three months of 2011, Americans’ combined home equity jumped nearly $1.3 trillion during the next nine months, to $7.71 trillion — a 20 percent gain...

D.C. house inspires 168 bids in red-hot real estate market
By finehoe in Washington DC 20009   2 comments, latest 1 year ago:
zzyzzx says One house hunter in the Boston area told the Boston Globe this year that the desperate buyers reminded him of “people trying to get on the last lifeboat on the Titanic.” The foreclosure...

’Bidding Wars‘ Not Boosting House Prices, Latest HousingPulse Results Show
By Poop Deck in Washington DC 20010   2 comments, latest 2 years ago:
1sfrenter says thomas.wong1986 says There is no doubt BW are not real. Depends on where you are. This spring it's been happening in San Francisco. There is very little for sale and many places are...

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 63 milliseconds to create.