Melissa Click: Mizzou fired me because I am white!!
By lostand confused   16 comments, latest 52 minutes ago
http://thefederalist.com/2016/ Remember Melissa Click, the University of Missouri professor who lost her job after assaulting a student on camera and asking for some “muscle” to help get rid of him? According to Click, her dismissal from Mizzou wasn’t because she attacked a student in a pathetic bid to shut down free speech. Nope. Click says she was fired for being white.
↑ Like (2)   ↓ Dislike

Rework of Patrick.net Format
By Patrick   8 comments, latest 3 hours ago
At the suggestion of a user, I'm trying to make patrick.net more like a news site and less just a forum. So I'm hoping each post will be something like a news story, and have at least one picture, which I will also include on the home page. I don't have the picture thing worked out yet, coming today, I hope. Default sorting of home page is now by likes, but you can just click "active" on the home...
↑ Like   ↓ Dislike (1)

When McDonald's is closed...
By zzyzzx   8 comments, latest 3 hours ago

↑ Like (14)   ↓ Dislike (1)

Working Hoverbike
By Patrick   #scitech  #insanity  #danger   3 comments, latest 5 hours ago
#scitech #insanity #danger
↑ Like   ↓ Dislike

Koch brother backs Hillary
By Blurtman   28 comments, latest 5 hours ago
Multi-billionaire kingmaker trashes the Republican presidential field as 'terrible role models' and suggests Hillary will make a better president Republican donor Charles Koch said he could not back Trump or Cruz He called them 'terrible role models' and said he was sick of their bickering Koch added that he was against Cruz's ISIS policy and Trump's Muslim ban Said Trump's vow to register Muslims was 'reminiscent of Nazi Germany' Multi-billionaire said it's 'possible' that Clinton could be a better president...
↑ Like (3)   ↓ Dislike

Suicide at Apple headquarters
By Patrick   11 comments, latest 7 hours ago
http://www.reuters.com/article An Apple Inc employee was found dead on Wednesday at the company's Silicon Valley headquarters, police said, with local media reporting that the victim had suffered a head wound and a gun was discovered near his body. Sergeant Andrea Urena of the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office told reporters at a press conference that deputies were called to Apple's main offices in Cupertino at 8:35 a.m. PDT (1535 GMT). "When deputies responded to the campus they found one individual...
↑ Like   ↓ Dislike

His goal was to display his country's flag "as loud as I can."
By Blurtman   21 comments, latest 8 hours ago
"I came out here to support my people and my father," Adrian Olivares, a 23-year-old college student who was draped in a Mexican flag, told CNN. He said his goal in protesting Trump's appearance was to display his country's flag "as loud as I can." http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/29/ ----- The fellow was born in the USA in the 1990's, and yet says his country is Mexico. WTF?
↑ Like   ↓ Dislike

Slash (the / character) is now allowed in patrick.net post titles like this one
By Patrick   3 comments, latest 8 hours ago
The fix was to alter the nginx.conf from this: rewrite ^/([^/]+)$ /index.php?title=$1 last; # specific post to this: rewrite ^/(.+)$ /index.php?title=$1 last; # specific post Let me know if this introduced any new bugs. The idea is that if a specific file exists on the server, it will be used: if (-f $request_filename) { # if file exists (like /js/bootstrap.min.js) then use it, don't rewrite break; } If the file does not exist, we redirect to /index.php and give it...
↑ Like (3)   ↓ Dislike
Schools holding separate graduation ceremonies for LGBT students
By P N Dr Lo R   1 comment, latest 8 hours ago
http://www.washingtontimes.com The LGBT community has been fighting a decades-long culture war to be included in the fabrics of American society — and it’s winning. Yet when it comes to their graduation ceremonies, it seems they’d prefer exclusivity.
↑ Like   ↓ Dislike

CUT THE FEDERAL BUDGET? START BY KILLING CORPORATE WELFARE
By jazz music   2 comments, latest 8 hours ago
Obama has not changed anything regarding corporate welfare. For all the billions all we get is more sent offshore and a jobless recovery. Cutting corporate welfare is the heresy they invest a billion a year in conservative talk radio, blogs and infotainment like Fox news to keep us from talking about. Stand on your hind legs! Stop grudging the little help the poor gets and CUT THE $153 BBN corporate welfare!!! The federal budget is filled with outrageous, inappropriate,...
↑ Like   ↓ Dislike

Endgame of Paper Economies
By NuttBoxer   #investing  #economics   82 comments, latest 9 hours ago
#investing #economics Interview with former central banker who worked at the Fed, IMF, and Citibank. Good reality check that stands in contrasts to the paper economists proclaiming their assets will never lose value, and prices will rise ad infinitum. http://the-moneychanger.com/ar
↑ Like (3)   ↓ Dislike

What Do You Shout Into the Swollen Fat Face of an Oozing Bag of Shit Like This?
By DieBankOfAmericaPhukkingDie   25 comments, latest 9 hours ago
I'd start with "FAT FUCK! FAT FUCK!" shouted within 4 inches of her ear. Suggestions?
↑ Like (3)   ↓ Dislike

Trump Supporter Stripped of 1st and 2nd Amendment Rights
By HydroCabron   posted 10 hours ago
WASHINGTON — A fanatical Donald Trump supporter, who was arrested by the FBI in Oregon this week after repeatedly threatening to kill President Barack Obama and federal agents, had multiple pipe bombs in his home, authorities alleged in court on Friday. “Obama you goat fffing fudgepacker, the refugees are men of fighting age. Black lives matter! Sure we need someone to pick cotton and wash cars. Paris, burn diseased muslim neighborhoods to the ground and start over with human beings....
↑ Like   ↓ Dislike

Will Trump beat Hillary (if she is the nominee?)
By Blurtman   73 comments, latest 11 hours ago
Trump will blast Hillary's backing of job destroying trade deals, which will appeal to a good deal of the Rust Belt electorate. Hillary has a loyal following of women with a grudge man blaming career women, and uninformed African Americans. She also carries the close minded reflexively liberal and PC crowd. But can Trump bring on board enough of the anti-Hillary Democrat leaning independents and progressive Democrats, or Democrats of any stripe that just will not vote for a neocon...
↑ Like (9)   ↓ Dislike

Time Stamp your 2016 Recession Call Now
By Logan Mohtashami   #Economics  #Investing  #Housing   1,013 comment, latest 14 hours ago
As predictable as the Sun rising, the Drama last Friday sent the Recession Bears into over drive once again. Well, time to man up, time stamp your 2016 Recession Call now. I say no, can't have a Job Loss Recession or 2nd Great Recession as some have been calling while - Fed rate hike cycle barely started ( No Inflation) to fight - LEI is still tracking positive - Unemployment claims are low ( Not over 300K) and you...
↑ Like   ↓ Dislike
Is it just me who's crazy?
By Houseless but not homeless   12 comments, latest 14 hours ago
Hi Guys!! It's been a while since I've come around although I pop in from time to time. I've noticed the format has changed and there are no longer articles related to housing as before. Why is that? Patrick, did you give up? Or did you move on to bigger and better things? Anyway, the reason that I decided to post this thread is the insanity I have come upon in my recent research involving housing in the Bay area....
↑ Like (2)   ↓ Dislike
Baby Boomers Are What's Wrong With The Economy
By Indiana Jones   #economics   105 comments, latest 15 hours ago
https://www.washingtonpost.com From the article: My generation, Gen X, is in far worse financial shape than our parents were at the same age. Millennials are even worse off than we are. Soon after the Great Recession ended, the Pew Research Center reported that middle-class families were 5 percent less wealthy than their parents had been at their age, even though today’s families work a lot harder — the average family’s total working hours has risen by a quarter over the past...
↑ Like (1)   ↓ Dislike (3)
The Way Things Go in HTML
By Patrick   #html  #fun  #scitech   posted 16 hours ago
http://sebastianlyserena.dk/ #html #fun #scitech
↑ Like   ↓ Dislike

Why Bernie Sanders FREE college plan doesn't make sense
By Ironman   #politics  #FeelTheBerningSensation   6 comments, latest 16 hours ago
Two professors at the College of William and Mary in Virginia analyzed his proposal and concluded it’s economically and politically unrealistic. Robert Archibald and David Feldman teach in the economics department. They are the authors of “Why Does College Cost So Much?” and here offer their opinion on his proposal. Tuition-free public education is music to the ears of families who see state university sticker prices continually rising more rapidly than their income. Presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (Vt.) has...
↑ Like (1)   ↓ Dislike

DESPERATION!!! Cruz names Carly as his V.P. choice..
By Ironman   #politics   37 comments, latest 16 hours ago
Time to eject Ted, it's over.... You hit the iceberg two weeks ago.. #politics
↑ Like (5)   ↓ Dislike (1)

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   free bumper sticker  

please recommend patrick.net to your friends